Galaxy S5 and LG G3 to get the Android 5.0 Lollipop update in December
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
HTC is going to roll it out within four weeks. Look how far Samsung got with their 5.0 test build with the S5. If Samsung is almost done, I'm sure HTC is as well.
12. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
HTC is still suck! no one buys thier phones ONLY its employees and relatives.
LG and Samsung are better.
20. f35hunter (Posts: 233; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
Infact HTC make great smartphones but their UP cameras are suck
21. datguyglad (Posts: 98; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
LoL'z , by your user name I'm assuming you have a LG phone..? I have a LG myself but to honest HTC makes great phones. Their UI in fact is the closest to vanilla then any other OE UI's out there including LG. Don't know if you've had any experience with HTC but from your little rant I'm gonna assume that you don't.
22. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I guess you've never heard of Motorola then.
31. tr3yg (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
I divert from this statement. I happily own an HTC One (M7) and I still believe it is one of the best phones to-date. I am not much of a picture taker, more of a media buff, so this phone is perfect. I am not the son of an HTC employee or a relative. Even when I do use the camera, the picture comes out crisp and clear. Have fun dissing HTC when they built a better phone than the G3 and Galaxy S5. (ouch that mono speaker on both) :)
2. Derekjeter (Posts: 813; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
These dates are for the non US phones, cut I seriously doubt that we will get 5.0 this year. Unless you get a new Nexus 6.
3. Anterv (Posts: 172; Member since: 09 Jul 2014)
"That's pretty ambitious"
Oh gosh, seriously ? Every 1gb+ RAM phone should get OS update as fast as possible, and I am not even talking about special software optimizations for specific phone.
That's sad how only last flagships get updates..
4. somad (Posts: 169; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
So galaxy s5 is getting android lollipop before galaxy note 3.... how is Samsung dealing with updates.
10. Andrewtst (Posts: 612; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
No surprise and this is the correct way where also any manufacturer do. New phone get updates before the older.
Note 4 and S5 shall be hit first before Note 3 and S4.
5. jove39 (Posts: 1824; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Fast updates are expected due to preview build availability (5.0) on N5 and N7. Oem can update their apps to work with 5.0, once source is available (if not already released secretly) they can plugin their crappy skins and screw beautiful looks of 5.0!!!
6. rbuljo (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Oct 2014)
good to see that LG is stepping up and getting rid of the bad rep regarding updates..
14. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
that's right LG is soon to be the number 1
27. wumberpeb (Posts: 453; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
LG hasn't released one single update for the G3 on Sprint, or probably any other US carrier. No big fixes, tweaks, or newer versions. They're right on pace with normal LG software update schedules, which is VERY LONG. I've used the Optimus G, the G2, and now the G3 since it's July launch day, and sometimes just a small big fix within the first 30 days of launching helps customers feel better about their new product. The company who made the phone has your back with software issues, the way people feel with HTC or Samsung. LG has a long way to go to gain that type of notoriety
18. PHYCLOPSH (Posts: 178; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
I waited forever for KitKat to arrive on my LG Optimus G (U.S.) and it still never showed up. LG is lucky I stuck with them for a G3 based on design and spec alone. Android 5.0 doesn't matter much now since I need root for ViperFX.
29. rbuljo (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Oct 2014)
I dont have any experience with US carriers as i live in Norway, but the G3 has been updated quite regulary. it is a shame that US carriers puts such a clamp on updates, feel for you guys....
I always root, but whats ViperFX?
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 2026; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Do not expect it this year thanks to the us carriers for making the delays
8. goojman (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
US carriers are the worst in the world. So many damn restrictions!!
13. aco96 (Posts: 240; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Yeah. It's been a long time since the last update. xD
25. justsayit (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 May 2013)
hope we dont have to wait as long as optimus 4x user...
16. juan0289 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
Does someone know when oneplus one is getting android 5.0 lollipop update??? Thak you.
17. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
So the Verizon phones will definitley get it by July.
19. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I really doubt it. My estimate would be around January-February for LG and Samsung...
23. vipervoid123 (Posts: 163; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
My guess is both LG and Samsung wont bring much UI changes with this update even it is a major update..
Thats make sense that they can rollout so fast ~
24. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 236; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
If Samsung can get it in December, then Motorola will get it the day after the source code is released. The order will be: GPE and Nexus, Motorola, HTC, LG, Sony, and then Samsung. The ones at the back won't really be that much of an update because they will just plop all their skins and bloatware on, so it won't help the battery or processing power.
26. Zeesh (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Sep 2014)
roll outs will start in december but they will takes months for all regions to get their updates. Android updates are slow, irregular and not all regions are getting them simultaneously.