AT&T now offering the HTC One X
The camera on the HTC One X has already been well received by those who had received their phone a few days earlier than expected. Android 4.0 is installed out of the box with Sense 4.0 running on top.
Already we have had a minor controversy as the AT&T version of the HTC One X comes with a locked bootloader. The Taiwan based manufacturer says that sometimes there are restrictions that prevent an HTC phone from having its bootloader unlocked. By using the word "restrictions," HTC is believed to be pointing at AT&T.
1. medicci37 (Posts: 1126; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Would be a great deal, if I didn't have to sign with At&t to get it.
2. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
HTC One X the only phone that made me love Android. Great phone, I would definitely recommend it over Samsung Galaxy 3. However users should get the battery updates.
4. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I jus hate that it only has 16 gigs of storage, and no expansion... That sucks, cuz only 13 is available to the user.
6. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, HTC messed up there. But at least they gave us 25 gigs of Dropbox, though not really useful for people who are against Cloud storage. But the EVO LTE will have expansion :)
8. hung2900 (Posts: 891; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Dropbox can only sync images/videos from your phone, not apps
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Isn't that all you really need to store? I don't think you'll take up 16 GB of storage with just apps.
19. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Not true - get rooted and get Titanium Backup, and you can sync a backup of apps and data to Dropbox.
24. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
They sync all data besides apps.
How are you going to install 12 GB of app data to your phone?!
3. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Note: One X $549 no commitment price, cheaper that T-mobile One S ($599). I don't get it, Magenta what's up with you? :(
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They're losing customers, which means losing money. They need that extra $50. That's why I'm jumping ship as soon as my contract runs out.
10. sprockkets (Posts: 1590; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That's ebay, we're talking directly from the T-Mobile site
29. sprockkets (Posts: 1590; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
So? What you expect them to do, not charge as much as possible for early adapters and fudge the after rebate price to look good at $200? Amazon has it for $550.
9. Iphone4 (unregistered)
i Still think S3 will beat every phone apart from Iphone 5 or what ever apple come up with because apple fans. HTc One x is out and alredy drop in price so much. you can get it free with two year contract with just £21 a month in the uk. i got iphone 4 and Galaxy ace love them both i realy wanted S3 but after looking at phone i wll wait for Note 2.
12. johamsandwich (Posts: 31; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
Less than a day till I can preorder my EVO! YUSSS.
13. sinfiery (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I would be doing the same, but now that the bootloader may not be easily unlockable, I am going to wait until more info comes out about the sprint variant's bootloader before moving forward.
21. johamsandwich (Posts: 31; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
I'm worried about this too, but I have a HTC Hero I'm just excited that I will finally have a high-end phone.
14. dodo1234 (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Nothing can compete with S3 or the padfone. Both have umatched performance and new capabilities.
15. twens (Posts: 849; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
What is the huge difference between iphone 4 n 4s? Why are you guys expecting a massive upgrade from s3? You can go ahead and buy this htc but please allow us to buy and enjoy our galaxy s3. Atleast we know our phone packs the fastest processor,battery and properbly a better camera than your htc. If you design looks better than ours you can eat your phone.
25. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Why do you care so much?
I have no dog in this race, my upgrade is still 12 months out. I'd probably take this phone if it had microSD.
But why would you care?
16. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
HTC One X is a best phone for Galaxy S3 haters. HTC One X has no removable battery and no microSD slot if your battery have a short life or dead you have to buy a new phone with your own cash or a buy replacement warranty with this phone.
23. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Christ, you're an idiot.
No removable battery doesn't mean that you can't change it at all. If your phone is out of warranty then you can use a plastic spudger to open up the phone, then replace the battery.
20. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
'bootloader is code that is executed before any Operating System starts to run'
26. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
are you guys blind or something. Samsung galaxy s3 is better than this. Galaxy s3 didn't live up to the over hyped expectation but that doesn't make bad. S3 isn't even the final version. It has 128gb of memory vs 13gb. I am a lg and sony fan not samsung's but the galaxy s3 is not that bad.
27. wendygarett (unregistered)
Im not in U.S. but I have some question...
Can I buy sprint phone with AT&T microSIM??
28. Crossblade (Posts: 194; Member since: 21 Apr 2005)
Sprint phones are CDMA (+LTE) and cannot work on AT&T's network (GSM+UMTS/HSDPA+LTE).
As you are not in the States, you should probably buy the global version of the One X (GSM+UMTS/HSDPA)