Apple may be about to double its marketing team
1. willard12 (Posts: 375; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
They may want to consider increasing their R&D team and reducing their legal team.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2442; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
May want to consider more original comments.
6. willard12 (Posts: 375; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Sorry, it's not as original of a comment as "apple, shut up and take my money." Hell, it may not be as original as the rounded corner, slide to unlock, or the innovative fingerprint scanner. But, since originality isn't exactly stopping Apple from taking your money, it didn't stop my comment either.
2. E.N. (Posts: 2216; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Samsung's marketing budget totaled $400 million while Apple totaled $333 million so its possible that as of now Apple is spending less than Samsung and maybe even Google (if $500 million is true)
3. Commentator (Posts: 1869; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Apple's ad budget for 2012 was around $1 billion. Is $333 million from the most recent quarter or something?
8. E.N. (Posts: 2216; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I'm going from 2012 US advertising expenses, couldn't find global stats
10. Commentator (Posts: 1869; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Oh that's US specific ad budget.
Well, that would explain why Apple "oddly" hasn't been losing ground in the U.S. A full 1/3 of their advertising budget is being spent here.
I was citing this report:
For the record, Samsung spent $4 billion on advertising in 2012.
5. amiaq (Posts: 311; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
\"although oddly, not in the US\". No, it is not odd, there are more STARBUCKs in the U.S than anywhere else in the world. That\'s not include other coffee franchise and individually own coffee shop. That\'s the stronghold of Apple\'s followers.
9. vincelongman (Posts: 351; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Smart move, marketing is the main reason why Apple and Samsung sell the majority of smartphones
11. maseholic (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
Apple doesn't need the marketing team, they need to cut the iphone price ;)
12. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1522; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This means Apple products would be more costlier than now. iPhone lovers get ready with more extra cash than thought.
14. jbash (Posts: 339; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
\"Would be more costly\" or \"would be costlier\"
Either way you\'re right. The price of their products compared to similar spec\'d competitors are outrageous.
15. jbash (Posts: 339; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
Phonearena why do backslashes show up when using quotations or apostrophes?