Monster Hunter: Stories lands on Android and iOS devices
Monster Hunter: Stories, a game that's been initially launched on the Nintendo 3DS, is now available in the App Store and Google Play Store for no less than $19.99. The good news is the game doesn't feature any in-app purchases whatsoever, and there's also a demo version that you can try out before buying it. If you plan to buy Monster Hunter: Stories, there are a couple of things you should know:
- This app features the same story as the handheld console version.
- Several handheld console features, such as certain collaboration contents, amiibo features, local Network Battles, and StreetPass, are NOT available in this version.
- Deleting this app will also erase any stored save data.
- This app can only be downloaded with a Wi-Fi connection.
- Battle Party QR codes from the Japanese version will not work in this version.
Also, if you're looking to jump directly in the multiplayer after starting the game, you'll find that it's unavailable until a certain amount of story progress. Make sure that you play in an area with a good connection though if you want a smooth online experience.