Microsoft Surface to be available for purchase October 26th at midnight
previously gave a pretty wide range of $300-$800 as the "sweet spot" for tablet pricing. Back in August, a rumor was floated that had Microsoft selling the Windows RT version of the Microsoft Surface tablet for $199. If true, it would certainly throw a new competitor into the low-priced tablet game that is led by the Google Nexus 7 and the Amazon Kindle Fire HD, both priced at $199. But with its 10.6 inch display, the Surface would provide a much larger screen than the 7 inch panels on the other low-priced units.
In case you've had a Rip Van Winkle moment covering the whole summer, Microsoft is issuing two versions of the tablet. The Microsoft Surface (RT) is powered by a ARM related NVIDIA Tegra 3+ and is designed to compete with the Apple iPad and Android powered tablets. The Microsoft Surface (8 Pro) model is designed to be a mobile version of a Windows 8 PC.
1. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
What kind of idiot do they think someone would buy one at midnight? It's not like standing in line like for the iPhone. but it is
7. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
If it's available online, then it very well can be ordered from anywhere in the world. In case you don't know, the world is round and spins so what may be midnight in the U.S. is middle of the day elsewhere!
22. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
nice said!!! its midnight there in US and its 2pm in my place!
but maybe what he is trying to say is that what if its not available online (but i doubt that)? will people wait for an unkown device at the middle of the night?
maybe they will, if microsoft will make some crazy deal on that time! maybe at midnight of its release, they will sell the ARM base at $99 and the intel at $199... who knows? (and its a joke ofcourse, that will be crazy stupid but then again. WHO KNOWS..but ballmer's not pricing it like that---like he said they are not cheap!)
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i can go to the Microsoft Store and touch one. ;)
8. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Well said mate :)
A very well designed, fully featured pack piece of technology. Well done MS really appreciate your efforts especially in that Keyboard cover.
People who are just barking around and don't know anything I believe surface or any other Windows 8 tablet from other manufacturers will just put them on mute. To be very honest I like Windows 8 (70%) on PCs and 101% on tablets for sure.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh yeah, if this thing really is the $200 rumored priced consider it bought by the King. ;D
23. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i still think win8 for mouse users is an ugly experience! not very lovely with that kind of UI!! but on tablet---hell yeah!!!
but i love the UI of PlayBook/TouchPad though!
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i doubt i'll get W8 on my trusty dv7t. i'm happy with W7 but if you gave me that HP Tablet/Laptop Hybrid that was just announced with W8 then i wouldn't complain too much. ;D
4. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
That's great and all but seriously, HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?! I want one but I need to know the price.
13. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1174; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I know it pissing me off so badly. Pricing is just as important of a feature as is the screen, processor, etc. Without knowing, I really can't get that excited.
6. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
and why would you buy something without a pricetag ? wtf is this ? give people a price for your stupid tablet. not like i care about surface. i just wanna see why its an IPad killer
12. tigermcm (Posts: 834; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I dont remember anyone saying its an ipad killer. Ipad competitor, well yes, that it is
10. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
21 days to go from my part of the world. SWEET!!!
11. androidsbiggestfan (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
I haven't been this excited for something from Microsoft in well............ever!! Can't wait!
14. RichieRich379 (Posts: 21; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
if they planning a midnight sale , then the price must be $299 or lower and if thats the case then i guess they can pencil me in for two !!!
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I just hope they price it uniformally across the globe. Waiting for the RT in India!
16. darthinvader (Posts: 63; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Bye iPad.. You wont be Missed..
Time for Sir-phase now :P
17. VJo003 (Posts: 351; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Android Phone & Windows 8 tablet
That sounds good for my stable
19. StreetNerd (Posts: 781; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Windows Phone 8 + Windows 8 tablet = sounds good for my stable
20. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
can someone who can travel in time give me a ride to 28 October please?
I can't wait.