A whole series of deadly stories kicked off this past July when a flight attendant was supposedly killed from a shock that was emitted from her Apple iPhone 5 while it was being charged. The phone rang and 23 year-old Ma Ai Lun died when she answered the call. Since then, a number of gruesome incidents took place, including one involving a shock that was released from an 8 year old's Apple iPad. The girl's father was on the receiving end of that jolt which sent him hurdling across the room.
Considering that most of the incidents involved a third party charger, Apple took great pains to educate iDevice owners about the differences between third party and original equipment. Apple even offered a discounted Apple made charger for just $10, to those trading in a third party unit.
As it turns out, in the latest story, the deceased was apparently talking on the device while it was plugged in. Pictures of the equipment involved in the electrocution show that the charger was a blue colored model, not the official white charger that comes in the box with the phone. Once again, it looks like a third party charger is to blame, but this might not be enough to cool off a nervous public in the region, one that might decide not to tempt fate regardless of who manufactured the charger.
This Apple iPhone 4s and third party charger are allegedly to blame for the electrocution death of a Thai man
source: DailyNews (translated) via MacRumors