Cluzee is the Siri for non iOS devices
Ask Cluzee when your next appointment is and the app will tell you when it is, where it is and the time of the appointment. It will also give you what time you need to leave in order to make the appointment and which streets and highways you need to take. Cluzee can also send out email or text messages to those people on your contact list that are involved in the appointment.
While Siri can handle more commands now than Cluzee can at this point, there is nothing that stops future updates from taking the app past Siri. And while the latter is basically locked into the iOS platform, Cluzee will be available on all platforms thanks to HTML5.
With all of the battles that go on between Apple users and Android users, we can just imagine a battle brewing in the future between Siri and Cluzee over which personal assistant is better. Cluzee will have to improve however, as early reports say that the program is quite buggy.
For those Android users longing for something similar to Siri, we will soon have a full breakdown of all options available on the Android Market, so keep checking in right here!
source: AndroidMarket via Phandroid
1. miggymini (Posts: 15; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Phonearena... there\'s been something in the market for at least 2 years Vlingo and Speaktoit. Not quite as advanced but still very functional. Don\'t fool yourself into thinking Apple did this fist.
2. bucky (Posts: 1806; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
they didnt do it first, but they did it right. dont fool yourself either.
6. bucky (Posts: 1806; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Correction to my statement, the did it right first.
7. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1695; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
sure did, a beta they didnt design and is so buggy it should be an Alpha GG Apple
9. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
actually with multiple siri outages and it not working properly in the vast majority of countries apple did not to it right,they just used the right pr mental advertising
18. bucky (Posts: 1806; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
much like front facing camera's, and tablets this is what every droid owner will want all of a sudden.
youre right though, apple didnt do anything right with siri...
25. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 307; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It's easy to do it right when you have a multi billion dollar company developing it. But we need not worry because the late comer (Google) will eventually jump on the band wagon.
31. bucky (Posts: 1806; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
poor broke google.........and samsung.........and htc........and motorola........and sony........and LG........
26. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 307; Member since: 26 May 2011)
What Apple does so well is marketing on television.
4. username (Posts: 25; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
Nice!!! Gunna download the bootleg Siri. JK, I love this app.
5. AndroidOS (Posts: 100; Member since: 21 Jun 2011)
And Cluzee is aboslutely horrible by the way, so don't even try to compare the most garbage personal assistant app on Android to Siri when you could easily compare a way more advanced personal assistant on Android to Siri PA. As if this is the best an Android app developer could do.
16. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 407; Member since: 24 May 2011)
totally agree. most guyz dont know this but Personal Assistant is as close as we can get to siri on android. Its the best out there. Nice to show off to friends with iphones, and thats about it, personally i don't like voice controlled assistants..:-P
8. tedkord (Posts: 6522; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Tried thus today, and it really is awful. It was slow, misunderstood what I was asking 70% of the time, and used crappy Bing search, even when set to use Google or yahoo.
10. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Someone with a product similar in form and function to something Apple made post facto?? TO THE ATTORNEYS!!!
11. ibap (Posts: 722; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Vlingo and Speaktoit Assistant have near 5 stars in Android Market, and Cluzee has only 2, though it shows as updated yesterday.
I'll be waiting for that full review of Android apps of this type.
27. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 307; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Just like Vlingo, Speaktoit Assistant, Voice Actions Plus, Cluzee needs sometime to spread its wings. But I will keep it installed so that I can keep track of what gets fixed.
12. blackrose (Posts: 48; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
This app sucks and I sure haven't been in search for. Anything like siri
13. rob5150 (Posts: 134; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Vlingo. When apple came out with siri. I was like... Uhhhh. I've been using vlingo for everything already. Without any outages. I just say. Hey vlingo... And talk. In another post yesterday I said how i heard Howard Stern trying to do siri.. And nothing worked.
In the old days.. People argued if their GTO was better than my barracuda. Come on already.... Their both good. Stop the nonsense
21. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Vlingo is also available for iOS, I checked it.
14. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
Android is catching up good good soon I will have more choices besides the iPhone 4s
15. Mr.phone.guy. (Posts: 13; Member since: 25 Sep 2011)
Cluzee, even though it's free, is worthless. I never understood why developer(s) would put a product to market, even though it doesnt work? spend the damn time to refine your idea.
17. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Alot of the time is just to do faster testing and to gather bug reports from the masses,.... but this was awful haha
22. kakay (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 May 2010)
Vlingo works pretty well. I've tried it out for the last few weeks. Not bad.
23. Packer29 (Posts: 56; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)
Siri is in beta and it will just get better and better Vlingo is garbage and all the fandroids are just pissed because apple got people to pay attention to voice recognition because when Apple does something people pay attention and take notice!
29. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 307; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Packer29 your right about people paying attention to what Apple does because they market. With 70 billion in cash alone, I don't think Apple would have any issues getting people to pay attention to what they have to offer. These android developers don't have access to the same resources that Apple does.
24. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
The title is misleading totally. It's the siri for non iOS devices. Small fact it's for all devices including ios devices.
28. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 307; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I stuck to simple commands and they all went off without any hiccups on my Thunderbolt, which is sportin InfectedROM Eternity.
30. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 307; Member since: 26 May 2011)
This is simply a unfair comparison between giant Apple and android developers because of the lack of resources at android developers disposal. When the late comer decides to incorporate a similar app into their OS like Apple did, then we can start talking who has the best personal assistant.
32. Sakmann67 (Posts: 29; Member since: 22 May 2010)
I work for a Sprint Dealer. I use Vilngo on my EVO. When I ask it where the nearest McDonalds is, it directs me to the one across the street from our store. Siri on our Demo Iphone 4s sent me 5 miles away and Cluzee on our Demo Evo Design had no clue.. 4 stars for Vlingo, 3 for Siri, 1 for Clueless Cluzee.