Huawei reveals its roadmap for Android 6.0 Marshmallow: here's what devices are getting it
1. shy2papa (Posts: 294; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
Please Huawei is terrible with update my Huawei ascend mate 7 is still on lollipop no sign of 5.1 in sight now 6.0 is out only God knows when that would be available for mate 7
18. youling (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Sep 2015)
dude,I use Mate7 too,but it had been updated to Android 5.1 since july.
11. x88yunkw (Posts: 116; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
huawei has already released the official firmware (lollipop 5.1.1) for mate 7.
im using it. you may check website.
20. Ordinary (Posts: 2177; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
24. Acer_Predator (unregistered)
b4 when u had gingerbread u been whining u want KK , b4 when u had KK u been whining u want L now u have L and u whining now u want M ?
C'moon infant you need to grow up ...
2. mistercarter (Posts: 359; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
no Huawei P7?? like really?
this is why i would never buy a Huawei, i love their design but i dont buy phones just for design, they need to get it together
16. Guaire (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
It probably won't, considering P6 didn't get any update after 4.4.2.
5. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
Do you buy a phone for it's funcionalities, or for many OS updates? Do you update your PC as much? meh
8. Subie (Posts: 458; Member since: 01 Aug 2015)
My pc gets updates all the time, and Windows 10 is ready to go for just about anyone who wants it!
17. Zylam (Posts: 663; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Updates add functions and keep it secure. What is wrong with you windows gets updates every other day. Can't admit Androids still fragmented then that's fine but don't post BS that makes Android users look arrogant.
9. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
Windows 10 is for suckers, dude. Go get a clue.
10. ben_linux (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Nov 2014)
2 weeks ago a friend asked me if he should take the P8 lite. I said f**k no, because you won't have any update even if the phone is just 6 months old, and it's selling poorly.
Thanks Huawei for giving me reason. Now he's trully happy with its Xiaomi mi4c, and he will have 6.0 of course.
12. x88yunkw (Posts: 116; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
my father's ipad 2 still can receive ios 9 update.
i think this is the best thing of apple.
13. MINDoSOUL (Posts: 131; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
If your priority is updates: get a Nexus.
If not: get any brand you like [Guess what so far from my experience with many brands no matter what upgrade you get it always sucks compared to the original stock firmware it was shipped with(at least in terms of battery life), add to that the upgrades don't add much your Apps will still run no matter what so why fret!]
Your device livelihood expectancy now a days is no more than 2 years, so simply move on.
14. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
And who says the P8 Lite won't get any update? meh, stop the crap talk.
15. CreeDiddy (Posts: 607; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
The OS has been released 11 days ago and their are no devices yet that have it besides Nexus.
19. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
LG have released it already, dude. go get a clue..
22. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 2154; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
It's news like this that make me greatly appreciate my OnePlus One even more. Manufacturers are guaranteed to end support for their hardware. By keeping the OS independent of both the Manufacturer AND Carrier, you're open to continuous updates for the life of the device...
This is why my ancient 2008 HP Pavilion Laptop PC (which is now being used by firend in college) is still receiving Windows updates till today, and is running on Windows 10 faster than Vista it came with.
23. ebfields (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Apr 2013)
I'm happy to here this as I'm planning on getting myself a Mate7. I've had quite a lot of Samsung flagships including Galaxy S2 to S4 & Note 1 to my current Note 4 and I want to try another brand now. I still love my Note 4 but Huawei's new phone designs rock :-)
PS.... I'm still keeping my Note 4 :-)
25. p51d007 (Posts: 220; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Does your phone WORK properly? Is there a new feature of 6 that you "need" on your phone? If no, who cares if it gets the update.
Had Huawei not made an easy way to go back to 4.3, when they released 5.1 for the Mate2, I would still be on 4.3 It was very stable.
5.1 for me, needed a patch to really get it stable on my phone, which B322 did. Some people are having issues, but, I think some of that is because people screw around with kernels, roms, playing with the boot loader or doing something they don't know how to play with correctly. Heck, I'm on day 51 on the same boot, running 24/7 and it's just as fast as it was on day 1.
Hey, your device, you want to jack around with it, it's your business, but mine works, not going to cry over not having the latest OS.