T-Mobile myTouch 3G User Reviews

Internet9.5/10
Battery5.5/10
Text input8.5/10

lookingforaphone007
posted on 04 Nov 2011, 18:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)

BEST DROID FOR THE MONEY HANDS DOWN

lookingforaphone007 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Considering the price, this is the best droid phone on the market. The App store is awesome and I love the mapping. When I turn on the WIFI, the phone is lightning fast!

The track ball is a great feature. It's much better than a blackberry trackball and since the touchscreen works so well, the trackball is a choice that enhances the phone, but it's not needed to use any of the phone's features.

Text input 9/10 no swype technology
Battery 10/10 Great lasting battery!

Pros

• Best droid for the price.

Cons

• The Texting is slightly delayed if you are a very fast texter.

lurch
posted on 04 Feb 2011, 17:25

WAS a good phone

lurch has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

When I first got the MyTouch 3g 3.5mm, it was a great phone and remained a good phone until about a week ago when i received the 2.2 Froyo update. The phone ran slower than molasses and the battery wouldnt stay alive longer than 12 hours with minimal use, where as before the update the battery would last upwards of 20 hours with plenty of use.

UI speed 1/10 Froyo update ruined this phone
Everyday usage 6/10 Froyo update made it hard to do anything with it because the battery would run down so fast
Text input 8/10 Swype is a little clumsy, otherwise ok
Display 8/10 Froyo update did crisp the display a bit, could be larger. Entire screen "area" is not utilized. Once it powers on, you feel jipped
Battery 1/10 Battery was ok at first, could have lasted longer, but once the froyo update hit, it went down to nothing

Pros

• none anymore

Cons

• everything since Froyo update

thomasrendell
posted on 04 Mar 2010, 20:26

This phone is amazing. i got the G1 when it first came out, and loved it, then got this a couple weeks after it came out. people that say that this phone isnt responsive just dont know how to use the touch screen or something, because its awesome. it can lag sometimes, especially if you are doing a lot with the phone, but after you download something like app killer, its fine. just like ANY droid phone save the N1. its great, just wish it didnt have the damned chin. i dont know why they did this with the G1 and Mytouch.
Also, this trackball is one of the best i've used. nothing like the blackberry's old trackballs.

....AND its easy to root ; )

Pros

• android, trackball, customization, comes with everything you need but a car charger!

Cons

• wish the cpu was beefier

Asofnowyoudie
posted on 27 Feb 2010, 21:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Feb 2010)

Sleek and Smart

When I got my Mytouch 3g a week when it came out, I was extremely excited.  Compared to the G1 (the only other google phone at the time) it seemed amazing.  Sleek and stylish, and also smart and fast.  Now (with all my friends having the Droid Eris) it still is awesome.  I must confess that I still do not think it is as amazing as before, but it still tops my charts.

Pros
The camera is phenomenal.  I remember taking a trip to Florida, and taking pictures all around.

Pros

• Camera, design, screen, trackball, mobility, apps.

Charlie
posted on 01 Feb 2010, 13:15

My Touch = NO SECURITY

I accidentally let me phone go dead, Saturday Night. Come Sunday morning after a full charge, I noticed that most of my setting including MY SECURITY Settings have been cleared.So if you ever want to get into someone's phone, just let the battery run out, charge it and you're in, FULL ACCESS!!!!!!!! T-mobile rep says, "Oh yeah, I've seen that before, you will need to restore the phone to the original settings to fix it." WOW so not only do I have NO security on my Phone, but now I have the pleasure of restoring the 100 apps I have on it.So BEWARE of your phone, I get the feeling it will do the same.Peace!!!

Pros

• Cool OS, Apps, and Features

Cons

• No Security

Reba Murphy
posted on 28 Jan 2010, 13:08

HadtoSayIt

I HATE my phone!  My touch my _!

It was given to me as a Christmas present. I was so excited!  Then, dropped calls, 10x longer to text, how many time should I have to touch the space bar before I get a space?  4?  5? 8?  what?  Ugh!

2x during the 2 weeks I had it I couldn't download emails for days.  What is wrong with it?  I have been to my TMobile store 10 times.

I can't hear the phone in my purse half the time.  Yes, the apps are fun...when they will run.  Often the song says it's going to download and it doesn't.  My husband can pull up google map for directions on his BB in half the time, I'm still loading while he is telling me where to go.  Same thing on the internet.

Maybe it was my phone, but the keyboard stinks.  How can you browse the internet if it doesn't accept your typing?  How slow can I go.

Anyway, I am trying to decide if I am going to go BB or Cliq.  I am thinking BB because I am afraid of Droid because I don't know why this phone didn't run well...

Pros

• None that I felt worked well

Cons

• Apps didn't work quickly
  • Texting stinks
  • Internet didn't browse quickly
  • Disconnected calls in places where my other TMobile phone never dropped

Dominique
posted on 02 Jan 2010, 23:55

WORST PHONE EVER! WENT THREW 5 IN 2 WEEKS!

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST PHONE EVER! i AM FINALLY GETTING A NEW DEVICE! i HATE THIS PHONE FOR IT HAS SCREWED UP!! i HAD TO FACTORY RESET FROM RECOVERY IMAGE 10 TIMES! DONT EVEN THINK BOUT GETTING THIS PHONE! ITS A WASTE OF MONEY!
I have gone threw so many of these phones and I couldnt take it anymore... Android has a lot of cleaning up to do... I mean it froze so bad that i could bearly recieve or send a call... EVERYTHING force closes!!! I mean even a CALL!!! And it was an important call!!!! THis has to be the worst phone ever!!!
The only good thing bout this phone is the app store!!! Its amazing!! I love it but the phone and software is crap... Im going to a Blackberry 8900 and I feel like Im downgrading... It sucks but hey at least nothing will force close and it will run smooth... If yu wanna get this phone I would root it... It seems thats the only way that it will work rite... But I mean dont get this phone until Android gets out all the kinks which I surely think will be soon!!
I HOPE!!!

Pros

• APP MARKET

Cons

• EVERYTHING ELSE

Domi
posted on 08 Dec 2009, 21:37

BEST PHONE EVER!!!!!!

THIS IS THE BEST PHONE I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!I love this phone... Its like a computer in my very hands and much more portalable!!!The email is great... Txt isnt, but Im using Handcent Sms and tht is amazing!!! Runs smooth... Kinda want to update to Hero ROM but still thinking bout it... Better than theMotorola Cliq!! All in all its the best phone ever!!! EVER!!! EVER!!!Wouldnt trade it in for anything else!!!

Pros

• Email, calls, txt (w/ Handcent Sms)
  • Small and Light!!

Cons

• No flash for cam,
  • Runs slow sometimes.
  • Overall just small things

rmeyer7
posted on 08 Sep 2009, 17:40

Great device

While I can't really comment on the issues some have had with multiple email accounts, I can say I haven't had any trouble using both of mine (gmail, which had better work on a Google phone... and hotmail).

What surprised me most about this phone was the effectiveness of the on-screen keyboard.  I've never liked them, especially after the frustrating experience of typing out a text message on my fiance's LG Dare.  But this phone changed my skeptical mind about on-screen keyboards.  It takes very little time to get used to it, even after almost 2 years with a physical QWERTY keyboard on my previous phone.  The predictive text is kind of annoying when typing though.  It's not as easy as it should be to use a word other than its suggestion.

The design and size of the phone are just right - sleek and sexy.  Android is very easy to adjust to, even after being a WinMo user for almost 2 years.  It's intuitive, and as long as you also are, I think you can take to it like a fish to water.  The Market has loads of quality apps, even if there are several that aren't so great.  All you have to do is read the reviews on a given app in the Market before you install it, no problem there.  With just a few of the free apps, I've been able to replicate all the things I really liked on my WinMo phone, as well as do many things I'd never have been able to on the old phone.

Battery life is decent for a phone of this caliber.  Mine lasts all...

Pros

• Android, performance, screen, good on-screen keyboard, app Market, design.

Cons

• Not everyone can enjoy a phone with no buttons.

Durenda Wood
posted on 27 Aug 2009, 13:30

not real happy

I have had the phone for a COUPLE OF WEEKS I am a blackberry user for many years. I have also had Tmobile for several years and was thinking of switching because I wanted a touch screen phone. I like the browser on the internet and how it locks itself when not in use and the fact that it tells you what to do to get in to it.
The email needs a lot of work; it is constantly sending the same alert of new emails which is very annoying. I have 9 email accounts so it takes a while to go through each one don't like spending all of that time digging in the email accounts. I liked that you could go into one folder to see all new emails or go into the seperate emails on the blackberry. I would like more control on sounds and vibration modes.
I understand that the battery is running alot more apps causing me have to recharge the battery everyday even if I do not talk on the phone.
I would prefer another blackberry even without the touch screen over this phone. I would be real happy if they would update the operating system.
Something else is the market where you can down load different apps to the phone but there are a lot of them where reviews say it crashes your phone so I am scared to download them due to not wanting the phone to crash.
I think Google should just purchase the good apps and add them to the operating system. That way there is less chance of any crashing.

Pros

• Good Video performance from utube
  • browsing on the internet
  • can have several email accounts
  • pictures taken by phone are good

Cons

• email alerts false and repeat themselves
  • video recording not too hot
  • not one account for catch all emails making browsing time less

DA White
posted on 16 Aug 2009, 20:13

Incredible phone

Don't be mislead by first reviewer (nomadtv) (sorry)Fantastic phone, along with T-Mobile, it rocks.
I've owned Blackberry Pearl, and Curve (great phones, but this one is the winner) (by far).  The secret to the Blackberry is its stability and reliability, that works like the old black telephone.  This phone, myTouch 3G does as well.  (Wasn't going to believe it at first, it proved itself now for 1 week)Email, freaking great.  Better than on my G1 (had for almost 1 yr).On the Blackberry, the paradigm was lots of email support including Microsoft Exchange and it all gets routed into just one little email INBOX.  What a mess.
On the myTouch 3G you have separate email support for each of your different email accounts including the source gmail account and Microsoft Exchange.  Incredible!  Yes, and I've never had one problem, ever, in 1 yr, with the email support on my T-Mobile G1.   - Just now, its better with the 3G   - If you want to impove your gmail account experience, use the browser to go gmail, save the URL, then "long touch" the home screen (ROM pop-up) add the URL to the home screenI could go on and make this a very long review but lets don't do that.Simply:- I almost went back my Blackberry Curve after my G1 experience - Took one last chance on the myTouch 3G, and...    ~ "How can this phone be sooo much better?  Wow."    ~ Twice the phone of a G1 (no 3x the phone) - The Browser rocks,...

Pros

• I give a 9 in design. I wanted the 3.5" / 3.6" screens of the iPhone and newer models, but this size works for Professional environment, same belt size as Blackberry. Not big wide game-boy.
  • Features are there, its getting better. Given what's on the market, its ahead of its time.
  • Keyboard(s) work like a champ. It takes about 3 days to get used to them.

Cons

• Controlling the ringer volume. I miss calls at times. Lots of control, I wish I could "lock down" an "at work" theme (phone volume, ringers, power settings, etc.)

nomadtv
posted on 15 Aug 2009, 01:00

Sexy but not reliable

Great looks and nice tactile screen if not a little iffy around he edges...
email support is very unpredictable if not disaterously broken. Over the course of my 2 week trial It randomly deleted emails, constantly remarked all emails as unread, wouldnt open even the body of the emails when they contained attatchments, let alone the attatchments themselves... didn't retain very many emails when I went out of service area, and I couldn't copy text from emails such as addresses to use in maps.  The keyboard is extremely slow and frustrating and the predictive feature works sometimes but sometimes is stubborn about keeping the word it thinks you should be using.
The voice dialer is nearly completely useless especially with no way to dial it in... but the google voice app was awesome. Why the difference between the two, I have no Idea. Too many taps needed for most basic functions related to connectivity. Support is not good on either Tmobs end or HTC.

Screen brightness was OK but speaker phone is also useless as I had to hold it right next to my head to hear anything even with the windows up, Defeats the whole point... This is not a phone for the car in any way shape or form.
Web browsing was awesome and is where it really shines.... but lack of email support kills it for me.
Did I mention you cant cut and paste from emails? Deal breaker right there for me.... Sexy phone but as anything other than a media player or browser and you'll want to go elsewhere......

Pros

• Screen, form factor, browsing, apps. Best as a media device with limited connective pros

Cons

• Email all but useless, very bad speaker and voice dialer, battery is a bit weak... not so hot as a phone... Coming from an older blackberry curve I expected alot more in way of basics for this new "advanced" phone.

mikael
posted on 06 Aug 2009, 20:36

love it

I left verizon for this phone, it is fantastic, my monthly bill is 20 bucks cheaper and i get 100 more min. i downloaded 75 apps for free and have been having a ball, It feels great in your hand, sound quality is great, i have used it all day and have 3/4 battery left, have not used the camera yet, you will not be disappointed with this phone, my only thing is in my house there is no reception except near the windows but with verizon it was the same thing,i think i live in a bomb shelter because i am smack in the m middle of 3g territory. go figure.

MR. TMOBILEE
posted on 04 Aug 2009, 16:30

overall this phone is good, i like it i used the G1 i did not like that but i can assure you this phone is better than the g1.... its a sleek new design it is quick has a lot of memory and a lot of pottential this phone is customize-ablee :).. its a fun phone and you will not be dissapointed................

this is my first review i ever did on a phone, im sorry if it isnt helpful