Red Samsung Galaxy S III now available in the U.K.

Red Samsung Galaxy S III now available in the U.K.
Last week, we told you about the South Korean invasion by the Pink Martian colored version of the Samsung Galaxy S III. Considering that 6% of the population in Sammy's home country already owns the device, a color change was probably the less costliest thing that the manufacturer could do to get some of the remaining 94% of the South Korean population to reach for their wallet. It's a great strategy for Samsung, especially as we approach the holiday season. And without being sexist, let's just say that the pink color was a great choice as smartphone savvy women in the country will probably have the phone on their list for Santa Claus.

The Samsung Galaxy S III in red is now available in the U.K.

The Samsung Galaxy S III in red is now available in the U.K.

We're not sure what percentage of the U.K. population owns the Samsung Galaxy S III, but whatever the figure is, Samsung wants more. So right now, U.K. retailer Expansys has available the 16GB red version of the phone along with pebble blue model for £429.99, which translates into $694.18 U.S. dollars. This is £100 less than the price at launch. Keep in mind that this is the international model of the phone which means the quad-core 1.4GHz Exynos processor is powering the device and 1GB of RAM is on board instead of the dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 and 2GB of RAM found on the U.S. version of the phone.

You might recall that AT&T at one point was the only place to get the red version of the handset, which was offered as something of a consolation prize to the carrier's customers who were not given an opportunity to buy the 32GB model of the device that the other major U.S. carriers were offering.

source: Expansys via AndroidCentral

Related phones

Galaxy S III
  • Display 4.8" 720 x 1280 pixels
  • Camera 8 MP / 1.9 MP front
  • Processor Samsung Exynos 4 Quad, Quad-core, 1400 MHz
  • Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
  • Battery 2100 mAh(11.60h 3G talk time)

FEATURED VIDEO

4 Comments

1. Nematc

Posts: 28; Member since: Feb 02, 2012

Better release in China

2. ahmed_ali_yossef2010

Posts: 164; Member since: Jul 26, 2012

that's ugly

4. Seymur unregistered

you need to cover S3, so it's useles and looks not cool.

5. Nadr1212

Posts: 741; Member since: Sep 22, 2012

Can't decide between the red or garnet red colored on the galaxy s3, oh wait, I just did :|

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.