Entry-level Samsung Galaxy Fame is announced with 1GHz processor and Android 4.1
February 4, 2013
SEOUL, Korea - February 4, 2013 - Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, today announced the Samsung GALAXY Young and Samsung GALAXY Fame. The GALAXY Young, available in white, deep blue, wine red and metallic silver, is a smart and affordable Android playmate for the younger, stylish generation of mobile users. The GALAXY Fame, available in pearl white and metallic blue, combines powerful performance with an essential suite of features and services, all packed within a stylish design.
• The GALAXY Young and GALAXY Fame offer a smart and intelligent user experience powered by Android™4.1 (Jelly
Bean), which enables seamless screen transitions between apps and taking and sharing photos and customizing your
home screen easier. Powered by a 1GHz processor, these new phones ensure swift operating speeds for smooth
multitasking, fast webpage loading and soft UI transitions. Also, with 4GB of internal storage and a 1,300mAh battery
capacity, users can enjoy extended multimedia use and longer talk time. Connectivity through Wi-Fi Direct allows easy
content sharing between nearby devices.
• Completing the smartphone experience, the GALAXY Young and GALAXY Fame come preloaded with Samsung Game
Hub Lite, which allows easy access to fully optimized, best in class games for these devices. Samsung’s device
management software, S Cloud, provides safe and simple syncing, back-up and storage options for information such
as contacts, bookmarks, and SMS.
• These new devices also understand your movements with their intuitive Motion UI. Simply shake the devices to refresh
and update widgets and other content. If you are unable to take a call, you can just turn over the device to mute the ringer.
• The GALAXY Young and GALAXY Fame will be available in two versions depending on the market. The additional value
of a Dual SIM delivers the convenience of two phone numbers for calling, texting and web usage at work or play. With
the Always On feature, you never miss a call with call forwarding to the other SIM. And Hybrid Dual SIM lets you use 3G
data on one SIM while receiving a call on the other SIM.
Samsung GALAXY Young
• With a compact, curved frame, the GALAXY Young has been designed with an ergonomic style and finished with simple
clean lines, providing a comfortable grip. Beyond its chic design, the 3.27” full touch HVGA resolution screen makes
viewing photos, messages and multimedia clear and detailed. Dropbox gives access to your files wherever you are;
you can edit photos and videos, upload and share freely with family and friends.
Samsung GALAXY Fame
• The Samsung GALAXY Fame is a stylish device coupled with a sophisticated, simple and powerful user experience.
With a 5 megapixel camera, users can capture precious everyday moments. It comes with Bluetooth® 4.0, allowing for
the GALAXY Fame to instantly share information with other Bluetooth enabled devices. Also equipped with NFC, the
GALAXY Fame allows easy sharing via S Beam with other Samsung smartphones by simply touching two different
1. imsickwithsmartphone posted on 05 Feb 2013, 02:48 10 0
this is the only smartphone that I can own, thank you Sammy :)
5. phil2n posted on 05 Feb 2013, 03:09 2 0
I have to thumbs up on you because we are the same...
7. sayedejaz posted on 05 Feb 2013, 03:50 2 0
Some say same design and all.
but ..yes i want all their phone to be ' UNITED '
2. spideyhead256 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 02:56 2 0
jellybean on an entry level device is pretty impressive.good value for money (and yes this comment is diverted towards you htc)
3. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Feb 2013, 03:07 1 0
Everything is good...but i want to know the screen resolution it is sporting.
All those good points will go down the drain if the resolution is below 800X640 or something like that.
My niece has a Galaxy Y, and boy, with that pixel density it's a pain.
But this should be a good phone...i mean not even some of the high end device comes with 4.1 out of the box.
9. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Feb 2013, 04:55 2 0
320 x 480 pixels with a ppi of 165...even my old 5530XM has a better ppi.
4. cezarepc posted on 05 Feb 2013, 03:08 0 0
I had a chance to play with a Galaxy Y (800mhz cpu, 200MB something ram) and it was very smooth. Save for the crappy screen, I'd say I'll recommend it to budget buyers. I'm pretty sure this Galaxy Fame will be an even better budget smartphone.
6. shuaibhere posted on 05 Feb 2013, 03:23 1 0
Only think missing in galaxy ace or y was a good UI.....with nature UX this device should be a good low end device...
10. GoJin posted on 05 Feb 2013, 05:37 0 0
.Samsung really sucks when it comes to updates!
I'm still using my very first Android mobile.
The Samsung Galaxy W i8150
the Galaxy W has a little better specs than this...
Samsung released this phone with Jelly Bean and yet SGW is still in Gingerbread.
I'm your follower! Come on!!!
13. cripton805 posted on 05 Feb 2013, 11:02 0 0
I dislike the names that phone manufacturers are coming up with. They are really confusing and misleading. I think they are picking those names on purpose.
Why are all the phones Galaxies now? So they feel like they have a Galaxy with higher end specs at a lower price tag. A Galaxy will always be a Galaxy right?
Same with Sony Z / ZL. Etc....