Google confirms that Chrome Apps will eventually come to mobile
3. Plexicle (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
They showed Chrome Apps (Packaged Apps) running on mobile at I/O this year, by the way. I was there when he showed the app on the device and said they were targeting this summer.
4. Plexicle (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Went and found the talk it was in. See @ ~12:45 here: youtube/watch?v=f2tJRXDTMuY
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1886; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Merge both stores Chrome Web Store and Play Store... This would be good.
9. Zero0 (Posts: 557; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
It could work, I suppose. Android can easily run HTML5, Chrome can get a Dalvik VM implementation, and Chrome has Native Client which I guess could be adjusted to allow native Android apps to run in-browser.
It's a longer term proposition, but I think we could see it happen with the way that Google is starting to merge its projects.
6. Edmund (Posts: 633; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
MS should block Chrome browser from running on the Desktop altogether. Force google to write C#/C++/VB apps that only install from the Windows Store