Debate: Do you think the new Galaxy Z 5 series is a disappointment? Why?

Join the discussion
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago

Let me kick this one off. Personally, I think that there's no point whatsoever to the existence of the Galaxy Z Fold 5. The new Flip can be justified to some extent, mainly due to its cover screen. Prove me wrong! :)

• 9mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Let me kick this one off. Personally, I think that there's no point whatsoever to the existence of the Galaxy Z Fold 5. The new Flip can be justified to some extent, mainly due to its cover screen. Prove me wrong! :)

New hinge design and possibly more durability. I think those are enough to justify it's existence - I mean you all at PA defend Apple and their annual "upgrades" all the time, why are you questioning the existence of the Fold?

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago
↵cactuarknight said:

New hinge design and possibly more durability. I think those are enough to justify it's existence - I mean you all at PA defend Apple and their annual "upgrades" all the time, why are you questioning the existence of the Fold?

Well, I would never defend laziness and a lack of innovation, no matter if it's Samsung, Apple, or Asus, for that matter. Fun story: during our super-secret Fold 5 prebrief, Samsung reps tried to take away our Z Fold 4 sample (we brought it for comparison purposes), mistaking it for the new one. Which speaks volumes.

Side note: Is your nickname related to Final Fantasy in some way? :)

• 9mo ago

Not only this generation, all previous too.

• 9mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Well, I would never defend laziness and a lack of innovation, no matter if it's Samsung, Apple, or Asus, for that matter. Fun story: during our super-secret Fold 5 prebrief, Samsung reps tried to take away our Z Fold 4 sample (we brought it for comparison purposes), mistaking it for the new one. Which speaks volumes.

Side note: Is your nickname related to Final Fantasy in some way? :)

Ahh ok respect you for your unbiased attacks against laziness (I see it all the time, let's not forget Google and their VERY innovative new designs of the Pixel 7s and 6s)

That said, it's interesting you mentioned that story about the Z Fold 4 lol because I read somewhere that Z fold 3 and some reviewer had a similar experience with the Z Fold 4 launch :D

Yeah my nickname is in fact lifted from a side game of the Final Fantasy Series!

Cactuars of course are the little cute Cactoid characters who are often enemies, though sometimes allies.

Iskren Gaidarov
Iskren Gaidarov
Phonearena team
• 9mo ago

Of course, you still have a huge crease, yikes.

• 9mo ago

Well I think it is indeed, because it has the exact same specs, only the CPU is newer, the rest is the same.

• 9mo ago

They’re virtually the exact same phones as the previous ones, the specs are midrange at best, and the cameras are something that are found on entry level devices. Yet for all that, you’re expected to pay a HUGE price premium, all to stare at an ugly crease.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago
↵cactuarknight said:

Ahh ok respect you for your unbiased attacks against laziness (I see it all the time, let's not forget Google and their VERY innovative new designs of the Pixel 7s and 6s)

That said, it's interesting you mentioned that story about the Z Fold 4 lol because I read somewhere that Z fold 3 and some reviewer had a similar experience with the Z Fold 4 launch :D

Yeah my nickname is in fact lifted from a side game of the Final Fantasy Series!

Cactuars of course are the little cute Cactoid characters who are often enemies, though sometimes allies.

I've been an avid FF fan since FF7 (the original, not the Remake) :) I killed millions of cactuars farming FF Mobius (also poured hundreds of dollars into that game), and I also tried Brave Exvius, and Record Keeper as well. There's no time for gaming these days, though...

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago
↵iphoneisboss said:

They’re virtually the exact same phones as the previous ones, the specs are midrange at best, and the cameras are something that are found on entry level devices. Yet for all that, you’re expected to pay a HUGE price premium, all to stare at an ugly crease.

That's a bit harsh :) But I agree. The problem is demand, obviously. Until there are people willing to pay that extra, Samsung (and all others) will stick to the lazy route...

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless