Verizon Wireless CASIO G'zOne Brigade User Reviews

Battery8.3/10
Display8.7/10
Build quality7.7/10

cajun_Injun
posted on 01 Oct 2011, 20:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)

People with problems of restarts!

cajun_Injun has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I used to have the same issue with random restarts, but I found that if you clean out your messages daily that seems to help. Also shut your phone off at night while it recharges, these phones are basically small computers and need to reset themselves. This has helped mine from having random restarts. Good luck!

Pros

• Size is great and it is tough

Cons

• non

hlove
posted on 10 Apr 2011, 13:05

Worst Phone I've Ever Owned

hlove has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I'm not sure how others have had positive experiences with this phone. I have had mine over a year and it has been nothing but trouble. I am currently on my fourth one of these phones. The first had buttons totally stop working on the keyboard and restarted after sending texts. The second I dropped and the inside screen completely stopped working, therefore not as indestructible as it's advertised, and it restarted itself after sending a text. The third reset itself after sending texts and froze after sending picture messages. My current phone still resets itself after sending texts and freezes after sending picture messages, and now has started resetting itself while I am composing a text. Also each of the four phones have had issues with the sound quality being muffled. I have tried to have Verizon replace it with a different phone, but they refuse and just keep giving me the same phone with the same reoccurring problems. It is awful. I cannot wait till my upgrade.

Build quality 3/10 I've dropped one (of the 4 I've had) and the inside screen stopped working.
Call quality 5/10 The call quality is randomly muffled for both parties of the call.
Everyday usage 1/10 It shuts off randomly after sending texts or in the middle of texting. It rings when it is on "all sounds off". It freezes after sending picture messages.

Pros

• I'm pretty sure if you were being chased by a large animal it would be heavy enough to take out the creature.

Cons

• Not drop-proof, buttons stick, rings when is set on all sounds off, restarts itself after sending texts, restarts itself while composing texts and it freezes after sending picture messages.

Brigade Fan
posted on 31 Mar 2011, 09:54

Powering Down DONT PRESS KEYS AS HARD

Brigade Fan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

People say that the brigade powers down since the keyboad is one whole piece if you press the keys too hard it will press the power button. I have had this phone for like a week and i noticed all the reviews about powering down trust me it is all in how hard you touch the keys. GREAT PHONE

Pros

• Durable
  • Waterproof
  • IT IS A TANK

Cons

• Nothing

andrea cittadini
posted on 14 Oct 2010, 17:02

brigade powering down

This will be my 3rd brigade that randomly shuts down ....any advice ...techs do not have the answers and say they never heard of it happening before ,...but like i said its happened to me ..and i am also seeing alot of people with same issues...seems to happen when in the middle of texting...

Pros

• big keys,load speaker...

Cons

• powering down is a big issue

posted on 07 Oct 2010, 17:39

The "ARMY HUMMER" phone

This the the "army HUMMER".  It is so durable.  I do wish it were smaller so I can carry it in my pocket.  It is very easy to use.  I was going to get the Samsung Intensity II but quickly switched to this phone when I saw it.

Pros

• love it's durability
  • I call it my HUMMER !!!

Cons

• a little too big
  • a little too heavy

mike the plumber
posted on 22 Aug 2010, 16:09

awesome

this phone is so much fun i had a blackberry curve and upgraded to this phone i am still learning how to use it but the best phone i have ever had and ive had alot very easy to use but a little big other than that it is really cool speaker phone is awesome and flashlight is too

Pros

• easy to use speaker phone is awesome

Cons

• a little big

JL.Medina
posted on 28 Jun 2010, 10:12

Brigade

This phone is awesome! sure its not a Droid, but the keyboard is by far the best one I've ever had. The flash light is awesome! I have used it many times. I have a Droid. But, this phone is so much fun. I happen to use the PTT with my kids and co-workers. The quick text shotcut is great and in the perfect position. top left corner as you open the keyboard. Speaker phone is phenomenal! and it makes for a great conversation piece. I HAVE had unfortunetely, the device randomly shut off on me 2 or 3x's. Big turn off for me. But, the features, comfort and quality are so perfect for me, I brush that off. Just hope it doesn't persist to get worse.

- JL.Medina

Pros

• - Keyboard is more than comfy
  • - PTT works perfect
  • - Shortcuts are positioned in perfect areas of the device
  • - Quality is high grade
  • - Nuance speech recognition is surprisingly accurate
  • - Flashlight is bright and convenient
  • - Flip is perfect for watching those Vcast videos
  • - Supports mobile email
  • - Dedicated favorites key. Call your 10 most beloved ones :-)
  • - Dedicated music key
  • - Speaker phone is loud! open OR closed
  • - Best is, it's on the best network America has to offer. Verizon Wireless!

Cons

• - Poor choice of charging port
  • - Random shut offs
  • - Call quality at times is choppy on speaker phone. And yes, it's the phone.

posted on 29 Apr 2010, 20:24

Great Phone!

When my Nokia Twist broke I decided that I wanted a rugged phone. I got the G'zOne Boulder first and really like it except for the texting part so I took it back and exchanged it for this one. I've had the Brigade now for about a month and really like it. It is definitely up to the rugged lifestyle that I lead; working outside in the dust and dirt. I use it's waterproof feature to listen to music and text while in the shower as well. The ruggedness applies to much more than the workplace. It has held up to the shower, me dropping it, and getting greasy and dirty in the shop, and it is still working fine. I would recommend this to anyone that is inherently hard on phones. also the keys are very easy to text with because of the size of the phone. It is for sure not the smallest thing out there but when you feel how solid the thing is, it is a worthy trade-off.

Pros

• Love the flash light
  • Keys are big and easy to text with
  • RUGGED!
  • Long battery life

Cons

• I hate the sound it makes when you turn the speakerphone on, and you can't change it.
  • Pretty big, fills a pocket easily

steven collins
posted on 24 Mar 2010, 06:54

one great phone

this is the best phone verizon has i have had the phone two weeks with no issue i can not find one thing about this phone i do not like so if you need a rugged phone and text alot like i do this is it i would say give this phone a try i love it so far

Pros

• everting

Cons

• have not found any yet