Foxconn-Sharp partnership to result in new factory to produce Apple iPhone displays
Since Foxconn already assembles most of Apple's iPhones and iPads, what does Sharp bring to the table? Apparently, the Japanese company offers and improvement in "quality management" at the factory. Both Foxconn and Sharp have partnered up before as the former owns a 46.48% share in Sharp's liquid crystal manufacturing plant in Sakai, Japan, considered to be the most advanced factory in the country.
panels could not pass Apple's stringent requirements. Despite losing the chance to sell the panels to Apple, Sharp has started production of the displays for other devices. Additionally, last year Sharp was working on its p-Si LCD technology. Using liquid crystals and low-temperature poly-silicon technology, Sharp said it could build lighter and thinner screens that would require less power than traditional LCD displays. Last year, there was talk that this technology would be used by Apple in the 6th generation of the Apple iPhone due out later this year.
With Samsung parts making up much of Apple's mobile devices, both Foxconn and Sharp hope that their partnership will allow them to supply more parts to the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad. While it is not clear if the partnership with Foxconn forced this decision, Sharp also announced on Thursday that the subsidiary that owns it's Saki, Japan factory has bought back a 7% share in the facility from Sony ending the partnership between those two tech companies.
1. itiswhatitis (Posts: 419; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Is it saki or sakai?? Saki's ....well you all know what it is!!!
3. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
so now they will have slaves making the screens and assembling the phones. doubling down on slave use. Good thing to know that they are completely ignoring the horrid working conditions they supply.
4. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
So you choose to ignore all the improvements that have happened in recent months thanks to Apple.
Of course, Apple could pay their factory workers 6 figure salaries and you'd still find a way to bitch. You have a very female mindset.
7. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Google it. Increased pay, shorter work hours, better work conditions etc
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I can find info where Apple says that they will pay for improvements at Foxconn factories, but i can't find info about what improvements was done and actually if they were done. Help me taco50! :(
10. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
He can't cause he's lieing....
22. GENARAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
We will see®
Aha that reminds me of APPLE_ROYALLY®
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Now we know that taco50 is loser and liar!
He is just skipping this page...
37. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
There is no sign ov him! And no answers.... He's
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
they put nets to catch people jumping out of roofs.. for starters
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Seems that suicides is everyday routine for them, so they decide to put nets to catch people jumping out of roofs. Nice improvement to keep them slaves alive as they have to serve. (sarcasm)
So that was main improvement to avoid suicides?
But what about workers welfare improvements?
25. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
no matter what I say woulndt change your mind so why u ask me to fall under your game.. my last comment was sarcasm. too dumb to tell huh?
29. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"no matter what I say woulndt change your mind..."
Or maybe there is nothing to say. :)
33. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
There is! Galli is voodooed and doomed.....
39. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
aww, did you done did dissapearededed off the thread again because you got caught with your troll pants down again taco?? aww.
you made the claim, you back it up. Show me PROOF of them changing things, not just saying they are going to change things.
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And it is not the first time he is doing that.
27. TR0LL (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 20 May 2012)
So Apple has migrated to other company's? Looks like
It's to expensive to buy Samsung products!
6. thedarkside (Posts: 651; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
im pretty sure it would on the lines of how walmart treats there overseas factory workers. tisk tisk.
11. good2great (Posts: 1035; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Troll bait article alert!
Poor Taco, they'll never give you a break bro...
13. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
We all feel sorry for Taco and gallitoking..... Both ov them,
Apple has brainwashed them. U are both doomed. O yea
forgot the other guy! "APPLE.ROYALLY" This guy is on a different above
League than Taco and Gallitoking......
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
APPLE_R0YALLY, stutterer which says we... we... we... we... in each comment. :D
Look at his profile: http://www.phonearena.com/user
"(limited) 6 days ago"
Does that means he was banned or something?
15. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1471; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
haha probably, thank god he was annoying as f**k
21. eyephone (banned) (Posts: 69; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
please say he's banned for good!
Omg that guy and he's we this we that we like we see we advise.......he was so fckng annoying!!!!!!!!!!! GOD that guy!
Atleast Taco and gallitoking are okay!
28. KOUROS (banned) (Posts: 36; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
NO ONE WILL EVER FORGET THAT NAME
HE'S POSTS WERE SO FCKNG ANNOYING. WANTED
TO IGNORE BUT COULDN'T!!!
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow.. brainwashed. right... is 2012 at least come with something new...good thing you feel sorry for me. because I dont feel sorry for you...
26. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
if that is true why you keep focusing on the ovbious.. too dumb to come up with something new..
30. KOUROS (banned) (Posts: 36; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
You and Taco is brainwashed! And also doomed!
This is something new and old.....!
31. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
agree at least that is new... doom.. like in Dr. Doom or Doom as in The Rock"s movie
34. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Hahahahaha how so funny.... Twisting words around hey! Galli don't be shy to accept the truth!
40. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
coming from the dumbnamic duo that uses the same tired troll lines from 3 years ago that have no validity anymore.
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
wp74ver's profile: http://www.phonearena.com/user
"(limited) 3 min ago" :D
12. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Even Samsung workers are paid much better than Apple foxcon
junk crap... Apple the the fruit is master in disguise.... Beware
of there products, they love to thirst blood out ov u!