x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Everyday usage5.3/10
UI speed5.3/10
Camera6.3/10

PokeFanaticJosh
posted on 25 Jul 2009, 13:11 (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)

Blackberry Storm = Epic Win

I really don't see the problems other people are having with the Blackberry Storm.  It is amazing in every aspect.  I have one complaint and its the fact that my battery only lasts one day, but for all of the features, I really can't complain.  The apps for the Storm make it even more enjoyable.  After having the Versa for 5 months and upgraded to this makes it a huge advantage on my part.  Thank you to RIM for making an amazing phone.

Pros

• Applications
  • Touch Screen
  • Music Player
  • 3.5 mm headset jack
  • Speed = Majorly fast.

denmcdon
posted on 07 Jun 2009, 19:16 (Posts: 90; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)

Get the update

Stop bashing this phone.I downloaded the update .148 and this phone is great does verything i need and want it to do,people not knowing how to use this phone keep giving it negative reviews....go back to using your dumb phones and stay away from smartphones.

Pros

• able to use opera mini global phone email is unsurpassed texting instant messaging like a mini computer

Cons

• none that i can find

matistight
posted on 07 Jun 2009, 10:57 (Posts: 445; Member since: 13 May 2009)

Perfect name...the STORM of problems

Why pick verizon if it has a sim card slot in it?
Stay with ATT or T-mobile or whatever you have...a pearl is better than this...
along with the IPHONE...
yes i said iphone, all you need is a jailbroken iphone and it blows this out of the water.

Pros

• its a blackberry so it gets some boost
  • and it is hybrid but...why have this?
  • cool theme...wait...is that a verizon logo?

Cons

• Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Very slow and unresponsive
  • Get a curve or pearl, you will be more satisfied

techjunkie
posted on 23 Jan 2009, 19:05 (Posts: 13; Member since: 23 Jan 2009)

Don't belive the reviews!

This is a great phone, at&t finally has some comp for the apple beast, i owned an iphone its great but its more for collage kids certainly aimed towards sub 25 years of age.The storm on the other hand while its not as feature rich nor supported with apps and software like the iphone is a remarkable device enough to appeal too people over 25,it's blackberry without the keyboard while the software has some minor bugs they are easy to look past

Pros

• the whole package

Cons

• need some apple like app store or itunes in blackberry flavor

dongdou
posted on 18 Jan 2009, 10:15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 18 Jan 2009)

This phone rocks!

It is the greatest device to happpen to me since the invention of the Voyager. I like the fact I have a big full keybord. I like turning it sideways and getting the text screen to follow. Sorry I phone you cramp my thumbs with your small keyboard.   i also like knowing where I am clicking on the phone with the touch click I can do that. I phone again i'm sorry I need a removable batt. and peice of mind with insurance.

Pros

• Is on the VZW network. touch click screen. LCD screen, 3.2 meg camera, And the html web browser. the list goes on

Cons

• It's popularity made it hard to get ahold of.

jherz6
posted on 22 Nov 2008, 12:27 (Posts: 216; Member since: 23 May 2008)

Worth the Wait

It was a long time coming but the Storm was worth the wait. I was using an 8830 and going from a push button phone to touch screen took a little getting used to but after a very few minutes I was able to navigate around and type as easily as I did with my 8830. Its obvious to me that the storm was well planned and thought out, it will appeal to the average consumer up to and including bussiness people. You can access V-Cast, and get it now until now unheard of in a blackberry available from Verizon. The clarity and color of the photos taken, and the videos either recorded or downloaded is incredible. The sound clear and can be set as loud as you like.You can personalize the device with a lot more detail and ease which is a nice. Going from portrait mode to landscape is a bit slow, booting up the phone is a bit slow which can be annoying, but nothing that cant be fixed with software upgrades.

Pros

• Orientation to position, Picture and sound quality, ease of navigation, ease of use

Cons

• Slow boot up, speed as far as changing orientation,

Fortypopper
posted on 24 Oct 2012, 15:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)

Beware

Fortypopper has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone was aweful. I couldnt wait to get rid of it. I will never buy a blackberry again. The inteface lagged and it constantly locked up. I was always rebooting. Coverage was spotty... may have partially been verizons network as well.

• Interface lag

theJATM
posted on 04 Jan 2011, 15:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)

average at best

theJATM has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Before the 5.0 update, I have no had a more useless handset. Since the upgrade, less freezing, still some hesitation at times. I have had to replace the phone 4 times since i purchased it nearly 2 years ago. Camera could be better, but probably pretty good for its inception.

Triflyer12
posted on 18 Jun 2010, 00:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Jun 2010)

Storm with 5.0 OS is amazing!

I have been using this phone for a while now and have read most every review before deciding on it.  This device gets many mixed comments and since I've been using it I've decided that most of the negative ones had to have been from people who didn't take the time to learn the phone and got frustrated with it quickly.  I have had a pearl, a curve and, to compare, have an itouch.  Starting off by comparing to the previous blackberries I've owned, this one takes the cake.  When it comes to texting, knowing how to text with the pearl's modified QWERTY is the best way to text with the storm.  While the full QWERTY is there using the accelerometer, the modified is much faster.  Texting, emailing, etc was where I was most worried about getting a touch screen, and this phone has passed up my expectations.  Not only that, but when upgrading to the 5.0 OS it all becomes even better and more compact.  I like the tactile feel of the touch screen personally, and while I know that is a personal opinion, I would put it against that of the itouch.  As far as media goes, I would agree completely with the people on phonescoop.  This phone has great media...the camera is lagging but is passable...but as far as music, display, etc goes, this phone is great.  As far as the business side goes-this is a blackberry, and it is very hard to find many phones that have better connectivity and are more productive in the work world.  Everything...

Pros

• -Quick Texting for a Touch Screen
  • -Great for business...organization and connectivity are great
  • -Amazing multimedia
  • -Quick and responsive
  • -5.0 OS has fixed many of the bugs

Cons

• -Camera Lagging

BrandenGump
posted on 02 Dec 2009, 14:00 (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)

Well...

Simply stated the 5.0 update makes all the difference. Everyone knows this phone is famous for freezing and hesitance, however, the amount of said issues hasnt happend to me since the 5.0 update. Know how to cear your cache, do a battery pull maybe once a week. Dont bog it down with useless stuff. And this phone will perform for you. My only issue is the occasional studder when going from Lock-Unlock. If you can get this phone cheap, its worth it. Otherwise, the Storm2 is the bees knees.

Pros

• Bright Flash, Its a Blackberry, Consolidated messaging, decent applications,

Cons

• Not a free based operating system. Not what you want if youd rather have android. Not even the same ballpark.

GotGTI
posted on 20 Sep 2009, 17:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Sep 2009)

had mine since Feb 2009, I've had no problems with mine with the exception of the old .75 software which went bye bye with in week 1 of ownership and was updated as leaks came out. I've really enjoyed this phone but the touch screen could be a little better, i can't type as fast as i'd like because i'm waiting on the screen, other than this i really really like this phone alot, i look forward to Storm 2.  p.s. this thing is a tank, it fell off of my car going 50mph and was only a little bruised but still functions perfectly.

Pros

• Solid physical build
  • Doesn't feel cheap and plasticy
  • Fits good in the hands
  • QWERTY keyboard (landscape mode) if more accurate than iPhone
  • AF 3.2MP
  • etc

Cons

• SurePress screen for typing, other than this, it's good.

thegodfishy
posted on 03 Jun 2009, 10:40 (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Jun 2009)

THE UPDATE DID THE TRICK

HONESTLY IVE OWNED THE STORM AS SOON AS IT CAME OUT AND I MUST SAY IT WAS ONE PROBLEM AFTER ANOTHER FINNALY WHEN THE UPDATE CAME OUT IT WAS GREAT THIS PHONE DOES IT ALL I CAN DO SOO MUCH WITH THIS PHONE ALL THE APPS WORK OUT GREAT NOW AND I CAN USE ALL MY THEAMS IT IS TRULY A USER COUSTMIZABLE PHONE NOW THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE VERIZON THIS PHONE NOW RULZ ONCE AGIAN AWSOME CAMARA WONDERFUL SOUND AND GREAT WAYS TO MAKE IT JUST YOUR PHONE.

Pros

• AFTER THE UPDATE EVERYTHING

Cons

• AFTER THE UPDATE NOTHING

urnikkachris
posted on 30 May 2009, 01:20 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 May 2009)

THE EDITOR NEEDS TO REVIEW THIS PHONE AGAIN AFTER SUNDAY !!!

The editor seriously needs to review this phone again after the os 4.7.0.148 version goes official on sunday 5/31. I am telling you that this version is great. my friend does experiments with leaked os's and i tried it out and i fell in love with it. i was thinking about trying it on mine but then i heard about it becoming official last night so i will wait for the official one.

Pros

• everything will be perfect on Sunday

Cons

• nothing after 3pm on Sunday

djmattyd
posted on 25 Apr 2009, 09:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Apr 2009)

The Best Phone I Ever Had

This phone is the best out their in my prospective......I truly love the big bright screen, i have big hands so it is good for me...There are soooooooooooo many things on the phone..The calls crisp..the network is flawless...i love the bilt in keyboard...its yhe best for typing...it lights up the bottons so if u travle and or just use it in the bark its the best phone for u.....ok now here is were we get problem wit people....no 3g.oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its a phone.i had no problems with out 3g...i go walking..i have internet...i go on vacation..i have internet....i go anywhere i have internet..just because it doesnt have ur 3g doesnt mean ur internet is not guna work its just a little slower OK big freakin deal..its a new phone from blackberry give it time and ur storm will have 3g...the sound perfect...mp3 player up to 16 gb not bad for those iphone lovers..there crap anyway..ya thats right i went there.....come back to me when i dont have to pay money for music.......navigator no better than ur 200 300 400 or more hundred dollar navagation systems...camera..pretty good 3.2mp not too bad if u ask me...then u have all ur setting and games..also u can get ur email on there so u can cheak ur emails on the go..the 4 bottons on the bottom i gota say u wont be able to use the phone wit out em...well thats it for right now.......all in all the phone is a really really really really really really..aw no its the BEST

Pros

• EVERYTHING..and thats a fact

Cons

• Sorry i couldnt put anything in this box....the phone is too good for it

shultzjordan
posted on 22 Feb 2009, 20:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Feb 2009)

Storm 9530 review not bad all the time

So ive had the phone for about a month and have came to the conclusion that i love it. Ive had many issues with lagging and freezing, but i went to verizon and they said that new software coming soon but for now take out the battery every day and it works perfect. Sometimes it can be funky, once the camera poped on during texting and wouldnt go off it was on a one ince screen. But before software comes out i wouldnt recommend if you NEED your phone to be relable.

Pros

• Fast Internet
  • Quick Email
  • Full Headphone Jack

• No Pictures in Email
  • Hard to plug in for charging
  • PC software is lacking
  • Scratches easy
  • Jumps between portrait and landscape mode

dballer012
posted on 17 Dec 2008, 15:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Dec 2008)

I THINK THIS PHOES IS GREAT....

i dont care what anyone says, i think my blackberry storm is the best. Although there are a few glitches, i think that they are minor enough to be fixed in future updates to the system software.
Overall i LOVE THIS PHONE, AND IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER FROM THIS POINT!

Pros

• EVERYTHING but..

Cons

• .. THE GLITCHES

KK
posted on 25 May 2011, 04:07

Storm Floats

KK has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Nice, and sturdy BB. My first BB and it was awesome.
After software updates, it really storming my cell phone experience.
Nice, and sturdy BB. My first BB and it was awesome.
After software updates, it really storming my cell phone experience.Nice, and sturdy BB. My first BB and it was awesome.
After software updates, it really storming my cell phone experience.

kevin
posted on 30 Oct 2010, 21:42

Worst "phone" ever

kevin has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this "phone" for almost the full two years with Verizon. I get a update in Jan. 2011. Well lets get started. The reason I call a "phone" because basically this thing is a fricken paper weight. It's extremely slow. I mean extremely. When I text people sometimes it gets so far behind it skips some words completely. Example": The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" would come out as "The quick brown foxnjumps la y dog" Why some spaces between words you ask? Because the touch screen sucks. The keys are extremely slow and very small. Also BlackBerry App World doesn't even open, it downloads but won't open. Right now I don't have the time to tell you all the issues. but I suggest stay very far away from this paper weight.

Pros

• Very nice display especially in sunlight. No glare.
  • Battery is good for a while but it gets noticeably worse
  • The reception is good as well call quality is ok

Cons

• Everything else not mentioned

Vincenio
posted on 05 Oct 2010, 00:56

2.3

This phone is terrible

Freezes very often even with v5.0.  Laggy as hell. Slow response to most thing.  Constantly seeing "thinking" imagine on screen so that you can't do anything.  Worse phone ever.  Touch screen with gaps a huge dust collector.

posted on 29 Nov 2009, 00:56

1.7

till this day i dont understand why the user ratings are so high on this phone. this phone deserved the 6 that phonearena gave it.  i just got the storm 2 today and its flawless! the picture i uploaded is CURRENT to reviews on this phone. and out of 11,000 people who have had this phone i totally agree  why it got a 3for5. even after 5.0 update

Pros

• none. i hated this phone

Cons

• flash broke
  • speed
  • EVERYTHING! i cant txt as fast as i want!

david jkl
posted on 26 Nov 2009, 23:23

it works for me

Pros

• the click screen. and the multi-function

Cons

• the battery can always be longer, but its not bad

mike 121
posted on 26 Nov 2009, 23:19

what an amazing phone

this phone has been good to me and it looks better than my friends at&t phone. my only problem is the battery life, but then again i have 3 batteries for it with an external  charger and that solved it for me.  the storm was my first blackberry and i must say i cant wait to get the storm 2 but im in no rush because this one gets the job done. the screen looks amazing, the sound it amazing, the feel is cheap at times but still it clicks so that make it amazing hands down. the black berry storm is a great phone.

Pros

• nice image, fast web, does alot at once

chester foster
posted on 26 Nov 2009, 23:13

i love this phone

i real like this phone because it looks good and it works great.. yes it freezes and the click screen acts up but nothings is perfect. i use to hate the phone but after the updat i love it.. and i use it for everything. the internet is fast, i love the new flowing txt system and the email is on point.

Pros

• fast internet, large screen, long battery life.

Cons

• the screen moves from side to side, cant txt fast

posted on 16 Oct 2009, 20:37

awesome phone

the phone is awesome.......i love everything about it..........there are a lot of haters out there but either they should not have got a touch screen, dont understand how to use the phone properly, or i got the only good one......lolthe phone has good battery life when setting are set righti think people would rather just blame the phone rather than admit they need help using it

Pros

• screen, its a blackberry, web surfing, takes good pics, email, tons of apps

Cons

• vibrate mode very weak

samanthajd
posted on 16 Sep 2009, 18:02

loving it so far

i  just got it yesterday it look me awhile to get used to the menus and stuff cuz ive never had a blackberry b4 but so far after like a day or so i love it i hade a voyager b4 this and eh not to fond of that phone now after all my problems with it

Pros

• not sure but almost everything to me

Cons

• its a bit to loud for me but what ever it freezes once in awhile and it always beeps at my for no reason but im gonna go talk to someone and see y it does that but nothing that bugs me to much those few problem i dont mind at all