LG to follow Apple and HTC with a gold G2 smartphone
ePrice spotted a gold LG G2 in Taiwan, where the handset might be available starting the coming months. Prices won’t be different from the black and white versions of the smartphone: $496 (14,900 TWD) for the 16GB model, and $562 (16,900 TWD) for the 32GB one. At the moment, it’s unclear if LG is planning to introduce the golden G2 in more markets.
Released around the world in the second half of 2013, the LG G2 may have reached 3 million units sold in December. It ran Android 4.2 Jelly Bean at launch, and it’s already getting Android 4.4 KitKat - albeit only in South Korea for now.
While the G2 remains LG’s flagship smartphone, the company is seemingly getting ready to introduce a Quad HD successor to it (possibly called LG G3) later this year. It may also launch a G Pro 2 (GD830?). Until the newer handsets are confirmed, who’s interested in getting this golden G2?
source: ePrice (translated) via Android Beat
23. cheetah2k (Posts: 768; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Who cares... No one will buy it unless it has Kit Kat 4.4... LG dropping the ball on software yet again with their flagship.. still on 4.2.2.
2. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 304; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Why is this even a thing? It looks terrible.
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Damn, it looks UGLY, sorry LG. They should've choose red instead of gold, because gold color + glossy plastic = cheap and ugly.
13. LGisgood (limited) (Posts: 428; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
there is a red version.....
both look good...
18. jcdz89 (Posts: 62; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
Ugly is ugly...it wont change with color. but the phone is a great one in all other aspects.
5. Teja171 (unregistered)
Metal ? plastic ?
6. mr.techdude (Posts: 536; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I love the g2 in black, but this man it looks like a huge bar of soap dats what she said lol. But man LG u can do better then copying
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
How is that copying? Just because of a color?
14. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
If apple never used the gold color option on the 5s, I doubt other oems would have released their own too.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7328; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because Gold was never an option for phones before the iPhone? Lame comment.
8. hafini_27 (Posts: 220; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
You know gold colour is still just color, gold colored phones have existed long before
12. bucky (Posts: 1289; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Really?? That's awesome! Which popular device used it?
11. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
The G2 is truly a gem of a phone when you own it and can customize (strip) it to your liking, but LG is doing a stupendous job of scaring away customers with excesses.
17. sinple (Posts: 98; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
not just gold, there is also a red version. Its currently available in Singapore. Rare
25. willard12 (Posts: 696; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Exactly. So, are you looking forward to a 5.5 inch iphone coming out?
22. Lmao2013 (Posts: 16; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
What are you guys talking about. I had a gold motorola razr from AT&T back in day, so please cut the bs nobody is following nobody.
24. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
My first thoughts: UGLY. Same comment as the first one. Man, I mean, the color on this device is not just bad, but the black buttons and camera just slabbed inside an oval on the back just does not express design skills.
26. clarkjeferson (Posts: 49; Member since: 22 Dec 2013)
The back buttons could've been made of diamond.