Alleged Samsung Galaxy S4 Active photos show rugged yet slim chassis
1. the_s2 (Posts: 239; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
This is a lot more sexier than the OG GS4!! Metal!!! I wish the hardware buttons were replaced with capacitive ones! Lets go for this one guys!
3. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I agree the design looks really good mainly just cuz of the red colour at the back but it really does look better then the normal S4.
66. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Dont expect too much of red color, gsmarena said this is the orange variant maybe the camera used to take this photos has bad color reproduction :)
Anyway blue is also expected to arrive
4. Captain_Doug (Posts: 990; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
My thoughts exactly. Great internals with better build quality.
60. MariaGabriela (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
i love htc quality inside and out and phones. but i must admit that this is the first Samsung phone that i would buy. that is the best Samsung phone to date. all other Samsung phones in the past are like a 99 cent calculator from the 99 cent store.
13. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yeah the red and black stripes make it look even more amazing
17. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
WHOOOOO BREAKING NEWS..
THIS IS FULL METAL BODY :D :D
Noo more ugly plastic comments :D
22. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
They still have bullets left:
Lags: oops the updated software has no lags (androidcentral forums)
Cartoonish UI: Home launchers
Internal Space: wait for the software optimization
Lowlight shots: Use night mode
Gimmicky features: turn them off
35. hiphop (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Night mode can deliver better results. You can also downscale the picture to remove noise through photoshop and the likes
You forgot to mention another bullet: Samsung still doesn't have OIS and what's your immediate solution for that?
37. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
please enlighten us with this --> Lags: oops the updated software has no lags (androidcentral forums)
because in XDA, even with the latest update, it can't even keep up with the smoothness of HTC One
42. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Ahh okay, but i am lazy to look for the androidcentral forum link.. just google it at&t and sprint updates.. i am aware that sense5 is smoother
The sites you have provided did not mention any software updates, and some users there have no lags
44. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
does anyone know if this will have android development for it in XDA ?
and will it be also updated when the normal GS4 be updated ?
and does it have a removable battery ? ( which i dont think it does )
if it have all of the above... I AM SO GETTING IT !
49. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
did you even read the whole thread through?
76. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
METAL body and WATER RESISTANCE?
Looks like samsung's trying to hit two birds with one stone.
31. sapibuntinx (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 May 2013)
it's bcoz chris bangle has joined samsung...
40. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 519; Member since: 07 May 2012)
not a big fan of hardware buttons,but this does look better than the original galaxy s 4
45. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 519; Member since: 07 May 2012)
not a big fan of hardware buttons,but this does look better than the original galaxy s 4
46. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Samsung G Active design is millions of light years better than GS4.
Sammy u impress me this time. great work. Now dad can upgrade to Samsung Galaxy Active in at&t, not GS4
70. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
This should be what the S4 looks like. I'm not a Samsung fan, but for this one, I say it looks so sexy! Looks like Aventador-inspired design!
2. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
That one does look a Hell lot better than the original crappy plastic S4.
5. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
So samsung know beautiful designs.. ;)
Admit it THIS IS HOT ..
8. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
The back looks much better. Looks good in red!
65. dynamo.one (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
this is stunning! hope snapdragon 600 is inside!!
69. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
it still have same design like GS4 and other Galaxy
but the back cover looks much better than the other Galaxy family
6. Kurai (unregistered)
i imagine samsung saying this:
"Let's make the s4's capacitive buttons physical buttons and make it water proof then call it active. they'll buy it anyway".
15. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
I think they put physical buttons on it for better control underwater. Or i could be wrong just a hunch
28. buccob (Posts: 2523; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Well.. Sony is the one holding the technology for Wet Touching screen... which means that a sony waterproof phone can be operated while its screen is wet (but not submerged... and only thin wet, not with big drops) anyway... I think that Samsung still wanted its phone to be able to operate even with wet fingers... so Physical Buttons + Hover move makes this a possibility...
At least till they extend the usability of hover mode
71. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Oh, this is actually sexy. You could say that for the S4. But this looks great.
-Comes from an HTC fan-
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The back looks blazing hot but the front....no
9. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
I like original button then capacitive.
During in bed time..capacitive buttons by misteknly pressed up.
So this is a good option.
Yea this is a ALL ROUNDER Phone.
10. hung2900 (Posts: 951; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Wao. Why is not this one the main product line for Galaxy S4?
11. Suraj3337 (Posts: 45; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
is it possible to add a sd card to this version??
14. galaxymega6.3 (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 May 2013)
now thats what i call innvation
16. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Thats a nice improvement for Sammy designs but those buttons made the front part ugly :(
20. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Flaws: the buttons are somewhat oldies and the bezels are not as thin as the original.
Anyway, it looks good. But if the original galaxy s4 doesn't resemble the design language of most galaxies, then the galaxy s4 is more stunning for me.
Question? Sd card? Replaceable batt?
21. Diego! (Posts: 555; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
The back in red looks stunning! I don't know why they changed the buttons in the front and got rid of the capacitive ones... But overall this is a step in the right direction. Bring it on Sammy! :D
23. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
The S4 should have looked like this all along.
24. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh my god, Samsung finally did it! They finally made a sexy phone!
Nobody can say CHEAP PLASTIC to Samsung any more! Bring it on Samsung! :)
25. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
one phone doesnt change the fact there other flagship is still plastic. but the fact was the plastic wasnt the main issue the poor build quality was.
real question is why wasnt the s4 like this, its a much better looker all round
only reall answer-samsung wanted to squeeze more out of there range
30. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah I agree with you, why wasn't the S4 look like this? This design looks more premium and sexier than the S4!
32. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I like the back but the front buttons look ugly imo the front of the original s4 looks cleaner.
34. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
But imo, the front buttons look okay to me.
36. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I think for me the buttons look it but old style ie from like 10 years ago but I do like the idea of all physical buttons..
73. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Still so many moronic haters. If the phone had cheap build quality then no one would buy it..... Marketing only goes so far. For example, you can't market a fisher price toy as a luxury item. It just doesn't work.
Only conclusion I can reach is that you are an idiotic hater. The GS4 has anything but poor build quality. In fact, it is a lot more well made than most. It doesn't have gaps all over the place or dust entering the FFC for example. Plus it runs cool. Great engineering is more like it.
41. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
your phone looks better than this
26. aryanfr1 (Posts: 120; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
has anybody noticed it has the dpi of 480 that is even better than htc one making it the best display in whole world
50. Diego! (Posts: 555; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
No! Samsung Galaxy S4 also has 480DPI, it's dot per inch! Which has nothing to do with PPI = Pixels per inch. Both are the same 480DPI / 441PPI :)
74. xwilx (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 May 2013)
No they are NOT the same. HTC one boasts 468 ppi
75. xwilx (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Dpi is not ppi. HTC one has a much sharper and colorful screen with much higher pixel density at 468 ppi
27. nvrhde (Posts: 77; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
I don't want the s4 I want the 920,
But wait ....
33. saenaedewe (Posts: 71; Member since: 01 May 2013)
Can I exchange the original GS4 that I have with this one... please...
38. anjel1708 (Posts: 27; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
Why would they not lead with this model? If that were the case I would have really considered the S4. I ended up getting the HTC One (Which I love). I guess I am just confused why release this model this close to the OGS4? This will make those owners mad because this is what they wanted.
43. KingKai (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
finally...a new design from samsung..i think people should stop buying original S4 and start buying this so that samsung won't go for that same design again
47. steelicon (Posts: 317; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
I'll just leave this here:
53. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
What about that?!