Alleged Sony Xperia ZU phablet screenshots reveal more icon columns
1. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I'm sorry...but this news reminds of revelations from apple camp when they added some basic functionality to ios.
5. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
No, this news should remind you of iPA. As has been said by developers and insiders, this was a very early build. The one that will come with the phone will be much improved.
11. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
finally ...a near-7" tablet from Sony
29. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Just like you sue your wife "SweetPotato"
2. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Does it sport the same crappy tft lcd as the xperia z?
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Umm it's a screenshot, sony ui menu page are always greyish...
6. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
How many times do I have to say that even many amoleds and IPS use tft... And the Z was a screen lottery? If you want to ignore the overwhelming evidence, it's up to you.
Both ways, the Z screen was improved in a firmware update anyway, proving initial guesses that software was to blame too.
8. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Xperia Z screen is TFT right?
Then what's your argument here?
If you think it's just as good as IPS then feel free, if that'll make you happy
17. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
tft is an older piece of technology...ips-lcd is much better
look at iphones or htc's
sony always suffers from poor viewing angles, brigthness, etc.
18. buccob (Posts: 2481; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
poor viewing angles yes, brightness no...
My Xperia Acro S screen is absolutely gorgeous ar only 340ppi
Of course I have to view it perpendicularly.. which never bothers me
20. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
It is. These guys are just trolls, don't mind them.
26. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Kid you have the most meaningful comments here!
9. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Sony should give more attention to screens on their mobile devices. Sony even makes one of the best tv's before and up till now and yet they can't improve the screen on their xperia? I wonder why
10. istitch (Posts: 181; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
because you have started judging the device even before you have seen it yourself
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I personally have already seen an xperia z, it's screen is nice but when you compare it side by side to its competitors, that's when you'll see their differences. Don't get me wrong,I'm not bashing Sony. I'm still enjoying my 14 yr old Sony trinitron tv
27. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Sony Mobile is a different division. And FYI, the screens they used in their mobile phones is from a different company, "Sharp" if I'm not mistaken.
16. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Then don't look talk bout it if u hate the screen.
4. smallworld (Posts: 483; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
And I'm glad they finally ditched the app drawer button. It was not fitting with the rest and was the same since gingerbread
7. mohann (Posts: 10; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
where is quick settings in the notification bar?? is that phablet coming with 4.1 onboard?? WTH!!
14. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I like the density they use, everything looks small and professional, not like the Note 2 where everything is blown up and makes it look like a kids phone or something for people with bad sight. I hope Samsung gives this type of density to the Note 3!!
24. Feanor (Posts: 650; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Excellent comment. This really makes a difference and shows that they took care of the product. If the specs are also confirmed, then it is apparent that Sony means business. Also I have noticed that the last couple of weeks they are churning out loads of updates (ok, some admittedly long overdue) which means that they seem to be finally targeting all the problems they've been critisized for. E.g. it seems that the ZU will likely be the first product to sport the Snapdragon 800, whereas the ZL has just received its 4.2.2 update, quite ahead of the HTC One for an example. Most likely the Z will follow suit being pretty much the same phone. Well done Sony.
15. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
5 days away!
23. cGmC11 (Posts: 136; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
With that icon columns it will have 2560x1600 screen resolution, back in 2011 JDI unveils 6.1 with the same resolution.
28. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Then you must be a kid. You like Cartoon UI right?