AT&T CEO: it is "too early" to talk about charging for FaceTime over Cellular
1. yougotkilled1 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 00:03 4 0
Mind as well Skype video call instead if this is true.
2. theCatholicRebel posted on 18 Jul 2012, 00:07 9 0
We already pay for the data plan... why the hell should we pay more on top of that?
4. Droid_X_Doug posted on 18 Jul 2012, 00:54 5 1
"why the hell should we pay more on top of that?"
Because AT&T is a pig? Got to cover the T-Mo break-up fee somehow.
3. codymws posted on 18 Jul 2012, 00:49 2 0
I doubt Apple will let them charge for it. It would push people towards alternatives such as Skype or fring.
5. centuro1911 posted on 18 Jul 2012, 01:08 4 0
Next they're going to charge you when you turn your phone on. And every time you pull it out of your pocket.
7. Droid_X_Doug posted on 18 Jul 2012, 03:04 3 0
You neglected to mention the disconnect fee that will apply when you turn your phone off. It takes resources to manage all of those simultaneous disconnects.
6. taco50 (banned) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 02:29 3 0
You're already paying for the data so it's bs to double charge you basically
10. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 18 Jul 2012, 13:04 0 0
Exactly! It's just another BIG corporation raping their customers for no reason. So it's double data charge when doing Face Time. REAL SMOOTH AT&T, REAL SMOOTH! :-(
8. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2012, 07:23 1 0
"It's too early" is another way of saying "it's coming, get ready."
9. dcgore posted on 18 Jul 2012, 07:33 2 0
I don't think this is going to fly, people will NOT let this happen. If i were at&t i'd be smart and say, think of how many people will go over their data limit by using facetime. Most likely bringing more money in than by charging a fee and people opting for going to starbucks or something to get wifi.
11. aikonix posted on 18 Jul 2012, 21:29 0 0
so all these people who are saying "dont do it" or "we already pay for data!!" like seriously?!? a business will do what people demand and put a pricetag on that and people will pay. Mobile Hotspot for example, the phone comes with it as a default feature, the carriers see it as a money maker and slap a price tag on it and also as consumers dont realize that u can just go to the playstore and download Foxfi for free w/ NO ROOTING and still wireless tether for free! Carriers WILL charge a fee to run facetime over 3g/4g as it is made for a wifi feature.