Motorola RAZR i unveiled: first phone with 2GHz processor, Intel inside
The AMOLED screen is sized at the healthy 4.3 inches with qHD (540x960-pixel) resolution, but it’s edge-to-edge, so size-wise it’s more similar to more compact devices like the iPhone, while still having a larger screen. Response time is ultra-fast as well.
The RAZR i comes with the rock solid Kevlar back of previous Motorolas and an aluminum encircling. Additionally, the device is strengthened with Splash Guard, a technology that protects the inside of the phone from water damage (it's not waterproof, though).
The device features an extremely snappy 8-megapixel camera with quick start-up. The shooter can take 10 pictures a second and takes only a second to start up. There are three versions of the phone depending on the internal storage - an 8GB, 16GB and 32GB one, and memory is expandable via microSD cards on each one of them.
The Motorola RAZR i also comes with the promise of a full-day battery life with a 2,000mAh juicer. NFC is also on board.
In terms of software, you get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with the promise that it'd soon get bumped up to 4.1 Jelly Bean. On top of that, you have the light Motorola skin that we've come to like recently. You have the circle widget, and some other nice tweaks to the stock Android user interface.
The Motorola RAZR i release date is set for October for various markets like the UK, Germany, France, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico, but so far we've heard nothing of a U.S. launch. Since the RAZR i looks very similar to the earlier unveiled Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR M (save for the processor), our guess is that this device will be initially available only outside the States.
Motorola RAZR i Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Motorola RAZR i
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 346; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
superb phone ever made.this is what i was waiting for.perfomance phone and not specs phone.
12. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
there's air-craft grade aluminum and it's making my knees week.
24. sid07desai (Posts: 237; Member since: 03 May 2012)
quick question, which is better? a quad-core/dual core 1.5 GHz or a 2GHz single core? Is having more cores better for multitasking?
33. rallyguy (Posts: 439; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
How I understand it, typically yes. Each core can perform a task. How I understand it is like this. Assuming you are doing an action that one core can't handle. Texting does not require as much resources as playing a game.
27. Captain_Doug (Posts: 736; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
That pentile screen is killing me. It's stopping me from putting it on the "next" list.
29. sid07desai (Posts: 237; Member since: 03 May 2012)
it is laggy bro. check the hands on on youtube. clearly noticeable lag. but it may improve after JB update.
32. gragonHDfones (unregistered)
Although the specs is not bad at all...
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
this is definitely the international version of the razr m
15. Ray.S (Posts: 239; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
Not really. This one will be available in select markets only, including the U.K., France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico.
17. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
o.....well that could mean us too then right?
3. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 258; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Damn...let's see battery performance VS Arm, else it's a no brainer
9. kanagadeepan (Posts: 591; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Exactly my thoughts... Battery Life/Heating issues are to be seen keenly as the processor is OC...
19. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 258; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
S4 PRO Adreno 320 benchmarks are out, will be a match even for the iphone 5 :D
4. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
dual core? LTE? 2000mAh only? i think motorola can make it better! i was looking forward for 3000mAh!
i wish a head to head comparison with optimus G!! and lets see who perform faster---qualcomm snapdragon or intel atom chips...
31. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Moto just nailed this time....!!!
Very best of luck to Google & Moto mobility proud of you
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Is this supposed to be high-end cpu or mid-range?
8. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
HOLY CRAP YES!!
HOLY CRAP NO!!
Not available in the States? Seriously?!
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3659; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yay for Moto, if the single-core Intels are as powerful as current ARM dual-cores, then the dual-core Intels should be as powerful as quad-cores; the question is, when will we get dual-cores from Intel? And what about quad-cores?
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
if you check out the specs of the phone on here.....it reads dual core
20. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
ok they confirmed it.......its single core
21. yowanvista (Posts: 275; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Because the chip features Intel Hyperthreading, so add up a 'virtual core'
11. aokde (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I really hope that single core would beat the crap out of tge duals and quads! Just so people can see for their eyes that amount of cores isn't that important! Intel FTW!
28. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Already proven by dual kraits against quads.
This intel chip sure can blast 1st gen duals (tegra2) but not new ones (kraits).
30. aokde (Posts: 185; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
i know it was (sony's xperia V is a dual, beat samsung's exynos 4 and nvidia's tegra 3) but it would be more awesome if a single core could do it :D
14. bloodline (Posts: 686; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
another phone already better than the iphone
16. Veigald (Posts: 223; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Single core on a droid? Thought droids needed at least five cores?
23. pemiwo (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
I sense another apple lawsuit for the blatant use of the stand alone 'i' in the naming the phone. I think apple patented the letter 'i', didn't they? Lol.
25. McLTE (Posts: 620; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
phone looks great.. I don't think I could go back to the 960 resolution after having been at 1280 for a while, but if this is priced right.. a bit less than the super premium phones, I think it could do well.
I love the design! Edge to edge screen, looks very very good! :)
Hope the battery life is where we need it to be these days.. if it is, then Intel's next iteration on the smaller manufacturing process will definitely be good!
26. jael206 (Posts: 114; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
i love the team-up.. google + moto + intel.. FTW!
that's no iphone.. it's a RAZR i phone! gettit? \o/
34. Uncouthlyric547 (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
sure it has a badass processor but why does motorola make their phones look ugly