Foxconn raises salaries again, amidst a backlash against the FLA's rosy work conditions remarks
1. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
Very interesting that salaries are being raised during or right before the FLA starts interviewing employees about pay, living conditions and management.
3. c.hack (Posts: 603; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
The FLA already noted that Apple's subcontractors have some of the best benefits, pay and working conditions of any Chinese workers.
8. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
I think those actually concerned are just using the commercial presence of Apple to force people to look into conditions. No one really seemed to give two s**ts last year when this all went down, or the few years prior when the sweat shops first became newsworthy.
Since then however it has become old news and people managed to push it to the back of their minds then act shocked when the economy is taking a plunge. I think anyone concerned should put as much pressure as possible on Apple or your company of choice. Just know that Apple and its popular products are sensational enough to get press.
4. pattypatterson (Posts: 48; Member since: 28 May 2010)
If my mother tells me she is coming over to visit, Im clean up everything I dont want her to see...
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
And you think your fooling your mom... hmmmm nice try
7. Stuticus (Posts: 26; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
Yes but your mother RAISED you. Those two are not the same thing.
5. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I know,all the condoms,thongs and dirty pics safely hidden away...lol
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Aww, look crazed defenders, even the FLA is calling bull on the FLA prelim report.
So they got a 25% raise huh? that raises them to almost 40 cents an hour!! And no, that was not sarcasm.
18. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
id have to look it up but if i remember right minimum wage in that area was 30-38 cents depending where you worked.
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The fla isnt stupid. Let's all calm down and wait for the report before smashing it
12. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
If apple doesnt do nothing.. they bash.. and if they do.. they still bash... seems to me that fandroids...some have issues...
14. tedkord (Posts: 9890; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yes, its nothing at all like the iFans, who in every story about a newly announced android phone jump in and call it another garbage, fragmented android device, even though no one's tried the phone yet because its not released. Only Fandroids attack regardless, iFans are totally justified.
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats because apple invents everything and ifans are always right and never blindly defend or attack without reason.
19. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Awwww you need a hug.. dude.. calm down and move on... Android will be second best... and number one choice for geeks...
21. dreammixer (banned) (Posts: 81; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
There's nobody bashing on android articles. It's only on Apple articles.
26. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
absolutely right. we never see you, gallito, or any other crazed ibots on an article about android. nope nope nope..
27. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I can stay away of the boring Android articles... but you fandroids cant stay away from the multiples Apple articles.. besides fandroids will rush into apple articles ..we dont rush... big difference
28. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
youbcan stay away from android articles yet your feathered mug has posted on nearly all of them.
besides this is a story about human rights as much as it is about apple/foxconn abusing those rights.
15. tedkord (Posts: 9890; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Waitaminnit. ISh**p is a banned word here, but Fandroids isn't? Biased much, PA?
23. Cali_E (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2008)
is it really? no way lets see. iSh**p hahahahahaha no way it wouldnt even let me post it! garbage a$$ website
17. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
Apparently the FLA is actually funded by the companies that it is supposed to be "investigating". WTF is that?
"Unfortunately, while there are some fine people at the association, the organization is not the independent watchdog Apple claims it to be. Indeed, most of its money -- millions of dollars per year -- comes from the very companies whose labor practices it is supposed to scrutinize."