Foxconn raises salaries again, amidst a backlash against the FLA's rosy work conditions remarks
1. tluv00 posted on 17 Feb 2012, 08:38 8 0
Very interesting that salaries are being raised during or right before the FLA starts interviewing employees about pay, living conditions and management.
3. c.hack posted on 17 Feb 2012, 09:46 0 6
The FLA already noted that Apple's subcontractors have some of the best benefits, pay and working conditions of any Chinese workers.
8. Contreramanjaro posted on 17 Feb 2012, 11:58 0 0
I think those actually concerned are just using the commercial presence of Apple to force people to look into conditions. No one really seemed to give two s**ts last year when this all went down, or the few years prior when the sweat shops first became newsworthy.
Since then however it has become old news and people managed to push it to the back of their minds then act shocked when the economy is taking a plunge. I think anyone concerned should put as much pressure as possible on Apple or your company of choice. Just know that Apple and its popular products are sensational enough to get press.
4. pattypatterson posted on 17 Feb 2012, 09:47 5 0
If my mother tells me she is coming over to visit, Im clean up everything I dont want her to see...
6. gallitoking posted on 17 Feb 2012, 10:54 0 3
And you think your fooling your mom... hmmmm nice try
7. Stuticus posted on 17 Feb 2012, 11:31 0 0
Yes but your mother RAISED you. Those two are not the same thing.
9. gallitoking posted on 17 Feb 2012, 12:15 0 2
Then dont use it as an example..
20. Stuticus posted on 17 Feb 2012, 17:12 0 0
Um lol I didn't?
5. jmoita2 posted on 17 Feb 2012, 09:49 1 0
I know,all the condoms,thongs and dirty pics safely hidden away...lol
10. remixfa posted on 17 Feb 2012, 12:19 1 2
Aww, look crazed defenders, even the FLA is calling bull on the FLA prelim report.
So they got a 25% raise huh? that raises them to almost 40 cents an hour!! And no, that was not sarcasm.
18. remixfa posted on 17 Feb 2012, 15:21 0 0
id have to look it up but if i remember right minimum wage in that area was 30-38 cents depending where you worked.
11. squallz506 posted on 17 Feb 2012, 13:36 0 0
The fla isnt stupid. Let's all calm down and wait for the report before smashing it
12. gallitoking posted on 17 Feb 2012, 13:50 1 0
If apple doesnt do nothing.. they bash.. and if they do.. they still bash... seems to me that fandroids...some have issues...
14. tedkord posted on 17 Feb 2012, 14:21 1 0
Yes, its nothing at all like the iFans, who in every story about a newly announced android phone jump in and call it another garbage, fragmented android device, even though no one's tried the phone yet because its not released. Only Fandroids attack regardless, iFans are totally justified.
16. remixfa posted on 17 Feb 2012, 14:32 1 0
thats because apple invents everything and ifans are always right and never blindly defend or attack without reason.
19. gallitoking posted on 17 Feb 2012, 16:55 0 1
Awwww you need a hug.. dude.. calm down and move on... Android will be second best... and number one choice for geeks...
21. dreammixer (banned) posted on 17 Feb 2012, 17:57 0 0
There's nobody bashing on android articles. It's only on Apple articles.
26. remixfa posted on 17 Feb 2012, 22:10 1 0
absolutely right. we never see you, gallito, or any other crazed ibots on an article about android. nope nope nope..
27. gallitoking posted on 18 Feb 2012, 09:51 0 0
I can stay away of the boring Android articles... but you fandroids cant stay away from the multiples Apple articles.. besides fandroids will rush into apple articles ..we dont rush... big difference
28. remixfa posted on 18 Feb 2012, 12:16 0 0
youbcan stay away from android articles yet your feathered mug has posted on nearly all of them.
besides this is a story about human rights as much as it is about apple/foxconn abusing those rights.
15. tedkord posted on 17 Feb 2012, 14:23 0 0
Waitaminnit. ISh**p is a banned word here, but Fandroids isn't? Biased much, PA?
23. Cali_E posted on 17 Feb 2012, 19:31 0 0
is it really? no way lets see. iSh**p hahahahahaha no way it wouldnt even let me post it! garbage a$$ website
25. Cali_E posted on 17 Feb 2012, 19:32 0 0
haha it worked!!! lol stupid iSheeep
17. tluv00 posted on 17 Feb 2012, 15:12 1 0
Apparently the FLA is actually funded by the companies that it is supposed to be "investigating". WTF is that?
"Unfortunately, while there are some fine people at the association, the organization is not the independent watchdog Apple claims it to be. Indeed, most of its money -- millions of dollars per year -- comes from the very companies whose labor practices it is supposed to scrutinize."