Verizon Wireless Blitz User Reviews

Camera6.5/10

Sabrinaismynamedonotwearitout
posted on 22 Apr 2011, 20:39

2 years and its still ok but i think its time to get a new one

Sabrinaismynamedonotwearitout has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I guess its okay but then again ive had it for more than 2 years now... idk im getting a new phone now and I cant wait! This Blitz was my very first phone ever and I loved it. no cases you can buy but its fine without one. I dont really love it, but its ok. It was great when I bought it though, really.

Internet 4/10 I dont like it, so slow so i just dont use it
Camera 8/10 its ok but i wish u could zoom and no video poo
UI speed 8/10 eh knida slow but when i got it it was super fast i dunno i guess its gettin old.
Display 5/10 The display sometimes stays on overnight so then the battery dies quickly its kinda annoying
Battery 8/10 idk i got some battery probs like when u try to charge it it says its fully charged but it really isnt and it dies really fast.

Rick
posted on 05 Dec 2010, 12:30

The Blitz Was Just Ok

Rick has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I upgraded to this phone because I thought it would be more durable than a Blackberry or something similar and I just wanted a phone I could text with. I found the Blitz to be a square-shaped phone that could do the job. Had no issues with reception or call quality.

Build quality 8/10 The plastic case scuffs and scratches easily.
Reception 10/10 The phone is able to make and keep calls in all but the worst receiving areas.
Call quality 9/10 The phone is slightly affected in metal buildings but otherwise is good.
Internet 1/10 I do not use the Internet on this phone.
Multimedia 9/10 The speaker is loud enough to hear but you can't use it at maximum volume as it starts to crack.
Camera 5/10 1.3MP isn't great but I guess it's ok.
Everyday usage 10/10 Used daily with no issues
Text input 6/10 Wish it was easier to switch between caps and non caps.
Display 5/10 The display is nothing to write about.
Battery 10/10 The battery is good. Lasts me about 3 days with "heavy" usage.

Pros

• Shape (Easy to Hold)
  • QWERTY Keyboard

Cons

• Camera is rather weak
  • No Video
  • Plastic case & Display is Easily Scratched

dolly
posted on 10 Jul 2010, 20:13

worst phone i have ever owned

when i first got this phone i used to love its style and look.  since then i have had 3 phones of the same kind because the first time i could not call anyone, would always end my txt messages for no reason, completley blacked out, buttons stopped working, along with other major issues. the same thing happened to my second phone. i still have problems with texting on my 3rd phone. i also lost the back of my phone which i guess was my fault but verizon will not give me another back cover.  im glad that i do not have small fingers because it would be extremly hard to text. unlike blackberrys, this phones lettered buttons are exltremley hard to type anything because it is so flat. i know this sounds stupid but i still cant figure out what the little evelope button does. the camra also sucks because it is disordered when you take a picture. its kind of hard to expain what it looks like. i do not recemend this phone to even a 9 year old.

Pros

• nothing

spark91676
posted on 17 Dec 2009, 12:48

The Blitz is not for me

I have had this phone for almost a year. The screen frequently goes completely white, and once I had to take the battery out because I could not shut off the phone. I just received a replacement phone in the mail, so hopefully I'll have better luck with this one. I do not receive another upgrade until October, so I'm stuck with this one until then. Another thing that bothers me about this phone is that the outside keys do not lock and the battery gives one warning before turning off one second later.

Pros

• qwerty keyboard
  • VZ Navigator
  • Web

Cons

• short battery warning
  • screen goes white
  • outside keys do not lock
  • too basic of a camera (no flash, poor quality)

posted on 17 Oct 2009, 22:13

Adorable Phone

I've had this phone for almost a year, and I'm getting an upgrade soon - the lg Versa.  But this phone has been a good phone for the past year of my life.  It's cute and original, not many people have it!  Whenever I take out my phone, someone comments on it.  I call it my "fat square" because it's a square shape, and it is pretty bulky.  If you're one of those people who carries their phones in their pockets, this isn't for you.  Also, I've never seen a case for this phone.  The camera quality isn't great, but it gets the job done.  It also can't take video, which is a shame.  Sometimes I would "butt dial" and end up on the internet, sometimes as long as 19 hours!  Lately, the phone has been acting up a little bit, but not terribly.  It turns off randomly, but it's only done that about 10 times.  One thing I love about this phone is the battery life.  I can go a week without charging it!  I loved the keyboard because the letters were close together.  Some people probably didn't like this, but I have small fingers so I could press the keys.  And since they were so close, it made me a really fast typer.  The entire format of this phone is simple and easy to do, too.
So, basically, if you don't really care about having a high-tech phone, and you just want a cute, durable phone, this is for you!

Pros

• - originality
  • - shape
  • - battery life
  • - good sound during calls
  • - hard to lose! (because it's pretty big)
  • - good keyboard (keys close together = fast typing)
  • - simple format
  • - looks like a blackberry

Cons

• - picture quality
  • - no video
  • - "butt dialing"
  • - bulkiness
  • - random shut-offs (not too often, though)

posted on 25 Jul 2009, 07:14

Great Phone!!!

I've had the Blitz for about 2 weeks now, I love it! It's great for texting which I do all the time. The only bad part about it is that the camera sucks! Other than that I love the phone! I would recomend it to anyone!

Pros

• Small In Size
  • Looks Great
  • Easy To Hold

Cons

• Camera Quality

posted on 29 Jun 2009, 10:46

Haha I agree with the previous post! One of those customers that NO ONE can make happy!!! There are technicians in every single store-get real. Customer service is also located in the U.S. so yeah they are definately pretty fluent in English?? The phone is great for its purpose. Basic and quite easy to use. It is nice and small to fit in a pocket and still has the full keyboard option.

Love Verizon
posted on 09 May 2009, 23:07

Ok to the verizon hater that is switching to att.  If you were unhappy with the customer service at verizon i can't wait to see how happy you are with att.  Verizon is the only provider that provides onsite techs in the store.  Also, the only provider where you can get the phone replaced in the store.  Also did you know that verizon does not hire oversea countries at all for their customer service.  All 26 of their call centers are located in the united states.  A few being in pittsburgh, pa las vegas, and charleston and wilmington.  i hope you enjoy att when you have an issue with your phone and you try to go to the store and they basically wont even talk to you because you are buying anything from you.

Pros

• ...

Cons

• ....

Jenn
posted on 03 May 2009, 13:11

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE

I bought the blitz 2 days ago n while it was in my pocket the mute button to the mp3 player got turned on.  Simple right?  NO!  No where in the manual does it say anything about turning it off, nor online.  I called customer service -and i use that term very loosely- and after 25 minutes three rounds with the main menu, two people who barely spoke english, and providing my personal info three times i was told i would have to drive 30 miles to a technician to fix it.  OMG!  I am selling the phone and switching to att.  If anything big were to go wrong you would never get it fixed.

Pros

• None there is absolutely NO reason to buy this phone! Its horrible it sucks you will hate it 12 hours after you get it. Sooner if you call customer service!

Cons

• Everything! Keyboard is small, instructions are minimal, customer service is a complete JOKE, the so called music player holds about 3 songs, cant get it to sync with my computer, camera has no flash, images are terrible, battery life is about 18 hrs. Buy anything other than Verizon.

posted on 02 Apr 2009, 17:47

ok i know everyone is upset you can't record video, but really you shouldn't have bought the phone if you are going to keep on trash talking the blitz just because it can't record video. im sorry but i just had to say that. also if you say it's too fat again u shouldn't have bought the phone. i personally love this phone!!

Pros

• color, not alot of people have, keyboard, texting is easy.

Jay2222
posted on 13 Feb 2009, 22:43

Awesome

This is a fantastic phone. I owned this for a little while, but had tobuy something else because the service got mixed up. I am so pleased with this phone, if youre on the edge about it, you HAVE to buy it! once you pick it up you wont put it down!

Pros

• Original design
  • QWERTY key pad
  • cool display themes
  • its really fun to play with the sliding mechanesim heehee
  • AWESOME FOR TXTING! it even has a dedicated messaging button!

Cons

• no video
  • its kinda fat...but thats why its original it makes up for it with the keypad!

posted on 22 Dec 2008, 21:01

Blitz is a Joy

When I first saw this phone I thought it was very unique looking but had no real interest in it until I actually played with the phone. Not only is the full qwerty keyboard great but the material that the buttons are made of is better than any keyboard I have ever used on a phone. (Pearl, EnV, Alias, Dare, and the V) I think it has alot to do with the fact that they are not made of the standard hard plastic of most cellphone keyboards.
Needless to say after testing the sound on the device for phone calls, speaker, and music I was SOLD!!!
Granted it does not do video and the camera could be better, but show me a person who is inclined to carry a cellphone and I'll show you some one who owns a digital camera.

Pros

• BEST buttons on a key pad EVER!

Cons

• No video & less than average camera

posted on 21 Dec 2008, 02:26

EEWWWWWWWW not a good phone

this phone is really big and bulky and is just an annoying phone because it is so big. Also i have notice that the pain on the buttons starts to rub off if you text alot so in other words after you have used the buttons alot the paint goes away and then you no longer know what the button is for. I was looking foward to getting this phone and was just thrilled the first few days but then soon realized that this was not a good pick at all. You cannot cutomize this phone at all hardley and the camera well lets just say they would have been better off keeping the camera off because every picture is just blury and fuzzy. Eww what a horrible phone

Kayla
posted on 23 Oct 2008, 22:04

Dissappointed

I had this phone a while back. Although i thought it was a REALLY cool looking phone and fun and easy to text on the battery life wasn't good on it for all the texting i do, it would be almost dead by the time i was home from school. Also, the signal service for talking was very dissappointing. My whole family has verizon and they all have different phones that work perfect all around my house. When i brought this phone home i had to go outside my house if i wanted to talk on it. They were deffinitly right when they say it is a phone for pre-teens, even though i am only 15 i would have to go for more working high tech phones. Also, this phone had no video camera, shouldn't newer phones have that? And maybe a better mexa-pixel camera?.

Pros

• Unique looking
  • easy texting

Cons

• Talking service
  • Speaker Phone
  • No Video Camera

Mellow
posted on 19 Oct 2008, 18:45

This is a Keeper

I just got the phone, and I absolutely love it. I am not a teenager, and have always loved the blackberry type keyboard, but have no need for a blackberry. I need a qwerty keyboard, but I am not a fan of the enV sideways-type keyboard either, and also not a fan of touch screens. The form factor of this is exactly what I'm looking for, texting is easy, it remembers what you've typed previously. It has some nice themes, the font is big and clear, the camera is actually decent for a 1.2 or whatever--it's fun and let's face it, it is different looking and a lot of people don't like it, so it won't be in everyone's pocket like the enV2.  Calls are clear and I can't find any fault with it so far!

Pros

• Qwirky, nice form factor, great for texting, easy to use

Cons

• No EVDO but it's not necessary on this device, either...

verizon costumer
posted on 18 Oct 2008, 17:12

Really great phone

I was deciding between the glyde, the Env2, and this. I am glad i got this. This phone is less expensive then both of those phones. And i know more people that have those phones then this one, and i like that. I hate it when people say " i know a lot of people with that phone" Now, with this phone people say "did you see her phone?" and i like that. (who doesnt like attention?!?!?) If you like small phones, but want a Qwerty keyboard (like me) then the verizon Blitz is the best phone for you.

Pros

• pocket sized
  • easy texting
  • cute looking and unique

Cons

• speaker phone isnt very good but thats it.

verizon costumer
posted on 18 Oct 2008, 17:04

I am a pre-teen and i own the Blitz. I've had this phone for a week now and am happy I got this phone. I was deciding between the samsung Alias, the samsung glyde,and the LG Ev2. My friend from soccer came to pratice and she had just gotten this phone, and that got me interested. I came here and read the reveiws, and was satisfied with what people said. I will agree with them though, in saying it is a little fat, and the speaker is a little low in quality. But that isnt much of an issue with me.
my favorite things about this phone are: it's easy for texting, it's small and pocket sized, and a cute and unique looking phone. If you're like me and text more then you talk on your phone, then this is definetly a good phone for you.

Pros

• easy for texting
  • pocket sized
  • cute
  • unique

Cons

• speaker phone isn't very good quality
  • a little fat (but it has a keybored so what do you expect???)

Darian
posted on 13 Oct 2008, 18:47

I love this phone!

I've had this phone for about 2 days now and I really like it. I almost got the samsung glyde but then decided on this funky looking guy. Its kind of fat and weird looking, but I like it because it gives me a feel of uniqueness. A lot of people said it was awesome. One guy did say it was ugly. Anyways, Im a teenager and this phone is not babyish. It's just not your typical normalness. Its different, but whats wrong with different?
I have no problems texting, but I have small hands.

Pros

• Nice design
  • Huge screen
  • Good buttons
  • When you slide it open is smooth, not wobbly
  • Good basic features
  • Has a messaging button
  • Can call when phone is closed
  • Battery is awesome

Cons

• Not enough menu designs
  • The ringtone buyage is weirded out
  • Speaker phone is bad
  • Kind of fat (if that bothers you, it doesnt bother me)

nxthg2u
posted on 18 Sep 2008, 12:54

Love It!

I have had this phone for 3 weeks now. I needed a basic phone with keyboard capabilities at a low price--this was the phone I bought. It is great, easy to use, and the battery holds a charge for a long period of time. I would recommend this phone to anyone who is looking for a basic phone and texting features. AWESOME!!!!

Pros

• Cute, Size, Battery Charge Hold, Easy of Use

Cons

• Not a lot of fancy features.

Lynette Ruffo
posted on 10 Sep 2008, 06:26

Adorable Phone

I'm a thirteysomething female and I've had this phone for 2 days and so far I love it. I can't keep it out of my hands. I have a fully functional phone/blackberry for work with all the complicating features and that's completely what I DIDN'T want for my personal phone. I wanted something fun and functional with the full keyboard for easy texting that didn't have too many features that would be wasted on myself. I was attracted to it at first cause of its look, it's an adorable interesting little phone in a bright color. I was upgrading from my Motorola E815 flip phone cause the contacts were shot and it was giving me a hard time charging. I had always liked that phone and found it very reliable but everything kind of looked the same. I tend to favor Motorola but verizon didn't offer anything from them with the keyboard. I went with the intent to purchase the Samsung Glyde. As I was waiting 1.5 hours for assistance and playing with the phones I couldn't stand the touch screen and was getting aggravated just playing with the demonstration model in the store cause it would never go where I touched and I'd have to re-do. After 10 minutes of that I decided it would certainly not be the phone for me. I saw this little guy and was attracted to the look. I know it's marketed to a younger set but it your a bit older don't rule this phone out particularly if you are like myself and have to be connected with all the gadgets for work and want something particularly fun and fresh looking.

Pros

• Look, keyboard, color, slide-out design

Cons

• None so far other reviews have shown issues with call quality but so far so good.

laine
posted on 08 Sep 2008, 16:31

well i was looking at this phone or the voyager or the samsung glyde, so far it is this because of  its design  and how compact it is. I mean so what if it is fat and i don't  call people that much so what is the difference if people can't  hear me maybe they should get a hearing aid. I also like how it isn't your typical phone from verizon  so far all the phone i have seen are touch screen with a keyboard but this one is a little different. I think out of what i have seen this  is my top vote and i give it a 9 out 10!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• is pocket sized
  • so cuuuuuute

Cons

• is a little hard to text on
  • is kinda fat (who cares it has a keyboard thats why)

Nick Eiche
posted on 03 Sep 2008, 20:47

GET THIS PHONE!

FIRST OF ALL: I am a normal teen who OWNS this phone. Have had it for 2 days!
Well, a little skeptical at first because I've never heard of UTStarcom. But surprisingly, I really love this phone. I was gonna either get this or th LG Env2. Decided on this lil fatty phone and I love it!
The call quality seems fine. The camera- well its a phone. Not the best camera in the world.
I love the size of the phone, the weight, and how it slides up to reveal a keyboard.
I would call this phone a small blackberry without any smartphone features. Because its shaped similar, and it has a blackberryish keyboard.
At first the keys are a little hard to text on but I've had this phone for a day and I'm getting pretty good at texting on it.
The only complaint I have is people say its fat (which it kind of is). I don't really care, but I guess other people do. They also say it looks gay. It's not.
And also something that really pisses me off is a lot of reviewers are saying this phone is for babies. Seriously? It's not. It's for people who want a very compact phone with a new look that has a qwerty keyboard.
THIS PHONE IS NOT JUST FOR BABIES.

I recommend this phone over the env2 because I like the look of this phone more, the size, and also it's cheaper!

BUY IT!

Pros

• -compact
  • -awesome color
  • -nice big screen
  • -great buttons on the front
  • -slides up!
  • -awesome

Cons

• -kind of fat (don't care too much)
  • -not enough display themes
  • -keyboard is a little small (its still good)

posted on 03 Sep 2008, 13:31

Bought this phone yesterday. Its exactly what im looking for- slide qwerty keyboard. The last phoen I had was the samsung glyde and I made sure not to get touch screen again. The arrow keys are big on this phone which is good, the texting is good. Its the ideal phone. Sometimes my friends complain they can't hear me well, but that might just be a volume problem, not sure. Size is great and easy to put in my pocket. I've gotten many compliments just from having it one day. I can call without opening the slide part.

Pros

• slide, qwerty, big arrow keys

Cons

• can't really complain

reid
posted on 27 Aug 2008, 20:53

surprised

I bought this phone a couple days ago, while they were literally stocking it on the shelves I guess because it was new looked, interesting, and was cost efficient. So far i'm enjoying it's quick text friendly key pad and it's pocket friendly size. I'd give the new verizon blitz an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. Was kinda disapointed in the quality of the speaker.

Pros

• texting, size, look

Cons

• speaker