LG Nexus 4 to cost $399 directly from the Play Store on October 29th, 8GB memory and GSM-only
4. nbringer (Posts: 121; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Can't really say yet: can the battery be removed easily as in Nexus7? What is the battery life? What is the battery-allowed daily usage? Does it have FM-radio? etc...
37. Mittal (Posts: 427; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
yes!! plz tell something about the battery! and the exact processor...
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And also if you Root it, overclock the CPU, can it be clocked at 2.0 Ghz and also the Gpu.
57. Mittal (Posts: 427; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I used to like SRK in the 90's.. he was my fav
Then he started overacting... last flick i liked was Chakk De..
97. 4D331 (Posts: 12; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
true..he is overacting and a big show off, it used to be his innocents that made him respectable & like able..but he's just turned into a big show off...but after him, along came Akshay kumar, he made some heavy movies, really funny and enjoyable to watch with your m8s or gf..and now its Salman Khans turn, with all his romantic action movies, such as "Bodyguard", amazing movie man, watched it over and over again, and now Ekh tha tiger, doin it...
58. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the exact processor is the Krait pro Quad with Adreno 320 GPU and 2 gigs of RAM. Its a little monster of a phone.
This thing is nearly a dream other than the internal memory.
I can put up with the ugliness for 400. But the 8 gigs of memory is gonna be hard to live with. Give me 16 gigs @ 450 and I'll be happy.
Even though there is about a 10 cent difference for the part at manufacturer side. lol.
64. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why didn't they made it a dualcore 320 Gpu..... Like the iP5 with 3 Gpu, silly things they do.
74. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
why not a quad? A quad version of the same chip is generally more power savy as well as obviously stronger.
77. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And it would be twice powefull then Pvr543. Graphics would be more detailed.
98. 4D331 (Posts: 12; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
I agree, 8 GB of memory is a joke, you got htc phone x+ offering 64 GB,...they just don't get it, ok they got the super processor and brilliant screen, but the main factors that people actually want and are calling for to have, is a removable battery, big internal memory plus sd card slot, and a nice camera , just apply theses features first and than add the rest but they keep on going the other way, shame would have been an excellent machine but without optional external added memory, it just fell from the top...
109. peacekeeper05 (Posts: 23; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
but the one X+ is like $200-300 more expensive if ever the LG Nexus is really $400 at 8GB. That's quite a big saving knowing that the LG Nexus has better CPU, GPU and ram too. I am confident that a 16 GB or even a 32GB option will be made available just like the Nexus 7 tablet.
115. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Yea, im sorry but I'm not going to spend 200-300 more for a phone with MUCH LOWER specs just because it has more memory. Besides, HTC phones suck lately.
The ONLY phone that even competes for my dollars against the nexus is the Note2. Its the ONLY one with similar horsepower. It has a massive battery and SD slots. However, your comparing a $400 device to $600-800 devices. And the $400 device wins in nearly every category except storage and battery life (when compared to Note2/razrMaxx).
For that kind of money savings I can get an extended battery, one of those "OTG usb cables" that have been trolled so much on this thread about, a case, and still have enough money left over for some Xmas shopping.
I am a specs geek like no ones business, but I'm also heavy on "get the most for your money"
It's really hard to justify another phone with the LG Nexus being at only $400 (and probably $450 for a 16 gig version) knowing everything else in the high end category is AT LEAST $200 more.
30. nbringer (Posts: 121; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
p.s. Cloud storage is a joke with today internet...
59. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i use cloud storage all the time on Tmobile. Rarely do I have an issue. Those few things that I "NEED" at a moments notice like a few docs and such, I keep on the phone, everything else is synced. I rarely tap 2 gigs a month in usage even with regular Google Music syncing.
81. ShadyGambino (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
This. Cloud is now, Android is built for it.
101. sdcard_hater (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Why not use OTG usb cable? USB sticks are hard to lose with those tiny pinky-nails.
73. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
8gb is a joke today, my 16gb galaxy nexus is wayyy better than this 8gb nexus
54. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
maybe I'd think about it more if it can do UTG.
103. sdcard_hater (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Then use OTG usb cables, or a micro USB to USB converter. I don't see why everyone here has a boner for microSD cards. It's common to use a flashdrive, they are big enough to not get itself lost, it's much easier to stab into your computer(with hands) where as the mSD you must insert it surgically into an adapter(with your thumbs and fingers) and then into your desktop.
121. TylerGrunter (Posts: 895; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Sorry, but do you realize that we are talking about phones here, not computers? You can´t stab a flashdrive in a phone...
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
HELLLZ YEAAA!! this is amazing! wow im guessing cloud storage will be there though right?
8. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
with 8GB onboard they almost force us to use the cloud.... was expecting atleast 16 GB...
34. Retro-touch (Posts: 252; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Same here 8GB is poor, 16GB at $399 and I'm getting it for sure
51. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
8GB $399 , 16GB a Little more expensive. Nexus 7 is probably getting a 32GB version so eventually this will come with more memory.
21. AnChrome (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Its definitely a shame if there was only one 8 GB variant (especially for those of us who are not on 5GB/unlimited data plans).
I would definitely prefer a higher price for more option but that's just me.
I would love cloud storage and I'm all thumbs up for it,but being a 17 year old with no personal income I have very little say in what plan I choose.
27. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
bro what does the limit on your data plan have to do with the internal storage amount of your phone??
28. munkimatt (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Because the higher the internal storage is the less you require cloud storage, and those who aren't on plans with large data allowances could incur costs if they have to constantly access the cloud.
29. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
jus a question....dont fully know how this cloud thing works yet but im checkin out youtube right now lol
40. wendygarett (unregistered)
If you have a pc you don't need to cloud... Back up all the file to pc my friends...
42. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
what about drop box? wouldn't that help out with storage?
75. thunder18 (Posts: 112; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
Dropbox would be considered the cloud. Anytime you're talking about storing your stuff in a place that requires an internet connection to retrieve it, that's the cloud. The problem is for those who have small data caps/unlimited data who can essentially be left without access to their "cloud data" because they have exceeded their allotment, or more likely, incurring huge overages because the phone doesn't have enought storage to hold frequently used data/files.
44. wp8forever (unregistered)
When the lumia 920 came out with 32 gb instead of 8 lol u you android fans didn't sound so supportive about the cloud lol this just tell what kind of mentality you guys have, lol.
6. andro. (Posts: 1936; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
8gb memory,ah not a hope i'd buy it. This will be a relative flop,but it doesn't really matter anyhow as there are already so many top android handsets available of equal or better level as this selling by the truck load. Google needs to learn here that people want memory card slots.
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
you should realize.......they are selling this beast for only 400 dollars!! wow how can u complain much.........im guessing cloud storage will be there to help things out though
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
I have to agree with you, where can you find a premium screen display, with premium quad core processor with just $400... Together with the nexus 7 it would be an epic... The combination of these two wins all :)
22. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Bro, If you google it you can discover that production cost for adding 1 GB memory in a smart phone is around 2.56$, so adding another 8GB would cost around 20$. Google and LG could have done that with fixing the price around 425$ still being cheap, But with this move, Google is taking a step backwards. Cloud is not everyones solution as the data transaction would cost us more. Especially for the people like me who have limited bandwidth...
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
yea i mean i dont really know how cloud works but i was just hoping that they were lookin at it as a more convenient way of storing your memory and doing so to place this beast of a phone in the market at only 400 dollars.....So i guess i would have to see how cloud works first :(
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Was really looking forward to buying this. What a let down, ile keep my Nexus S....
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 956; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I dont get it, how do you even get to finish installing apps with only 8gb..
12. omacmagics (Posts: 42; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Well at 400 I think I'll buy. I'm not a music lover neither do I store movies on my phone etc. I'm in dire need of an upgrade from my Nexus S. Wanted the Note 2 but don't have 700 to push out right now. U got to love Android for choice.
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
If 16gb version cost only $499 then Apple will have a big big trouble...
38. Retro-touch (Posts: 252; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
F@#k that 16GB at $399, if they're looking to sell alot, I ain't rich and neither is a huge chunk of the world, lower prices equals more sales, not to mention my self interest in getting one
69. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
let me fix that for you
15. Luuthian (Posts: 206; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
8GB!? Jesus. I love my Nexus but no. I'm passing. Someone else can have my money in that case. Be it an S3 or an iPhone, I'm not buying a phone with 8GB of storage and no Micro SD slot.
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
We must realize that google is doing us a HUGE favor here! they made it like this on purpose in order to place it in the market AT A LOW PRICE! and if im not wrong we arent losing anything because of the cloud storage to back up the 8gb internal......The only thing we are gonna have to sacrifice is OLD HABBITS lol this is great news man....Any other phone with these MONSTER specs would cost you easily 700 to 800 dollars! for only 400 dollars this is a steal people :)
52. kanagadeepan (Posts: 643; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
OK... How about giving SD slot with that 8GB storage for EXTRA 50$???