Android users more likely to get lucky on the first date
The study was conducted by Zoomerang on users of the dating site Match.com. They found that 62 percent of Android users got their freak on during the first date, while iPhone users trailed at 57%, and BlackBerry users failed to hook up on more than half of their first dates (48%).
Interestingly, BlackBerry users were the most likely to drink on their first date – 72% of BlackBerry owners admitted to imbibing on initial romantic forays. Perhaps that explains this headline from last year? Another study found that BlackBerry owners made more money, so it's possible they can simply afford to buy drinks more often. Or perhaps they turn to alcohol more quickly when it became clear that their dates weren’t progressing at the same rate as their iPhone and Android brethren.
It’s important to note that these statistics are correlative, not causal. If you aren’t finding the success you hoped for through a dating site, ditching your BlackBerry Torch for a Galaxy Nexus won't actually improve your odds of first-date nookie.
All fun aside, the survey also provides a handy warning – whatever smartphone you’re rocking, remember to pry your attention away from it during a date – it turns out people don’t like to be ignored, regardless of what mobile operating system you use.
source: Canada.com via Android Authority
1. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
I own an Android....heres to hoping the Tmobile girl does to??
30. AndroidTroll (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
These percentages seem awfully high. Basically, more than half of people have sex on the first date? Might be fun, but definitely not a wise choice. You should spend some time getting to know each other and making sure they don't have AIDS
43. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
This study is retarded. A few months ago, an article was released that stated "girls with iPhones are twice as likely to sleep with you on the first date when compared to Android". These studies don't mean anything...
44. tedkord (Posts: 5077; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The two studies mesh perfectly. Men with android would obviously be more manly and virile, while women who settle for an iPhone would be unintelligent, and therefore have lower self esteem and look for attention any way possible, ie. be easy.
Just kidding, before anyone rages. These studies are complete hogwash.
36. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Wow, I knew it! I met this chick with an iPhone 4, and she was having problems with autocorrect and said she hated the thing. I told her I had an android, and she said lucky, and then we banged. Well, I named my hand after her, and we banged.... Same thing............. True story, btw.
23. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Giggity giggity giggity goo! *Thurst pelvis*
4. FAW-Q (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)
It's suprising that anyone who is desperate enough to use Match.com is even getting laid.
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is true considering that most Androids are geeks and relay on a online dating site.. while iphone users.. use bars...
9. -box- (Posts: 3853; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
and then promptly lose unreleased prototypes while drowning themselves in their sorrows
20. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
lol i was going to post something similar but ya beat me to it. *high five*
14. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Well online dating is getting me laid ;) and with no premium to pay I get more coin to spend on girls
24. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Here's a rude awakening for you, a couple guy friends of mine and I were at this club a couple of months ago (one of them owned an iPhone), us droid owners only got 2-3 numbers from girls, surprisingly the one with the iPhone got hit alot while we're there, more than us droid owners. But the sad thing about it is that he got hit on by *** guys.
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5632; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Android users are just coincidentally sexy beasts. xD
31. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Add to that most iPhone users are girl and gurl !
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1366; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Girls love android , they think you are smart ,.........
10. jove39 (Posts: 1315; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
So what are the odds of android folks hooking up with tmobile lady...is their any survey for that :)
13. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
lol i posted something on the tmobile lady and got a thumbs down
you have my vote! shes a good looking women!
11. buggerrer (Posts: 288; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
I'm an Android user .. and i'm still virgin :(
16. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Yea but I bet your hand isn't lol haha :p
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
That sucks bud. But don't give up and you will get some loving. Just add some more effort. Propose it to your your GF
22. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
Better get on Match.com then apparently!
But no, go out and mingle. It's easy!
12. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Well when a guy has an Android phone the lady knows he's packing some serious power under the hood. Capable of customizing his appearance rather well and just enjoys being a free spirit and not some stiff in a suit.
19. rsiders (Posts: 284; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
This is hilarious and so out of left field. I'm married and own a Windows Phone device so that must mean my marriage will last forever.lol Love statistics.
21. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
well i met my girlfriend on facebook through my phone 11 months ago so yeah ANDROID
28. jbash (Posts: 342; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
My bright pink Motorola Razor got me my woman, lol. Who says you need a phone with apps to get laid.
32. tedkord (Posts: 5077; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm glad it worked out for you. As an Eagles fan, you have enough disappointment in your life.
37. jbash (Posts: 342; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
tell me about it. the eagles are the epitome of blue balls, they get you so close and then leave you hanging high and dry asking yourself wtf just happened
33. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
maybe it is because the size of the samsung screen that impresses a lot compared to the tiny iphne
35. lanka93 (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
Overcompensating mate? ;)
(Btw, i use an S2 and yes, i'm aware of the irony in my comment.)
40. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
With a plastic nutsack hanging off of the rear bumper?
42. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
incase i ever run out of somthing to talk about with a girl ( very rare) i usually show them some silly random app on my phone nd bam! in the game again lol
47. cupcake (Posts: 106; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
most iphone users are hipster posers. android is more unique because there are so many types