New features included with BBM for iOS and BBM for Android update
These include the ability to share your BBM PIN and a PIN barcode to your social networks, a "Tell your friends" feature that lets you find any of your friends that are also using BBM, and a bug fix that solves a problem that removed names from your contacts list. Languages that run from right to left now have additional support, and you can invite BBM contacts to join in a group by sending an email. Finally, both iOS and Android versions received performance improvements and other bug fixes.
Remember when BlackBerry had to quickly update BBM for iOS after the messaging app had continuously crashed while running on iOS 7.0.3? As it turns out, the iOS 7.0.3 update took away support for the "HelveticaNeue-Italic" font that is used by the BBM app. Something similar happened again today when Apple rolled out iOS 7.0.4, and the updated iOS build caused the BBM app to crash once again. The gang in Waterloo is supposedly working on a fix.
source: BBM (iOS|Android) via SlashGear
1. hassoups (Posts: 413; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
why don't apple just remove support for bbm and just get it over with?
11. MyJobSux (Posts: 83; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Its in the app store so they have approved it and support the use of it on the Apple clients it was designed for.
3. lolatfailphones (Posts: 153; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
What the hell'a wrong with people's phone? It's running oh so smith on my i5
4. FakeMatt (Posts: 23; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
What's stopping me from using it is that it remains in my notification bar indefinitely on Android. Get rid of that, and I might try using it again.
7. romeo1 (Posts: 429; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
You can turn that off in setting in the bbm app
9. rabidhunter (Posts: 90; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
But it threatens you with not functioning correctly.
10. romeo1 (Posts: 429; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
It works fine on my Z and Z1 also on my brother's s4
5. spectrums (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
dumb messanger chat whit dumb ios, thats is couple :) and also please remove bbm from playstore, i no like bbm :(
6. DerryAhmad (Posts: 248; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Nice update! Coming from a Blackberry device, the Contacts Categories is something I missed when BBM crossed to Android. Glad to see my BBM Contacts is automatically arranged by its categories just like I had before.
8. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Blackberry can't even update BBM on Bold devices.