x We have placed cookies on your device to make your experience better. Find more info here.
x PhoneArena.com наема във Варна! Ако технологиите са в кръвта ти и имаш перфектен писмен английски,
ние ти даваме възможността да станеш част от екипа ни. - виж повече
  • Home
  • News
  • Half the U.S. is now connected via a smartphone or tablet, mobile penetration booming

Half the U.S. is now connected via a smartphone or tablet, mobile penetration booming

Posted: , by Victor H.

Tags:

Half the U.S. is now connected via a smartphone or tablet, mobile penetration booming
Half of all adults in the United States can now access the Internet via a smartphone or a tablet. That percentage has grown significantly in a boom of mobile device adoption, according to the latest research by the Pew Center.

Most impressive is the growth in tablet users. 22% of adults now own a tablet, and that’s nearly double last year’s number. An additional 3% regularly spend some time on a tablet someone else at home has, bringing the total to 25%, or a quarter of U.S. adults.

For smartphones, the penetration is higher and now 44% of adults own one, up from 35% in May 2011.

The whole research was conducted in relation to how users read news, and interestingly it turns out that having a mobile device by your sides stimulates users to read longer stories. Also, not surprisingly, people don’t want to pay for subscription services and less than a quarter would trade their print subscription for a digital one. Check out a summary of the findings at the source below, and let us know - do you read more or less on your smartphone and tablet?

source: Pew Research Center

Half the U.S. is now connected via a smartphone or tablet, mobile penetration booming

4 Comments
  • Options
    Close




posted on 01 Oct 2012, 08:37 3

1. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1093; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)


And at the forefront is Android leading the charge :)

posted on 01 Oct 2012, 08:45 4

3. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)


You said it, Android has more of the "Penetration" that Victor H seems to be so fond of, hence, based on Victor's article Android has deeper "Penetration"! I hope deeper "Penetration" makes Victor happiest.

posted on 01 Oct 2012, 08:43 2

2. PowTheBowl (Posts: 82; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)


How about children? lol they probably borrow adults' smartphone/tablet.

posted on 01 Oct 2012, 09:01 1

4. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4313; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)


Well they must be polling the people who can actually buy a tablet/smartphone. I mean children can't do that themselves to the extent an adult can.

I don't see Verizon letting a kid sign a 2 year contract. Maybe prepaid but who knows. lol

+1

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories