Electricity from Apple iPhone shocks Australian woman, leaving her hospitalized99+
Now it is the authorities in Australia who are warning Apple iPhone users after a shock from the device sent a young Sydney woman to the hospital. The victim, in her 20's, was taken to the Royal North Shore Hospital where she now is listed in stable condition. Officials at the ambulance service noted that they received 232 calls about mobile phone shocks in the first half of this year and reminded cell phone users to take precautions with their phone's electrical connection.
Noting that something like dust could cause a short circuit that could lead to a fatality, the ambulance spokesman suggested that dusty appliances should be vacuumed. Ambulance inspector John Brotherhood said, "It takes only a small shock to interfere with your heart. Basically, if the jolt moves you, if it takes your breath away or if it's at all a cause for concern, you need to get it checked out."
source: DailyMail via IBT