Gold Apple iPhone 5s gets teardown treatment from iFixit
The Touch ID reveals itself as a series of capacitors that remembers the ridges on your finger. Five to ten images are required to keep a profile of your prints. And in case you're worried about your fingerprints being kept on file at Cupertino, fear not. The image is kept locally on the phone. The markings on the 8MP iSight camera indicate that it is a Sony built sensor, as expected.
iFixit says that the the internal design of the Apple iPhone 5s shows "some streamlining and optimization in its internal construction." Check out more details of the Apple iPhone 5s teardown below.
source: iFixit via Pocketlint
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 10296; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've read reports of 2 gigs of RAM. Ifixit is this correct?
6. Commentator (Posts: 2324; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Google search "iPhone 5s RAM." Every article reports that it has 1GB. Here's to that 1%!
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 10296; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've read both. I wonder why I fixit didn't reveal it.
12. Finalflash (Posts: 1540; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It is likely still 1GB, there was no mention of it from Apple and last I checked, it was cost cutting time at Apple. So don't get your hopes up. Also, Apple doesn't up the ram on the "S" iteration of their phones (only on the 3gs but that was a long time ago and technically that wasn't an "S" iteration step for Apple since 2 went to 3).
9. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
dude wtf is 2 gigs? it is 2GB not gigs smh
11. lucky13 (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
gigs is a street term for GB ,,,move with the times dude ..
10. Topcat488 (Posts: 1122; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Yo bud, on step 15 of ifixit (step 15 of 20) it say that it's likely 1 GB of RAM.
But then again "likely", isn't definitely.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2998; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Alan, Sir...what's with the 'golden' headline??
Obviously iFixit reviewed a normal iPhone 5S.
Should i expect another tear-down article for the normal iPhone 5S? Cause you, i and everyone know it's the same thing except for the color.
"Apple iPhone 5S gets teardown treatment..." would sound and look much better.
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2998; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Sensible writing...headline, the most important.
For some, just this headline will raise doubts about the golden version...of either superiority or inferiority compared to the rest.
13. jacko1977 (Posts: 388; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
iphone_5s-5685.phpreported as 1gb ram