Curious: Samsung to remove its logo from the front of Galaxy S7 / edge units sold in China and South Korea
4. ZeneticX (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
The phone actually look much better that way. Also the reason why I like the silver colour the best
39. almostdone (Posts: 231; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Perhaps Samsung is looking to reduce their top bezels even further but not having in logo on the front. They're testing the waters to see if this impact sales and perhaps in future models have no logo and reduced top bezel. I think this is a great idea and only have Samsung at the back.
8. Shocky (unregistered)
Definitely would prefer no branding on the front of phones, but I don't see how it would impact sales in South Korea though.
Maybe they're just testing it to see what effect it has, if any.
11. Tziggy14 (Posts: 442; Member since: 02 Sep 2014)
Do chinese people even buy Samsung phones anymore?
36. KONICHIWA-ANNYONG (Posts: 210; Member since: 24 Feb 2016)
No they don't buy Samsung phones, genius...
12. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Looks like I'm moving to China or South Korea! ;)
13. Unordinary (Posts: 1298; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
So much diversity with these phones. No logos here, logos there, heat pipes here no heat pipes there, different processers in this country vs that country. Lol.
25. j2001m (Posts: 2842; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
They all got heat pipes on both CPUs and all phomes, it's used the the gear VR so you can use it longer without overheating, samsung as said this is why it was used
28. Unordinary (Posts: 1298; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
Gotta love Samsung. Guess the fandroids in previous articles had false info, as always. Thanks for the info tho
15. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8985; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
This is stupid considering the Box still has the Samsung logo on it. People will still know they are buying a Samsung. The phone don't come in a white box unmarked.
Seems weirdly stupid.
If you so worried, dont even sell a phone in China. Let them buy cheap knock-offs which si about what most can afford anyways.
Samsung doesn't need china.
17. sssm23 (unregistered)
Apple and Samsung still copying Nokia
38. KONICHIWA-ANNYONG (Posts: 210; Member since: 24 Feb 2016)
There are still Nokia fans? What is this, 2002?
19. kevin91202 (Posts: 530; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
"...far East." -PA (Paul K.)
far East? You actually mean Far East.
It's pathetic that PA continues to butcher the American-English language by using these foreign writers. Might as well start writing in Bulgarian.
24. benno (Posts: 94; Member since: 17 Apr 2015)
Lol are you seriously going full retard over a capital F?
22. sissy246 (Posts: 715; Member since: 04 Mar 2015)
I am one that doesn't care if the branding in on my phone. I have the white note 5 and the silver Samsung barely show anyway.
26. Trakker (Posts: 283; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
On my white Galaxy S5 the silver Samsung lettering are basically invisible to me because it just doesn't stand out, unlike HTC of course which seems to take up half the phone.
30. lakki369 (Posts: 89; Member since: 10 Apr 2015)
Great... Now make it universal... Seriously... This is the best design move after the invention of edge screen... Without the logo it looks more clean and refined.
31. MDave (Posts: 115; Member since: 09 Apr 2015)
If you gave me the choice I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. Never been bothered by the logo.
32. Elfmonster (Posts: 431; Member since: 23 Dec 2013)
I'd pay any phone company an extra 25 bucks for a no logo handset.
34. ydl08 (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
They should apply the same here in the US.
Why can't Sammie do everything at once? why are they so scared? or what's causing the delay? i think just removing the samsung from the front will boost sales.
40. DmitrLP (Posts: 293; Member since: 18 Sep 2015)
Sammy shouldn´t do that,the logo looks pretty cool, i like it.
41. chaoscauser (Posts: 39; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Everyone knows the brand, Samsung. No need to raise brand awareness with the logo on the phones.
42. techbuttcheex (Posts: 58; Member since: 25 Jul 2015)
The iPhone doesn't say "Apple" on the front.
43. Pigeon (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Feb 2016)
I would think their country would be proud instead of acting childish, they should be ashamed of themselves !