Per-app battery use statistics coming with iOS 8
12. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Apple's core innovation: how to steal from others and get away with it.
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
When everyone else does it they get litigated.
14. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Don't you get what is happening between Android and iOS right now? Both OS close the respective gaps they had on each other. iOS lacked Android features and Android lacked iOS software quality. For example: With KitKat Google wanted to enable Android to run smoothly on low end hardware. iOS does already run smoothly on low end hardware. At the same time, Apple closes the feature gap on Android. The companies just went two different approaches which will finally end in two pretty similar OS.
24. Sauce (unregistered)
They all have squirrel sized brains…can't expect much from people on this site.
54. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2640; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Actually... the squirrel is quite smart for an animal ;)
60. Sauce (unregistered)
Then I guess they choose to get run over by cars every day lol….
66. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2640; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
lol I did mention for an animal ;)
49. Diezparda (Posts: 824; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
yea agree, i'm using both OS and love them all. Arguing about which one is better than the other sound stupid to me. Anyway i'm not expect something like this from iOS 8, it's nice update over the iOS 7.
52. enthasuium (Posts: 128; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
But when did google steal too many features from iOS
55. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 798; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
If Apple's hardware is low end, why does the phone cost $650?
62. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
iPhone 4 or 4s ist low hardware from today's perspective.
65. Jkennedy (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Because apple charges far too much for their products, and consumers let them.
2. Haridenberg (Posts: 27; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
And Apple fans were like: this is innovation.
25. Sauce (unregistered)
I don't think anyone claims it to be except you and the rest of the haters.
You're all stuck in your fantasy world pretending and playing along with your own accusations that eventually get imbedded into your black and white brains.
Innovation? Lol no.
Amazing update that caters to APPLE users and NOT ANDROID, YES.
Go fly a kite lol. Doesn't take much brain power there.
56. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 798; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Apple fans do get defensive whenever Apple copies something (which is like all-the-time)...
They use words like "LOL", "Go Fly Kite", etc and abuse others like you did in your comment..
61. Sauce (unregistered)
51. marcski07 (Posts: 598; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
and that joke of yours be like : "it's so original, you only heard it for the first time". /s
3. wilsong17 (unregistered)
lol how many app are in the play store that can do this
39. Edward_bly (Posts: 278; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
No need when the phone already has one. -.-
5. alaw.14 (Posts: 227; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
How many features are apple going to copy?!
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Everything thing from Android and get away.
26. Sauce (unregistered)
Yet it still is better, smoother, and cleaner looking in the end. Tsk tsk.
By the way, next time you see a car driving behind you, yell at the driver for their company "copying" your car because theirs has a new spoiler, exhaust, tinted windows, and an aux jack.
31. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
That's exactly what apple have been doing though with there litigation
6. sip1995 (Posts: 1545; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Windows Phone and Android already have this feature.
7. RoundhouseMcGee (Posts: 188; Member since: 25 May 2014)
LMFAO so they just like made a list of things that have been STANDARD in Android phones for years, basically. Makes sense, they have no fresh ideas and cannot innovate, so the plan seems to be integrate Android staples slowly every year.
And their fans eat it up, LMAO.
11. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
I can see that you cannot stand Apple's success. But Apple is successful and Apple deserves it.
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Apple successful of iBrainwashing everyone, telling their users we are first. Sad users will believe this. And I feel sorry for them.
23. RoundhouseMcGee (Posts: 188; Member since: 25 May 2014)
OK? Does that change the validity of my statement? It doesn't? Then once again, an ifan has nothing of value or substance to say other than "durr you jealous". OK.
27. Sauce (unregistered)
Finally, someone who isn't an inbred braindead moron on this site. +2
32. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Of course Apple has fresh ideas. Check out Apple's 64 bit implementation. Google is still working on that and qualcomm still needs to bring their 64bit chips to the market.
Look at how seamlessly Apple integrates iOS into Mac OS X. Tell me how Android offers its users such comfort in combining the mobile with the desktop world.
34. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
You need to see the whole picture and not just a one aspect of it (features of Android). Since Google does not have something comparable to Mac OS X, Apple might even gain the upper hand again in the war of mobile OS, given that Apple continues to close the feature gap.
57. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 798; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Totally agree... Apple fans do get defensive whenever Apple copies something (which is like all-the-time)...
8. Troysyx (Posts: 175; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Ok, i'm not trying to troll, but seriously......was this years WWDC just "how much can we copy from Android" themed????
29. mrblah (Posts: 576; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Ok, i'm not trying to troll, but seriously......The original android os is a direct rip off of ios stolen from apple meetings.
45. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Links to some solid proof, please.
Android is more like Symbian than it's ever been like iOS. iOS and Android aren't close in any way, until this morning.
67. dfoster (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
You really aren't serious are you...? There is plenty of enough evidence regarding the influences of iOS on Android...
Samsung has lost several court cases exceeding $1B.
And Samsung was really a proxy for Google.
9. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I wonder if Apple will show how much battery is used by location tracking, system services, their custom version of CarrierIQ, iAds, etc.
Showing just the apps is not just old hat, but also not very useful in diagnosing many battery life issues.
28. Sauce (unregistered)
I'm assuming you come from the neck of the woods where people have no common sense?
35. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
No, I'm not from your part of the woods.
I'm from down the road a bit, where people know how to read and think.
42. Sauce (unregistered)
10. Tom_Gjeka (Posts: 10; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
BIG NEWS!!! : Apple is runing android on top of iOS skin :P
18. Ninetysix (Posts: 2317; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
That should help KitKat's market share to double digits if true :)
19. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Apple users are not welcomed
Exclusive to Android only
58. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 798; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
May be Apple can increase their share from 13% to 13.5% now after this major update...
63. Sauce (unregistered)
Maybe we can start seeing KitKat, their latest update, on more than a few phones that run this so called amazing king android. LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOOLL
20. anino1996 (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
Android battery stats, BB os instant reply upon notification and android swipe to type??? What else apple??
21. anino1996 (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
Android does something subtle and you go crying to the judge.. WOW!!! Go apple!!!
22. anino1996 (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
So how much is the apple iDroid 6 going to cost???
59. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 798; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
The features which are already available on even a $100 Android (aka Moto E etc) for free, will cost you $800 on Apple iDroid