"Google Edition" of HTC One, running Android 4.3., visits Bluetooth SIG
So why would a device already approved for Bluetooth need to go through the whole certification process again? It could simply be due to the Android 4.3 update which will add Bluetooth 4.0 LE support. This is the Low Energy version of Bluetooth that allows a phone to sync with accessories like heart rate monitors, thermometers and other similar monitors.
Keep in mind that Android 4.3 has not been officially announced by Google, but we could see it rolled out sometime later this month for Google Edition and Nexus devices with a possible refresh version of the Google Nexus 7 tablet, recently seen by the FCC, also getting unveiled.
source: BluetoothSIG via Techtastic, AndroidAuthority
- Display 4.7" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 4 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, Quad-core, 1700 MHz
- Storage 64 GB
- Battery 2300 mAh(18h 3G talk time)
Posts: 19; Member since: Jul 07, 2013
posted on Jul 07, 2013, 8:29 PM 3
Posts: 2236; Member since: Jun 14, 2013
posted on Jul 07, 2013, 8:38 PM 4
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):