Logic board for Apple iPhone 6 is spotted, reveals support for NFC and Wi-Fi 802.11ac
And while the board looks similar to the one that graces the inside of the Apple iPhone 5s, there are some subtle differences, including a longer piece that is situated where the top of the device would be. That would seem to be another confirmation that the iPhone 6 will employ a larger screen.
Screw holes in the logic board match up with previous leaks that we've seen of the iPhone 6 rear shell, confirming the authenticity of both parts. We expect to see the 4.7 inch Apple iPhone 6 unveiled in September with the 5.5 inch variant getting introduced the following month.
Leaked logic board for the Apple iPhone 6
2. Leaked logic board fits perfectly into leaked iPhone 6 rear shell
source: NWE via MacRumors
1. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 394; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
large screen is obvious but camera is not certain now. good thing we will have large screen iphone. do anyone know the thinness of phone.
20. AnukulVcool (Posts: 123; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
image sensor is going to be imx220 form sony. 13mp 1/2.3 inch
22. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 394; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
and its claimed that it would be thinner than 7mm
24. techperson211 (Posts: 618; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
And adding NFC they'll claim that it is innovation. Also their camera. What a bummer same old speech every year.
2. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's about time they added 802.11ac.
11. AnTuTu (limited) (Posts: 804; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Hahaha Apple is really catching up this time.
And on this year's WWDC Apple will spend around 60 -90 minutes explaining these 2 lolz
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 11271; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What do you mean "will" bozo? WWDC was back in early June fool. Bash right, or shut up, and your post wasn't funny "lolz"
21. Derekjeter (Posts: 226; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
You tell him Dark....lol.....what a dumb a$$. "This year" lol
45. pulkit1 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
lol stupid people i tell ya darkjedii are amusing haha.
25. AnTuTu (limited) (Posts: 804; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Replace WWDC with iPhone 6's launch. But whatever is the case they are going to do the same.
Now shut the hell up 'darkkjedi' and it is funny lolz
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4018; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I hope they use MIMO WiFi like on the recent iPads. MIMO 802.11ac would be blazing fast for those who have an ac router.
3. stealthd (Posts: 962; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
The only reason I could see them adding NFC is for a big push for payments. Otherwise they're doing a lot of the same functionality with iBeacons.
4. Credo (Posts: 693; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Next article, Apple replaces the iPhone 6 camera 1 mm to the left ....
5. Derekjeter (Posts: 226; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Yes ANDROID fans, NFC was pointless until now that Apple has brought it to the iPhone 6.
9. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Guess who uses their phones to make purchases in stores through NFC?
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 11271; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Damn Smurf, you got burned by DJ on that one dude. You're not slipping are you? +1 DJ
26. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 789; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Lol Poor Smurf...
Do any of you use NFC for automation? I mainly use it with Tasker around the house and in my car and ofcourse at work.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 11271; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've used it on my note, like twice just to see how it worked. It'll be bide to have in the iPhone. Once apple implements it, it'll blow up.
42. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 789; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I know they can make it popular, don't mind as Android benefits from it as well :)
I use it in my car, nfc sticker underneath the holder, which turns on gps & speedcams, also turns on BT to connect to my car.
At home on my computer desk, turns on my desk lights (Hue) and my computer.
Nightstand to turn down volume & turn on nightstand lights (Hue again)
33. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1382; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I use NFC for file transfer between devices. There isn't any business i frequent within 300 miles that use NFC for payments. That's what happens when you live in the boonies.
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4018; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Exactly. Why can't people understand that nothing matters until Apple "invents" it?
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 11271; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude, you need to come on the site more. Where you been?
32. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4018; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I've been around. Mainly been just reading rather than commenting.
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 11271; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I hear ya bro. Sometimes it's not worth the headache to post.
46. Tuxedo (Posts: 140; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
NFC hardware is indeed pointless without the right software.
6. Dude2014 (Posts: 139; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Inb4 PA claims Samsung copy Apple if Samsung's next phone includes NFC!
7. Carlitos (Posts: 323; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Well of course it now has NFC. Now what android has laid the entire foundation for NFC all by itself. Apple is gonna come magically make main stream. And then take all the credit.
However, believe it or not people who own Samsung Galaxy use it a lot more often thanks to S beam and Samsung marketing
8. Vexify (limited) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
"NFC stands for Nobody F****** Cares!"
Sums it up about right
23. tedkord (Posts: 4747; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That article is hilarious in the context of one year later Apple is adding it.
30. Vexify (limited) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Yet no one will use it, because no one gives a f. lol.
34. iCloud (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 May 2014)
I agree. I think Motorola had smart ideas about nfc. Like the nfc tags and clip.
36. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1382; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Use it quite a bit for file transfers. I'd probably use it for payments if there was anything anywhere near me that used NFC for payments. And that article you linked to? Sounds pretty professional wit a title like that. And the author was so adamant that Apple knew that NFC was worthless, hence why they never added it to the 5s. And now they're adding it, so what's the author's rationale for this? Just because you don't use it, and the article's author hasn't seen it, then of course no one uses it. I took a rather long video a little while back. All the people I was with wanted copies of it, but since it was around 50mb, that ruled out email. So I fired up NFC for the first time, and instructed those with androids to do the same. Just a tap for each one and it was done. The lone person with an iPhone had to wait until I could split the file and email it to him along with a program to join said files. Now if Apple simply had it on board, that would've been the end of it.
I just don't see why companies in this day and age can't make devices that communicate with each other, regardless of manufacturer. Companies like Apple want to keep their users tied to them, hoping said users will push for others to follow suit.
35. iCloud (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 May 2014)
I've tried sending pictures twice with NFC and to me it seemed really slow. I think it went fasted texting the pictures to the other person. I could be wrong though.
41. tedkord (Posts: 4747; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
NFC transfer is slow. That's why you only use it for pairing, then Wi-Fi (or bluetooth if you're desperate) for the actual transfer. That's how the transfer on Samsung phones has worked the last couple of generations.
10. tedkord (Posts: 4747; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Now watch, Samsung will copy this. Next year all their phones will suddenly have large screens, Wifi AC, and NFC.
31. AnTuTu (limited) (Posts: 804; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
R u being sarcastic?
If not then you are a fool cause S4, S5, Note 2 n 3 all had larger displays, AC and NFC built in.
39. arturmeireles (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Good move from apple to include NFC. I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 and I use the NFC a lot with wireless charging plate and the wireless charging car holder.
43. dimas (Posts: 43; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
Sorry, I know that this is off topic but I think iPhone's upcoming sapphire glass display is just a big bs like QHD for our present time:
Just giving my opinion, thanks.