Samsung Galaxy S5 pre-registrations now number 300,000 at T-Mobile
The big question is how many of these pre-registrations turn into actual orders for Sammy's latest flagship Android smartphone. If anything, it shows that there remains plenty of interest in the line.
Without offering subsidized pricing, T-Mobile has plenty of options available to it when it comes to deciding what to charge for the phone. One thing it can play around with is the down payment and while everyone loves to see that part of the equation as low as possible, that will result in higher monthly installment payments.
source: @askdes via AndroidCentral
1. LiyanaBG (Posts: 365; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
who wouldn't sign up when they giving out free phone everyday?
it's free phone
2. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Lags everywhere. Do not forget, it's still CheatWiz anyway.
9. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
apparently people dont care lags.
14. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
ya touchwiz lag, but if someone buy samsung phone, change to nova / apex , no more lag.
25. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Have you checked all the hands-on videos? The new user interface is lag free.
27. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
I have the Note 3 and it doesn't lag. I like how you've come to your conclusion without even using it. Also, LG cheats at benchmarks too.
28. GeekMovement (Posts: 1514; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
From my Samsung experience, everything's been solid with minimum-no lag starting with the Note 2 and forward. The Galaxy S III one of my family owns (and that I used to own) is pretty smooth as well with rare hiccups, but my note 2 is sailing smooth as well as our other family's Galaxy S4. We sound like a Samsung family, but we've tried LG and HTC before. I plan on trying both of them again sometime.
34. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
It lags so bad, people just keep buying them year after year after year. Yep, gotta really hate that lag.
37. donfem (Posts: 553; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I guess your hatred or dislike for Sammy has shrouded your reasoning
52. Ashoaib (Posts: 2353; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Reaaalllyyyy? OooO... by the way, its a great full featured UI
3. newbey123 (Posts: 446; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
i know right! I signed up so I can win one and sale it.
4. Rajanvir (Posts: 30; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
It tells us that there are still idiot people who were amaized with sensor of SGS5 but they will never ever gonna use it but they still going for SGS5 just like they went for SGS4 and in the end it burn their hands and HOUSES
THANKS to SONY for saving me
8. rangaha (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
wahhhh stop buying the brand i don't like
67. rayman173 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Bahahaha you just made my morning, your comment is pure gold.
32. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
What exactly is the point of your incoherent rant, other than your blind hate of Samsung?
38. donfem (Posts: 553; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I a sre you are among the "idiotic" people who felt nothing good will come out of Samsung
53. Ashoaib (Posts: 2353; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Does sony has fire brigade squad? I didnt knew it that sony is a fire fighter company n save people's life... I saw a fire in near by building few days back.. no sony was there, so a bad service
63. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3040; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Sony for years released bad device after bad device with no future update support, tons of bugs, bad displays, and with no dedicated multi carrier availability.
HTC releases phones after phones, abandons them quickly after release. Provides them with small bult in batteries and no micro sd card expansions.
LG releases tons of buggy laggy devices with no future update support, abandons them quickly after release.
Samsung, releases SGS3/Note 2 on every major carrier(prepaid included with the SGS3) releases software update after software update each year and is currently at the latest version of android.(does the same with the SGS4/Note 3.
So in short, Samsung does not forget and throw away their past flag ship phones, keeps supporting them and improving upon them, releases them on nearly every carrier you can think of at a fair price and now is the most hated company in the market.
6. Kishin (Posts: 630; Member since: 30 May 2013)
They all expect the next big thing every six months..
Note 4 in six months..
7. stealthd (Posts: 973; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Is this really news? Pre-registration isn't a pre-order. 300,000 signed up to be notified about the phone, but that doesn't mean they're actually going to buy it. I'm sure it'll sell more units across the US/world when it launches but pre-registration numbers seems pretty meaningless.
12. koko1 (Posts: 98; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
i wonder if it was an apple product what would u say
they're interested in the phone, so please shut up
48. sniper1087 (Posts: 405; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
i preregistered myself but not really interested, so is a possibility that people won't buy it, i know i won't be buying it.
45. SellPhones82 (Posts: 547; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
People seemed to think 250K for T-Mobile iPhone 5 pre-registration was great news. I guess that wasn't new either, or you didn't feel the need to ask if that one was really news?
10. koko1 (Posts: 98; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
dear istupid, if u're a sheeep, please dont try say that **** product isnt good just because its not from apple
remember, apple didnt make anything really interesting in her iphone line since iphone 4 but the id touch.
the galaxy s5 is just woow, wait till u see it then decide if its ugly or not, and put in ur mind that the galaxy gear looks ugly in the pictures, but nice in the reality !
39. donfem (Posts: 553; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Thanks for the post. Some of these posters come up with nonsense just for their hatred and fear of Samsung.
49. sniper1087 (Posts: 405; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
what? nobody can't understand why you are typing, besides thinking that the S5 brings anything really innovative, ugly design band aid, heart rate sensor, really on a phone? nothing else is ground breaking, the note 3 has everything else basically the same, except for camera which unless tested doesn't mean anything. The gear fit looks ok, but gear 2 no thanks, i prefer a pebble steel over the gear, is just more classy.
54. Ashoaib (Posts: 2353; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Which phone or company is bringing innovation? Can u plz tell? I just remember yota phone, except all are just incremental improvements.. so whats ur point about innovation?
58. sniper1087 (Posts: 405; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
yes you might be right but the S3 to S4 to S5 similar design with incremental upgrade, I am sorry but I still think the note 3 is right about the same as the S5. even the HTC One added a second camera which is an interesting concept depending on how they use it, as well as the Z2 being waterproof and having a shutter key, of course their design didnt change much, so I do think they could have done better, but the S5 is just water resistant and put little effort into addindg something that would be necessary, just like on the S4 a lot of unnecessary features.
59. Ashoaib (Posts: 2353; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Two camera concept is nothing new, nothing so called innovative, nothing ground breaking. yes, it will be nice though... Z2 being water proof, so does many phones of sony from long time, again nothing innovative, same feature which was adopted in many sony phones before... well heart rate monitor is something which is something new, so atleast we can say about S5 that samsung has atleast shown some innovation compared to others...
62. joey_sfb (Posts: 3071; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
your post don't make sense other than to say you don't like Samsung regardless of the heart sensor, the finger id, the water resistant.
The only thing that don't change is your negative opinion of Samsung which is normal for a guy green with Envy. Envy what? Samsung is at the top. So everything! LOL!
68. sniper1087 (Posts: 405; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
i don't have any envy, in fact I have used all samsung high end devices, S3, S4 and note 3 as well as other oems, from apple, windows phone and even other androids like Z1, HTC One, so I am mentioning this from my experience. I just think samsung could have done better, but they aren't putting too much effort in their design, the S5 doesn't look much different, the fingerprint according to tech reviewers could not get it to work. the heart rate sensor is better on a wearable device than on a phone to be honest, but to each its own I just think they could have done better that is all.
13. banglazbless (Posts: 52; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
Why you guys whining and bitching like a bunch of spoil little child? Why does it matters to any of you? The folks that register for this phone is no more morans than you all are.
17. rangaha (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
They're morons because they like the phone? Okay.
51. Ashoaib (Posts: 2353; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Same like like you? Or is there any difference?
66. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 425; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I honestly don't know if you're mindlessly name calling or if you actually read my posts and have an issue with them, because I don't remember you.
16. Anshulonweb (Posts: 343; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
300000 diehard Samsung fans who will buy anything from Samsung and still counting
20. koko1 (Posts: 98; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
no, there is no one who buys anything from samsung, its apple dude, its a mistake :)
55. Ashoaib (Posts: 2353; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
No one buys anything from samsung? well, its a self satisfying illusion of yours... "no one buys candies, no one buys cigarettes" bcoz its a self satisfying illusion for me
18. jskates420 (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Jun 2013)
Watch there be the same hype for next year when the A
S6 comes out,its going to be the same hype for every phone from every company every year
46. SellPhones82 (Posts: 547; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Yet, how many Samsung/Galaxy articles will you comment in on a product you'll never own? People love feedback from other people that have never owned a item...give us all great insight...smh
56. Ashoaib (Posts: 2353; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Then dont get, did anyone beg you to buy? did ur momy forced u?
61. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3040; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I know right? Samsung will def lose sleep over him not buying it.
22. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
I preregister for phones all the time just for info but don't end up getting them. Let's see how this corresponds to sales.
47. SellPhones82 (Posts: 547; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
They really have and the Apple hate seems to go right along with it, though it seems even worse than what Apple gets now a days. Anything Samsung has the most comments. It's a sign they must be doing something right to get so many panties in a bunch.
24. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 841; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Look at all these haters :)
Quit hating and start supporting your favorite OEMs, most of them are barely making profits, lol.
29. GeekMovement (Posts: 1514; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Impressive numbers for an unimpressive announcement. Still a solid phone nonetheless.
30. Ikechukwu (Posts: 147; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Tired of all this smartphones, every year they come up with this or that, I end up doing most things on my laptop. Get a good smartphone and stick with it