Dual-edged Samsung Galaxy S6 to be produced in a 'limited' 10 million batch
1. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Well if 10 million is limited, then the phones like HTC m series and sony Z series don't get produced at all.
7. walnuttt (Posts: 153; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
Why Samsung always make the Edge series limited? If they can make it permanent why not? I know they can, yes they can.
11. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Its a marketing hype and a good excuse. If it is not success like they hope for. Limited number at start works fine for them. They wont loose face that way. If it is success, its easy for them to call "we had to produce another 10 million because customers wanted".
Shamesung always plays dirty and they use every tricks they can.
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3723; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If only you knew how dumb you sound. Almost every company has done a limited edition or run of something at some point, but I don't hear you calling everyone else out. Not to mention, these are still rumors. Way to show your bias.
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Then Apple, MS, Sony and every other company is dumb too. Do you really think Apple runs out of every new product it sells? Do you really think they cant forecast a months worth of initial sales? Do you really think that MS actually sold enough slates to sell out? lol
Sell outs create more demand for the product and keep its price inflated longer.
9. buccob (Posts: 2541; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
When differentiation doesn't have a reasonable purpose it becomes gimmicky...
I bought my old Acro S because of the (at the time) waterproofing that differentiated it from other flagships... and I bought my Z3 Compact partly because that feature (no longer a notable difference) is actually useful...
But I still fail to see the use of the edge display... I think the LG Flex are actually a bit more logical.
18. buccob (Posts: 2541; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
when you are watching it perpendicularly, you can actually see the whole content... the ergonomics and handling are good due to the natural curved shape... and the curve also protects the phone if is facing down on a surface....
What is the purpose of the edge display again? notification?, ruler? shortcuts?... common..
19. ososucre (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
some will say LG flex is a gimmick also, it is depend on our point of view, dont be so straight about what others thinking
3. JGuinan007 (Posts: 680; Member since: 19 May 2011)
MY AT&T Note3 is getting updated to lollipop as we speak!!
6. JGuinan007 (Posts: 680; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I just like to share it just happened in the middle of me reading this
5. JGuinan007 (Posts: 680; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Sorry I jumped the gun got too excited it turns out it's 4.4.4 again don't know whats different though everything looks the same as the update for 4.4.4 I got back in Nov except it's a new build # n900aucudnl1. Why not lollipop!!!! WHY!!! KHAN!!!!!!!
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3723; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I guess that's what happens when you post irrelevant comments.
12. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Thats what I call shamesung dirty marketing hype.
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the volume button could easily be on screen.. the power button would most likely go to the top... not a big mystery to solve lol