Recently we told you about a pair of Apple iPhone 4S units
that suffered from spontaneous combustion
. And with Apple's legal team alleging that the Korean based manufacturer has been copying Apple's designs for its own products, it is an amazing coincidence that a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
literally exploded in a man's pocket. The man felt a burning sensation down his leg and when he reached to pullout his phone he smelled something burning. And in his hand was one literally hot handset.
Yes, Samsung was hoping that the model would explode in the U.S. and become a hot product, but not exactly like this. And perhaps the Korean based manufacturer had an idea that something like this could happen when it tacked on "Skyrocket" to the name of the phone
. The charred model was a variant of the hugely successful Samsung Galaxy S II that is enabled for AT&T's fledging LTE network.
This Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket exploaded in the user's pocket