Debate: What's your favorite phone brand? Why?

Join the discussion
MsPooks
MsPooks
Original poster
• 9mo ago

Samsung. Quality, features, style.

• 9mo ago

Right now, I really like what Oppo has been up to. Both the Find X6 Pro and Find N2 are really appealing devices. An awesome and stylish design and great advancements in camera tech, as well as a nice compact foldable with great battery life.

Asus has been on fire too with the Zenfone 10 and the ROG Phone 7 series. Keeping the 3.5mm jack alive with great specs, price, designs. I just wish they had micro SD card slots.

And Sony finally seemed to have brought their A game to the Xperia 1 V. They managed to get some good and more importantly, easy to use camera software on their phone that pairs with that hardware. I'll be looking forward to seeing what concessions they make on the Xperia 5 V, even though that name is so silly.

• 9mo ago

This may come as a shocker for those that follow my posts, but Huawei. They've always had the best cameras, and that's important to me. And they've always had a little extra in the software department. Like their video editor is pretty much capcut. The only negative lately software side is they no longer do app drawer and I do wish they'd bring that back.

I really like the fold out design of the Xs2 better than the Fold In design of my Samsung Fold 4. The current phones I have are the Xs2, the Fold 4, and the S22Ultra (which I still call the note).

The biggest gripes people have with Huawei is 4G and no Google. I completely get that. Not many people carry two phones all the time (one for work, one for personal). I keep google things on my Samsung. With Petal Search, Huawei has overcome not having the Google Play store for the most part because almost all apps that aren't google are on there.

As far as 4G vs 5G, I've said for years I do not care about 5G. I honestly can't tell a difference between my Samsung or Huawei when watching youtube or surfing the net. I don't really online game on my phone, so maybe that would be different.

Finally, the charging on the Huawei is ridiculously fast. I feel like I usually charge my phone for 20 to 30 minutes when I wake up in the morning, and another 15 to 25 minutes at night when I get home.

• 9mo ago
↵ECPirate37 said:

This may come as a shocker for those that follow my posts, but Huawei. They've always had the best cameras, and that's important to me. And they've always had a little extra in the software department. Like their video editor is pretty much capcut. The only negative lately software side is they no longer do app drawer and I do wish they'd bring that back.

I really like the fold out design of the Xs2 better than the Fold In design of my Samsung Fold 4. The current phones I have are the Xs2, the Fold 4, and the S22Ultra (which I still call the note).

The biggest gripes people have with Huawei is 4G and no Google. I completely get that. Not many people carry two phones all the time (one for work, one for personal). I keep google things on my Samsung. With Petal Search, Huawei has overcome not having the Google Play store for the most part because almost all apps that aren't google are on there.

As far as 4G vs 5G, I've said for years I do not care about 5G. I honestly can't tell a difference between my Samsung or Huawei when watching youtube or surfing the net. I don't really online game on my phone, so maybe that would be different.

Finally, the charging on the Huawei is ridiculously fast. I feel like I usually charge my phone for 20 to 30 minutes when I wake up in the morning, and another 15 to 25 minutes at night when I get home.

I agree they have innovated so much night time photography, triple camera set up, wireless charging etc

• 9mo agoedited

Before 2007 it would have been Motorola. From the StarTAC to the RAZR, they were always top of my list. Then came iPhone and I haven't looked back since. Apple has been the most consistant and most reliable, from hardware to software. When I pick up anything else it just seem like rental car territory to me.

Sure, I've tried other brands along the way out of curiosity but they all feel like second choices - still.

• 9mo ago

Based on numbers, it's a tie between Google and Samsung followed closely by Motorola.

Since Samsung phones don't do dual SIM well, currently my favorite brand is Google. My Motos don't do dual SIM at all

• 9mo ago

Google. I have been an strict Apple user since the iPhone 4 and I can't wait to switch. I am tired of the same boring phone every year. Apple no longer innovates they just keep making minor changes to the current handset. Also not a fan of how they make it impossible for anything else to join their ecosystem and their prices are a joke. I am holding out for the Pixel 8 Pro and cannot wait to join the green side.

• 9mo ago

I will buy from any manufacturer who makes a phone with a compact screen. So right now, Samsung, pixel a series, and zenfone.

• 9mo ago

Samsung. Battery life, performance, build quality and Samsung ecosystem.

• 9mo ago
↵OSSOLAB said:

Google. I have been an strict Apple user since the iPhone 4 and I can't wait to switch. I am tired of the same boring phone every year. Apple no longer innovates they just keep making minor changes to the current handset. Also not a fan of how they make it impossible for anything else to join their ecosystem and their prices are a joke. I am holding out for the Pixel 8 Pro and cannot wait to join the green side.

You won't stay gone long. :)

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless