Note 4, LG G3, and Vega Iron 2 will all be waterproof, says Korean media, G3 arriving in May
29. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3966; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes the Galaxy Note 4 & don't forget the LG G Pro 3... BOTH will be waterproof...
33. KingDingaLing (Posts: 176; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I have a fealing it's going to be a good year for cell phones.
49. ydl08 (Posts: 20; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
LG G Pro2 just got released so probably next year Feb for LG G Pro 3
39. Ashoaib (Posts: 1807; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Lg being water proof, quite probably bcoz they always try to do what samsung has done, S5 is water resistant so for sure its normal for lg to go under water too
45. johnehms09 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Oh man, LG dont want to be in ugly samsung path, they trying to compete with Sony in a waterproof zone and a in ugly water resistant joke.. what can water resistant do that a nirmal phone cant? Just protecting splash? LOL most of phone build today can survive water splash..
48. Ashoaib (Posts: 1807; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Use lg and then repeat your comment... all the features in lg were first available in touchwiz except few...
3. BigBoss10 (Posts: 230; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Note 4 gonna crush iPhone 6 like a Piece of crap ) :PPPPP
35. Astoni (Posts: 484; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
still skeptical about the 930 :p, but hopefully its going to have a small redesign. (just my opinion.)
8. Dude2014 (Posts: 135; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
What SoC Note 4 gonna use? Snapdragon 805 or New Snapdragon 64bit octa? Can't wait for this beast!
30. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3966; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I hear Snapdragon 810 64bit with 4GB of RAM.
31. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
If it seriously has an 810 with 4gb i'd finally buy my first Samsung device since my old S2
32. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3966; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
That what the rumors are saying. The Note series usually comes out in late October early November so by then the Snapdragon 810 will be humming...
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
50. Astoni (Posts: 484; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Note series feels like samsungs main Phone line atm :p, They come up with something new or great new features and then they release the next gen Galaxy S-line with minor updates.. i don't really mind since its the Notes that the king of the mobile world ;).
9. KingDingaLing (Posts: 176; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Should be a good battle if they indeed make the phab.
26. Carlitos (Posts: 320; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Just like every year ;)
The iPhone only match the S series that camps out 7 months before. As well as the HTC One.
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2562; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
These 3 will battle very hard in Korea. :) Koreans are lucky.
And Note 4 for rest of the world with G3.
47. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Yeah, because of Samsung & LG, Pantech's flagship phones become dirt-cheap after couple weeks of release. Pantech's flagship phones are at equal or above the hardware spec. of Samsung/LG but always end up being free within 6 months after the release (with a 6 month contract).
6. Lt.Green (Posts: 368; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
They should also come with front facing speakers.
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3194; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Waterproofing becoming a trend. A trend that Xperia Z started.
10. Jason2k13 (Posts: 641; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
i can name many phones that were waterproof before the xperia z.
12. Dude2014 (Posts: 135; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Sony and Nokia fangirls in PA are ridiculous. LMAO
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3194; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I'm in no way a xperia fan i own a galaxy s2. You can call me a sony fan i have lot of their products. And learn to comment a bit politely, it was just my opinion.
13. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3194; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
There were many tablets before ipad. There were many smartphones before iphone. The same way. Xperia z made waterproof feature popular. And although there were many waterproof phones before they were nowhere as sleek as the Z.
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3194; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
You tend to have a lot of logic, einstein or say a big mouth.
23. Genza (Posts: 142; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
If i'm not mistaken Sony Xperia Acro S is the first waterproof high end phones in the international market.
36. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3194; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yeah i agree, but the specs themselves were not on par with other flagships and some upper mid rangers(htc one s)
34. SonyPS4 (Posts: 249; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Yes but Xperia Z start the trend for flagship model. Just like Samsung start huge smartphone trend, HTC for stereo audio.
11. Dude2014 (Posts: 135; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
^dude .. HTC butterfly came first with water proof body before Xperia Z!
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3194; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Ehh the butterfly was not waterproof it was just splashproof.
27. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6363; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Next thing we know apple will patent WATERPROF specs
40. Ashoaib (Posts: 1807; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
You have a point.. I hope uspto will not act silly on it
18. Achilis (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
As a current user of Note 3 i have high hopes on Note 4. I am eagerly waiting for G3 and Note 4 to release to decide my next phone. But i am a bit skeptical about this water proofing thingy. As i can c they have seriously messed up S5 with Big bezels and larger phone comparing to S4, most probably due to this water proofing. I don't want that to happen with Note 4 and G3 as both Note 3 and G2 were famous for how efficiently both accommodated those big displays without adding much bulk. I don't want ugly big bezels and waterproof it. I feel what i gain is not worth.
38. Tizen007 (Posts: 516; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
A Sammy executive confirmed a YOUM 3 sided display. There will be 0 bezels
19. Amir1 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Z3 is all needed to say. the true water and dust proof series. i hope sony brings new certifications and breakthroughs to Z3 like exposed waterproof usb port from their smartwear.
24. x88yunkw (Posts: 60; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Samsung... pls release 1 note with 4:3 screen. take my money
37. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 201; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
4:3? Who do you think they are LG with the idiotic Vu series? What resolution would you recommend? It would have to be on par with 1080, something like 1920x1440? If you want 4:3 got get a Vu.
43. twens (Posts: 604; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
An improved note 3 with the same design will be epic. That thing will just be super dope. Can't wait.
44. npaladin2000 (Posts: 132; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
With any luck the international G3 will be compatible with AT&T frequencies here, so I don't have to deal with all the AT&T-ware on my Net10 phone. :)
46. Karriope (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
This just washes away Sony's mojo, doesn't it?
They dont have anything major to stand out any more besides design (and for Z2, stereo speakers) and the minimalist skin, now that competitors are pulling up the IPxx ratings.
On the other hand Sony devices are sealed by means of rubber liquid insulation or at least partial watertightness, never heard of them using liquid repellent film on the insides.