Casio G'zOne Commando User Reviews

Build quality9.8/10
Text input6.3/10
Everyday usage7.5/10

mrmessma
posted on 28 Mar 2012, 12:10 (Posts: 24; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)

Best durable smartphone currently out, aside form Rugby, maybe.

mrmessma has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Good phone. Can be finicky putting in text with stock keyboard, stock android 2.3 keyboard, but it's the worst with swiftkey.

WIth normal use, you can easily get through a day on a charge. WIth turning certain things off, you can get 2.5 days worth of battery.

Camera isn't amazing, but isn't horrible either.

It's tough, that's the bottom line. It's very very waterproof.

Decent speakerphone for playing music and hearing people. Mic during speakerphone is so so.

bakerb
posted on 26 Mar 2012, 15:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)

proof of toughness:

bakerb has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I left the phone on the top of my car, accelerated to approx 40-45 mph when I heard a bump. My phone flew off the top of my car. I turned around to look for it only to find my girlfriend calling me. Everything works fine on the phone! A little road rash on the sides but hot damn what a tank!

That being said it's certainly not the fastest phone by any means but it is still a smart phone that can do everything other smart phones can just slightly slower and not as responsive as say an IPhone.

if you are forgetful and live an outdoorsy life get the commando.

Iboughtone
posted on 24 Jan 2012, 16:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)

Phone Sucks

Iboughtone has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Im a business owner and a Student I use smart phones for their intened use (email, callenders, Internet, Social networking, Pictures, Phone calls, and other miscellaneous apps). Im not very much into games so i havent installed any and this is what i have noticed with this phone in a short time

the operating system is slow, hard to text with, the G'z gear is a waste of memory space (no Applicable uses, can find better apps to download). the camera is slow (no "in the moment" pictures). doesnt connect to PC, Emails come in spirts all at once, not when they are sent, certain headphones are needed to be able to plug into the jack or sound only comes out of one side, the buttons that is has are hard to use, it constantly freezes for about 15 seconds at a time, Overall if you need a phone that operates as a smart phone i would not sugest this phone,

Although if you just need a phone to talk on and myabe watch YouTube videos while being very rugged, this may be your phone.

Camera 2/10 would be a zero if the site let me
Text input 2/10 would be azero if this site let me

Pros

• its toughand looks Awesome

Cons

• hard to text
  • constantly freezes
  • wont connect to computer
  • camera doesnt zoom or take very good pictures
  • Verizon has Horrible customer service with dealing with phone issues
  • starts Apps by itself, takes battery life
  • Not for business

Iboughtone alternatives:

pegs520
posted on 15 Aug 2011, 20:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)

Definitely love it.

pegs520 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

So far, I love this phone. It feels durable, made of quality products. I've already dropped it 4 times, and it still works without a hitch.

This is my first android phone, so I have no problem at all with the "speed" of the phone. As a lover of live wallpapers and apps galore, I can say with confidence that the speed of this phone is plenty fast enough for the average person.

The downside is the bloatware - specifically, the Bing and VZW crap. The search is alright, but if I could choose (which I should be able to do with an Android), I'd rather have Google as the default search.

The battery is disappointing, but I wasn't expecting much - it's an android phone. I've been downloading, taking pictures, looking at videos, texting, calling, surfing the web today, using live wallpaper, and I still have 25% battery life left - this is 10 hours and 41 minutes since I pulled it from the charger this morning. That's not too bad.

I am really pissed that I didn't get the desktop cradle dock. Much better than plugging the phone in, and kinda helps with the water damage aspect - less use of the charging port means less wear.

If you're looking for top durability only, get one of the other Casio G'zOne phones - like the Brigade, which I used to have. If you're looking for a top Android phone, get the HTC Thunderbolt. If you're looking for a little bit of both, get the Commando.

Build quality 9/10 Feels like quality materials. I'd like the gray plastic to be of slightly better quality, but it's good enough.
Reception 7/10 Could be better, could be worse. Can't complain much.
Call quality 8/10 Good call quality, although I haven't tried on iffy reception.
Internet 9/10 Works great, and I've been using it a lot.
Camera 6/10 Meh camera. They could've done way better.
UI speed 8/10 Fast enough for me.
Everyday usage 10/10 Especially for the clumsy.
Text input 10/10 Really easy. The swipe thing works great.
Display 8/10 Not anything special, looks wise.
Battery 6/10 Battery drains quicker than normal phones - but that's to be expected.

Pros

• G'zGear
  • Durability
  • Android

• Bing
  • Bloatware
  • Desktop Dock Not Included

pegs520 alternatives:

CASIO FAN
posted on 29 Jul 2011, 21:37

I LIKE IT!!!

CASIO FAN has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

No major problems for me. The phone is fast, speaker, call quality, camera, display and all the extras...great. The battery is just like all smartphone batteries. You have to remember its not a laptop. This is my 4th Casio phone I have owned and will stay with Casio. My battery last 2 days with texting, calling, and internet. I'm not a heavy user but a good one. You have to remember to shut your apps off if your not using them. My wife has a Motorola Driod and my Casio holds up just as good if not better.

Pros

• Gz Gear, Rugged, Nice look

Cons

• None yet

Tony
posted on 16 Jun 2011, 01:08

Expected more.

Tony has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

So i got this phone and in a week it had managed to make me want to bring it back to Verizon. I got this phone knowing that it'd be slower then most android phones however this phone was ridiculously slow. My sister has the original Motorola droid and her phone loads faster then mine. her phone is two years older then mine.

The battery life in this phone is terrible which was another point why i would want to bring it back to verizon. It cannot run multiple apps (2-3 background app's) without the battery on the phone being completely drained in a matter of five to six hours from full charge. I have to charge it daily and it is a hassle.

The phone had froze up on me a few times which was part of the pushing point for me, it also did not allow me to facebook account sync my contacts to the phone, this annoyed me quite a bit for allowing the option to add a facebook account but not being able to.

I love how durable this phone is but its not for me. I haven't dropped it or did some crazy test but in the time i've had it i can believe it stands up to what it claims. I would recommend this to someone who wouldn't use this phone often but rather if they used it occasionally throughout the day. I will be exchanging this phone sadly for a Droid incredible 2. But if they revamped this phone and did a major upgrade in speed and other area's i'd have no problem coming back to this phone.

Pros

• Durable
  • Bright Screen
  • G'zGear

Cons

• Plain UI
  • Facebook account Sync doesn't work
  • phones slow
  • Very short battery life
  • 3G Dies.

Tony alternatives: