Galaxy Nexus 2 concept is well-designed and ridiculous
1. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
holy christ chex!! 8GB of RAM?!?!?! 12mp camera? 2GHz quadcore processor?
...i think i need new pantalones.
2. Galen20K (Posts: 517; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
ha, I know right. we've barely just gotten 2GB phones lol
3. Cerberusa2a (Posts: 33; Member since: 24 May 2012)
I wish pantalones was all i needed after reading this... must...buy..now!
5. AndroidShiz (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Love how it has the extreme specs of 8gb of ram, 12 mb rear cam and only a 2mp front cam? At that point, why not 5? I'd still buy it anyways.
15. jove39 (Posts: 1361; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
As of now...arm for linux doesn't support more than 4gb
23. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4123; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Some computers don't even have 8 GB of RAM...
52. jalva30 (Posts: 14; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Yea this won't happen anytime soon, it's way too far of a leap from the current nexus. Maybe the screen size to a 4.85 to 4.9 in. But the cam won't pass 8mp. All the other specs are ridiculous. They won't make it better than their flagship phone. Maybe just a bigger screen.
7. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
you could have picked a more real-looking design...
35. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, it screams "droid razr/X" to me. Samsung's product wouldnt look like that. If they said that was a wanna-be moto nexus design I could have went for that.
The specs are rediculous. Nexus phones are almost never the best of the best in specs.
Id be quite happy with an A15 exynos/ OMAP5, 1.5-2 gig of ram, and a SA+HD screen in RGB and an 8mpx camera with an upgraded lens.
That seems a lot more plausible than that wishlist for a phone from 2015 lol.
44. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
yet it gets 80+ likes on the facebook page and too much attention... i have to admit I'm jealous and I could do a lot better than that. LOL.
but seriously though. the specs are too ridiculous.
41. Aeires (unregistered)
And is way too thin for the mentioned battery. Take away the obnoxious camera bump and I'd still buy it though.
45. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
and it also looks too sharp to hold. would be a perfect Motorola "razr" :)
48. vodinets (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
it does look like motorola to me, dont forget the acquisition of motorola by google. They might not use samsung
8. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
The bezel is too small to protect the phone. The first time it's dropped say goodbye Nexus.
12. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Not if it's that bendable Samsung Amoled, they can just wrap it down the sides and only display images on within certain parameters. Hey anything is possible, but a whopping 8GB of RAM is madness. The Tegra 2 Quad Core I'm not too sure about, perhaps an Exynos 45xx or OMAP5 Quad Core and BT 4.0, NFC, HDMI out, Wireless N, and all the neat bells and whistles should make for one beast of a phone.
14. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 305; Member since: 03 May 2012)
8gb of ram and 2ghz processor?? this sounds more like a joke than anything, almost as if they are just laughing at the power craving people that are always expecting more...
43. picka_vi_materina (Posts: 166; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
2GHz will be the lowest frequency for A15. They manage 2.5 easily. 8GB of RAM is pure b.s. though.
58. Deicide (Posts: 51; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)
Hopefully, Gorilla Glass 3 will be much stronger.
9. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
be awesome if this was true but sadly most likely isnt but if it was.. sign me up
10. asdfasdfasdf123 (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
well it better not be made by samsung... i want it to have a micro-arc oxidized aluminum back
38. Asasindude26 (Posts: 33; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
I wouldn't get it looks really scruffy :( I'm stickin with my Gnex and Nexus 7 for now :D
And it sadly will be "made" by Samsung (if it ever will exist) since it's a "Galaxy" phone (more like an out-of-this-galaxy phone) :D
11. AeroPrime (Posts: 173; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I kinda like it.... i'm not a fan of nexus!
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3043; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
These specs are real!!!! Or will be in 2-3 years. Come on 8GB of RAM? I can understand the camera and screen size but the processor and ram are way too good to be true at this point.
59. Deicide (Posts: 51; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)
A smartphone camera with 41MP was thought to be almost impossible in 2011, but the Nokia Pureview was able to do it. Anything could happen, an SoC as powerful as an i7 could not be too far in the future.
16. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
i think this thing is sick! awesome design. make it in blue with oxidzed blue metel backing bump battery up to 3800 or 4000 to make it through the day, and like the other poster said, drop in a exynos quad clocked at 2!!! yeah momma! i am kinda of tired of white and black. red might be cool also or yellow!
17. AdamOutler (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jul 2012)
Nexus phones tend to have a curved face. Convex or concave... this looks like an ugly brick. No way, no how its a nexus.
57. austincnb (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
i really miss the contour display guess i will stick with gn
18. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
If thats the real story.. Then the phone will Rock..!
19. wademvp91 (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Absolutely no way in hell that it comes with 8GB of Ram. That's nothing but overkill and the battery, no matter how large will suffer. Its so unnecessary. However, the rest COULD be legit.
20. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
This is fake for sure.. But it looks like Pantech Vega S5.. I want Galaxy S IV to be looked like this..
24. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
5 inches ? I think 4.2 ~ 4.6 is good enough
Looks really nice though, a bit large for my hand
25. Sinaps (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)
Holy crap....I better start saving up some money for this.
26. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
There's a phone coming out with no bezel already forgot what company need more phone like it
30. aayupanday (Posts: 531; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
The designer's brain is a piece of monkey crap!
32. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Make it 2GB Ram and not 8, and have the Exynos 5250 instead of the T3, up the battery to 4,100 mAh and you got yourself The SGS4 :)
33. OSFantasma (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
yellow and black sounds good or maroon and black
36. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
on a side note, the the edge to edge screen "accidental touch" is easily fixed by making the sides of the phone less finger sensitive while in portrait mode or with better touch detection that can figure out if its a finger tip or the fat part of your thumb. They have that now on laptop touch pads, so its not like its science fiction.
37. iamkrishna (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
the top portion looks like the porsche-blackberry phone
39. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
It's a good idea to shrink the side bezel in order to fit a larger screen, but to take away the bezel all-together would cause too many issues with accidental touches.
this ist the most importan sentences of this article..you can feel what they mean if you are an expert of the smartphone world.
42. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I already pre-ordered the phone :-)
In my mind....
46. noldypinontoan (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
i like the design and specification, i hope it come true :)
47. whothisperson (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 May 2012)
I like how the top and bottom rounded corners have a different degree of arc. No signs of apple lawsuit here!
49. deventure (Posts: 25; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
honestly thats a pretty bad render and concept in every way
50. greenhulk (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
The guts are for sure ridiclous, the side bezel would be a lose, it saves my life many of times, the flat rounded design from the X, buts is still a beast of a phone, siskel and ebert ratings would be two thumbs up and I would buy it!
53. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 305; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
no way, NO WAY should Samsung have the Nexus for what, the 3rd time in a row? 4th maybe? the HTC Nexus i would have gotten, and Samsung deserved a chance and they made a banging Nexus but come on... not every Nexus can be Samsung now!! Jesus at least give us Motorola or LG... ANYTHING but Samsung!
56. austincnb (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
really, give other companies a chance to show what they can do we saw what samsung can do two times but if the concept looks like that they really need to give the project to someone else
55. austincnb (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
what happened to the contour display and the the bezel ,wouldnt buy it i hope that this design stays a concept and they rethink this alot because its specs are way amazing just the design turns me off
60. li0nh3art (Posts: 28; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
Jesus Christ! 8GB of RAM... Seriously Ridiculous!