Galaxy Note 3 teardown reveals $232 bill of materials, new Wacom digitizer
1. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
hmmm.. Cheap production with a high price? R&D? Seriously??
3. Navaid (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
Don't forget packaging,marketing,selling,operating,accesories,labour & f.o.h.. etc.
12. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 126; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Can you tell those who are focusing only in bill of materials ? Coz you are totally right.
8. vincelongman (Posts: 2903; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Well thats what every OEM (any business) does
11. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
nope.. Samsung take your money and put it in advertisements not in phones..
15. HouTexan (Posts: 391; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
That's what all OEM's do; put your money into advertisements, smart guy.
21. piggypigs (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
Cheap? :P at $232, it is MUCH higher than iPhone's sub $200 BOM.
2. Cyberchum (Posts: 570; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
This should've been cheaper that's why I see Chinese OEMs grabbing the most market shares in the long run.
5. taikucing (unregistered)
That's how Sammy robs your money, just like Apple.
10. GamePlayer (Posts: 51; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
If you don't like it, don't buy it. No ones robbing anyone.
20. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
This is Capitalism 101 for you. Nobody in this side of earth does electronic charity, they all want profits, and if they can fork out a 100% profit, they will. And their happy fans will buy the phones laughing while saying "Triple horsepower for the same price of your iDevice, and my battery is removable lolololololol"
Nobody's a saint or a hero anymore...
6. papss (unregistered)
Geez that is a huge area of profit for SS. Maybe they could up the hardware quality a bit instead of being so greedy.
17. Finalflash (Posts: 2186; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I think the hardware quality is maxed out on that thing anyway since it offers the best specs in the industry. Aside from that they could change the casing, but that is more a matter of economics than it is of being cheap.
7. proto (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
people forget about research, marketing and work force and shiping...materials are not only think that cost samsung(and others OEMs) money.
9. amozhi (Posts: 127; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
It seems Note 3 is easy to dis-assemble and assemble. Great...
14. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
everybody is forgetting the tons of unique note 3 features..
16. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Note 3 is just over $30 more to make than i 5shttp://m.cnet.com/news/apples-iphone-5s-costs-$199-to-build-iphone-5c-goes-for-$173/57604357 Not bad considering how much more of an advanced os and features you get on the note.