Google grabbed the most global media attention of any company in 2013
Other names in the mobile industry include Microsoft, which was named 84,174 times. Sony finished the year with 46,468 mentions while Nokia had 29,935, RIM (now BlackBerry) tallied 29,638 and China Mobile managed 5,302.
Google's best month for publicity was May when it had 13,336 mentions in the global media, most likely due to Google I/O, which took place in that time period. Apple's press coverage peaked in September with 15,270 mentions in the global media, no doubt due to the widespread launch of the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c.
Google beats out Apple for most mentions by the global media in 2013
1. Google gets mentioned nearly 124,000 times in the global media during 2013
2. The number of Apple's global mentions dropped 27% this year
source DowJones via BGR
1. Duketytz (Posts: 377; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Wow Sony is mentioned more than any android makers. Interesting!
2. Alan01 (Posts: 177; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Keep in mind that Sony is a major multinational tech giant with a lot of nonmobile products
6. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 691; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
True. I have Sony smartphones (both bricked by yours truly), Bravia TV, earpiece (right side(?) broken) and speakers
10. Duketytz (Posts: 377; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Haha point taken! Considering their PS4, cameras and much more!
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2415; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
And its still continuing the same. Great Google.
4. rantao333 (Posts: 207; Member since: 21 May 2013)
so, why do most reader here still complaining about "apple arena?" should call it as google arena now..
8. lyndon420 (Posts: 1708; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Hard to beat the king of the internet...nowadays pretty much the king of tech now. Go go Google...you're just fricken awesome. (my Android eats Apples and Blackberries, and s*its jam)