Our OnePlus One battery life test is complete: score rattles the Sony Xperia Z2's throne
We measure battery life by running a custom web-script, designed to replicate the power consumption of typical real-life usage.
10 October Surprise, surprise! The Note 4 defies expectations by acing our battery life test, becomes the longest-lasting QHD phone
2 October Our Meizu MX4 battery life test is complete: ties with the Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8
23 September Sony Xperia Z3 Compact battery life test results: the new champ welcomes us to the era of 'two-day' battery life
22 September All bow to the new endurance king: Sony Xperia Z3 scores a record battery life for its category
22 September Our iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus battery life tests are done, both trail the competition
1. Duketytz (Posts: 494; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Close but haven't beat it yet. Long live king Xperia
11. Reality_Check (Posts: 272; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
True, but the OPO has a 5.5 inch screen size vs 5.2 on SXZ2 and has a slightly smaller battery (3100 mAh vs 3200 mAh respectively)
Though, both give great battery lives :)
35. techperson211 (Posts: 667; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Why bother testing OPO? No one is using it. More interested in Z3 compact note 4 and iPhone 6.
42. pcgooroo (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Wrong. Sent from my 64gb sandstone black OPO :)
41. Prey521 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Hmmm, OPO has bigger screen, smaller battery and it only lost by 5 minutes.....looks like the Xperia was indeed dethroned!
2. hafini_27 (Posts: 251; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
A good phone you probably never be able to buy.
4. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1298; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Actually I got an invitation to purchase a phone as an early member of the forum. I'm pretty excited to see it.
24. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1298; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Just got another e-mail invite somehow... anybody wants it ??
25. violentsushi (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Jul 2014)
Can i plz have it, been looking for an invitation for awhile now. :)
27. carabis (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
firstname.lastname@example.org if you are serious. Would definitely hook you up.
31. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1298; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I sent the invite link to your e-mail since you are the one who has the guts to put your e-mail on here.
32. violentsushi (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Jul 2014)
I'm so dumb, I didn't think about posting an email so you can contact me. :( If someone else has an invitation, can you email me at email@example.com
39. bakarock (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
SCr3W YOU IF YOU TROLL ME OR SOME F**K*N PORN ad..
3. vuyonc (Posts: 271; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
The OnePlus One just regained some of its dwindling desirability. Dang now the next Nexus really has to step its game up
5. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
The next nexus is based on bacon (OPO - OnePlus One)
6. pwnarena (Posts: 924; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
let's just hope this does not have the same issue samsung and LG G3 had. gsmarena's battery score for this device is significantly lower than z2's. even lower than the s5's and htc one's.
30. housry23 (Posts: 79; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I get over 6 easily and with usually about 15-20% left. It's a real sipper for it's size and power.
7. GreekGeek (Posts: 841; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Is this an info for those 100 + people who own this phone.?
9. GreekGeek (Posts: 841; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
OnePlus gets amazing coverage here yet it only caters to the chosen few.
I wish it was Xiaomi (sigh) who btw, makes REAL bang 4 buck phones.
38. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1298; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Xiaomi is really gaining popularity and I really would like to see them to rise to the top. Simply because a lot of top phone companies need to step back and rethink a lot of business decision themselves.
12. Amir1 (Posts: 267; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
there is only one true king of flagships in 2014: z2. until z3 takes its crown.
15. na7noo7 (Posts: 263; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
Z3 will still have Snapdragon 801 and 1080p screen, so it's a useless upgrade.
16. Busyboy (Posts: 334; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Don't remember it was released yet do you?
20. j.khan95 (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Even z2 was not a significant upgrade from z1
22. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Extra 1gb of Ram makes a big difference.
33. JC557 (Posts: 1128; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Better display, better battery life, better speakers and call quality. The Z1 Compact was also an improvement over the Z1.
13. imkyle (Posts: 1006; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Good battery life, but no one can get their hands on one.
14. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I didn't realize that the z2 got such good battery life until owning it. It's a beast this far
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
And Dragontrail Glass
The feel and touch aswell as the heavy weight feels great to hold and touch
Prestige looking handset, with great materials.
My Note3 feels so light and tacky and cheap. Cheap junk dustbin plastic. Though I love the N3 specs, with. 4xA15 E5422 Exynos Cpu.
18. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3250; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I wish the media would stop covering OnePlus.
19. mike2959 (Posts: 244; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
4 different websites, 4 different battery results.
21. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
My z2 is now lasting longer but i still wish for some software refinements. The ar/4k mode on the camera makes the unit hot. Even less demanding games makes it hot, i know i can dunk it in water but an update would be nicer. Oh and while im at it a better charging dock with more options would be nice too
23. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Big deal if it gets hot. You don't complain when the weather reaches 40+ celcuis? Do you have baby fingers?
Looks like you must love touching the part where the Cpu, Gpu is on the top left and middle side.
Just buy a case, if it's hot.
Do you complain when your Pc or laptop gets hot?
It's an electronic device, what did you expect it to get freezing cold?
40. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
I own other phones, older xperia and iphones, none got as hot as my z2. I am not complaining, im wishing sony addresses this issue which could be remedied through software update. Talk to me when you own an xperia z2 and experience first hand what i talked about. Your reply makes no sense to me blah blah blah na na na
People complain all the time, no matter how big or little the change in temperature is, in z2 case its beyond normal. Pathetic me arguing with a troll. Anyways im still happy and content with my shiny new sony xperia z2. Super nice phone!
28. p51d007 (Posts: 70; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
People can poo-poo all they want, but I just replaced my note1 with a Huawei Ascend Mate2, and I routinely get 3-4 DAYS worth of use. Oh, it's only got a snapxxx processor, only has 720p screen, only has JB4.3 etc etc. It's light speed faster, no lag, runs everything I throw at it, lots of phone, 4-5 photos, web, text, runs like a champ. Might not be a "flagship killer" but for my mid 50 year old eyes it's bright & clear. Nothing against the top tier phones, but I'm not paying 600 bucks or more, just to have the fastest processor. If it is fast enough for me, that's good enough for me. Heck, I never bothered to update my note past 4.1.2, since it was STABLE as can be. My biggest headache with it is even with a new battery, I couldn't get through 3/4 of a day without having to recharge it.
34. ikenvape (Posts: 65; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Android central says the G3 beats out the M8 in battery life with actually showing the usage.
36. parram41 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
ONE PLUS is an excellent buy considering the price,features & the 4g compatibility. No smartphone with 4g comes anywhere near to the price of this amazing smart phone. I congratulate the maker of this smartphone for making it available to users who cannot afford the very expensive smartphones yet giving all what a smartphone should really have.
37. parram41 (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
I surely will buy one no sooner i get the invite. Also i have been informing friends & relatives about the ONE PLUS since it was launched in April.
43. amducias (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
How come you did not review Xiaomi Mi3 for example? With 3050 mAh battery and power efficient MIUI?? How can you call this accurate?
The company just break records and you ignore it :D