Nokia Lumia 928 sells out at Radio Shack
Radio Shack has been offering the Nokia Lumia 928, which is a Verizon exclusive in the U.S., for $49.99 with a signed two year pact. Currently, the black and white versions of the phone are the third and fourth most popular models respectively, on the electronic retailer's smartphone lineup. Both models trail the Samsung Galaxy S4 in black, which is on top. The same model in white is second. A banner that runs on top of both listings of the Nokia Lumia 928 says "Ships When Available".
At Verizon, the Nokia Lumia 928 is priced at $99.99 with a signed two-year contract. While the price is $50 higher than Radio Shack, the largest carrier in the nation does have the phone in stock.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: RadioShack via NokiaPoweruser
1. donjunior (Posts: 50; Member since: 28 May 2013)
What is Lumia 928? OMG!
Samsung Galaxy FTW!
15. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 910; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Samsung products will eventually be banned from using all versions of Microsoft OS, including WP, Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7/8, Win Server, etc.
Nokia, Asus, Lenovo, HP, Dell, Acer, and others will take their place...
2. Timmehor (Posts: 598; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nice! Good to hear! But I do wonder "how much is actually in stock" to make these quick selling outs.
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Everyone asks the same question every time a phone that is not Samsung or Apple sells out.
6. raunak (Posts: 458; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Well, maybe it has something to do with the fact that SS and Apple are most famous right now and that they collectively make 99% of the total profits in the industry.
This phone sold probably 300-400 units, which is simply not good. I wonder what good will it do Nokia to deliver such small quantities and tag the phone as "Sold Out" rather than providing enough units to increase sales, even if the phone will not be Sold Out anymore.
8. the_best (Posts: 119; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
its No 3 and 4 in radioshack after GS4, wich means its outsells iphone, htc, sony, BB.. and so on.
And they sell more than a couple of hundreds phones!
12. roscuthiii (Posts: 1602; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Because it provides context/perspective as we know that Apple and Samsung ship and sell handsets by the tens of millions. There are stories that put it right in front of our faces on a near-daily basis.
Be nice to have some more stories on other OEM's wouldn't you think???
5. dexter_jdr (Posts: 832; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
whether it is 10 or 50 units, sells out means it is selling well
7. raunak (Posts: 458; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Selling 10 or 50 units is just as good as selling nothing in a market this big. You might as well show the product as Sold Out the second you start selling it and it won't make a difference.
10. papss (Posts: 2179; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Read before you comment.. If it is third and fourth that means its selling better than all the others but SS through them
11. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2442; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Why don't they tell us the number of units that were on hand?
18. the_best (Posts: 119; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
why dont you tell us how many usernames you have on phonearena?
13. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Whether they sold a thousand or a million, if Radio Shack ordered based on what it expected to sell, then sold out means the phone is outpacing expectations. I'm happy to see Nokia with a strong product in the US again.
14. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Too bad the gs4 and ONE s*** on this phone .
16. Damo579 (Posts: 98; Member since: 18 May 2013)
In specs yes but in day to day usage especially for an average user they are pretty even. In some ways the lumia is better than the androids.