Asus explains why the Google Nexus 7 has no rear camera, answer does not surprise
1. andro. posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:06 18 0
Its totally understandable for the price that Asus leaves out a rear camera on the nexus 7,afterall nobody ever uses the camera on a tab anyhow,possibly only ever for ar games maybe
13. tigermcm posted on 20 Jul 2012, 06:08 12 0
except the SPECIAL ppl take use their tablets to take pictures in the mirror
14. theBankRobber posted on 20 Jul 2012, 07:19 10 0
I LMAO every time I see a picture of someone standing in front of a mirror and I notice they have a front facing camera phone.
16. tigermcm posted on 20 Jul 2012, 08:04 9 2
its just plain wrong standing in the mirror taking a pic with something the size of a book.
2. teknas18 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:11 1 1
But at least they should give 1.5MP cam for that front facing cam ! so that one would take snap !!!
3. thunderising posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:20 1 13
A 5MP rear camera module would have cost an additional $5
OMG I would go bankrupt paying $5 more!
5. pahel posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:27 13 1
If you think it would cost only as much as part price you simply don't know what you're talking about.
7. morell2 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:37 2 1
is right ! but i think he need to more money!
do the price 209$ for 8G and 258$ for 16g
4. amiaq posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:26 5 0
No, never use the camera on all my tablet. Did not miss the camera at all.
6. morell2 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:36 3 8
i think in tablet 7 inch need camera!
on 10 inch tablet dont need camera!
5MP rear camera is add 5$
if have camera do the price on 209$(10$ add)!
i think asus false in this !
8. PostalJim posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:39 11 1
Don't you all have a camera on your smartphone already? I would rather use a hand size smart phone to take a picture than a 7 inch tablet! If it were raining 50 dollar bills many people would complain that they were not 100 dollar bills!
23. whothisperson posted on 20 Jul 2012, 13:52 0 0
My same thoughts, nowadays, most people have a smartphone with them. You wouldn't just bring your tablet with you when you leave home, you would take your phone as well. On the other hand... maybe the user will be using photo apps like instagram on their tablet.
9. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:48 4 4
Well we all know now that PA is going to give the Nexus 7 a low score on its review for nor rear camera.
10. chethan316 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:48 6 1
"so the decision was made not to include a front facing camera"
Doesn't the Nexus 7 have a front facing camera? It's the rear camera that's missing.
11. Hyde_Yamato posted on 20 Jul 2012, 05:56 3 1
i think this is right decision. i saw people take picture with their tablet, and it seems so weird.. even 7" is still too big for taking the pictures. should use phone or digital camera for taking pictures instead.
12. Evil_SaNz posted on 20 Jul 2012, 06:03 1 1
Rear camera on tablets is the most useless feature ever on an electronic device, just for AR technology would make sense - sadly AR gaming is not so functional atm.
Everyone owns a phone aswell and tbh is embarassingly better to take photos with it.
15. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2012, 07:28 0 0
There is a spot on the board for one, centered near the top. Wouldn't be surprised if a future rendition offers one.
17. jsdechavez posted on 20 Jul 2012, 09:13 1 1
No back camera is OK. Really irritates me when people use tablets to take photos during events and even concerts. That's it, tablets should be banned in concerts. They could like use their phones or digicams..
18. disneydad posted on 20 Jul 2012, 10:31 0 0
A pet peeve of mine is people at Disney World walking around with an iPad taking VIDEO!!
It's as if they want people to notice that they own a tablet. Like having a smartphone or tablet makes you better than everyone else.
I should try taking video of them with my G-Slate, Radar 4G, Nokia C7, and flip phone while they're taking video of the gift shop. lol
19. andro. posted on 20 Jul 2012, 11:01 1 0
Those people you've described are steriotypical ifans unfortunately
25. johnnilsson posted on 20 Jul 2012, 15:37 0 0
This is so true everytime I go there I see this so annoying.
20. jove39 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 11:25 0 0
Nope...doesn't bother at all...for the time I had iPad...never used its rear camera...only front camera for video chat.
24. GoBears posted on 20 Jul 2012, 15:33 0 0
Only thing a tablet camera is good for, is taking pictures of your phone that your trying to sell on Craigslist lol.
26. InspectorGadget80 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 16:25 0 0
That's a very smart move from ASUS. I mean what's the point on taking a picture with a tablet when it have a low resolution than a digital camera or a cell phone camera. some people don't realize that you're paying more for a camera. just glad they put a front facing camera only but THEY STILL NEED SD CARD slot. And what's the point when you already have a camera on your phone? it's just plan stupid if you ask me
27. AeroPrime posted on 21 Jul 2012, 09:03 0 0
Actually i Agree with asus... the Last time i saw a kid holding a tablet and taking pics at starbucks was pretty pretty weird... its like holding a giant slate camera....just to take a close up picture.
28. thebest posted on 21 Jul 2012, 12:16 0 0
i think they should have sold a 3g version of this tablet with a small hd camera for $299
29. riyazgsaiyed posted on 22 Apr 2013, 08:05 0 0
by heavens lord, what is the definition of user experience, i just dont understand why we use tablet actually, lot of people would like it for entertainment and socializing, others like basic users and professional to store information and ideas in image and written form. now think this without a decent camera. lost..
I have seen some comment above, but guys people just dont use camera to take their own pics or their friends, there are also other use to it.