Sony Xperia acro S
- Big display (4.3 inches)
- High-resolution display (720 x 1280 pixels)
- High pixel densitiy screen, over 300ppi (342 ppi)
- High-resolution camera (12.1 megapixels)
- Dual core processor
- Lots of RAM (1024 MB RAM)
- HDMI connector for TV-out ()
- Water-resistant phone
- Physical size:
- 4.3 inches
- 720 x 1280 pixels
- Pixel density:
Pixel density - The pixel density of a display represents the number of pixels over an area of one inch. It’s measured in “pixels per inch”, or ppi. The higher the number, the more detailed and good-looking the display is.
- 342 ppi
Technology - There are two main screen technologies currently used in phones and tablets: LCD and AMOLED. The former usually features a light source and liquid crystals, while the latter is based on organic light-emitting diodes. Newer LCD variations like IPS-LCD and Super-LCD allow for very accurate color reproduction and very wide viewing angles, where no significant image quality loss is observed. Current AMOLED screens differ in such a way that they can exhibit much more saturated colors (sometimes too much) and incredibly high contrast levels, which is due to black color being completely black in AMOLED displays.
- 16 777 216
- Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Scratch-resistant glass
- Aperture size:
Aperture size - The aperture of a camera is the opening through which light travels before it reaches the camera sensor. The smaller the number is, the bigger this opening is, allowing for more light to pass.
- 1920x1080 (1080p HD)
- Digital image stabilization, Video light, Video calling
- Front-facing camera:
- 1.3 megapixels
- System chip:
System chip - Most modern handsets use an advanced chip that includes many of the device’s hardware modules like the processor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and sometimes even the wireless radio. This field shows what particular system chip (or System-on-a-Chip) is used in the phone.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 MSM8260
Processor - The processor is the main computing component of a phone and is a major factor when it comes to the overall speed of the device. Some more powerful smartphones use dual-core and quad-core processors designed to deliver greater performance.
- Dual core, 1500 MHz, Scorpion
- Graphics processor:
- Adreno 220
- System memory:
System memory - System memory, or RAM memory is the type of memory that the device uses to temporarily store data from the OS or currently-running apps. The more RAM available to the device, the better the performance will be when multiple or heavier programs are running.
- 1024 MB RAM
- Built-in storage:
- 16 GB
- Maximum User Storage:
- 11 GB
- Storage expansion:
- microSD, microSDHC up to 32 GB
- Talk time:
the average is 12 h (745 min) 6.66 hours
- 6.66 hours
- Stand-by time:
the average is 20 days (487 h) 12.1 days (290 hours)
- 12.1 days (290 hours)
- Talk time (3G):
the average is 12 h (706 min) 7.16 hours
- 7.16 hours
- Stand-by time (3G):
the average is 19 days (457 h) 12.9 days (310 hours)
- 12.9 days (310 hours)
- 1910 mAh
- Music player:
- Filter by:
- Album, Artist, Playlists
- Album art cover, Background playback, Music recognition, Sound effects
- Filter by:
- FM, Stereo, RDS
- Earpiece, Loudspeaker
- YouTube player:
- Built-in online services support:
- Facebook, YouTube (upload), Picasa/Google+, Twitter
- 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz
- HSDPA 14.4 Mbit/s, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS
Positioning - This field shows the positioning systems supported by the device. There are three main types: GPS, A-GPS and GLONASS. GPS - This is one of the most widespread global positioning technologies, developed and maintained by the U.S. government. It uses satellites in order to detect your location. Works best in clear weather. A-GPS - A-GPS stands for Assisted GPS and is the industry standard for positioning and navigation. “Assisted” means that it can use local wireless networks, in addition to satellites, for quicker and more precise localization. GLONASS - GLONASS is a global positioning system, developed by the Russian Federation. It’s very similar to GPS, but isn’t so popular in cell phones.
- GPS, Glonass
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- 802.11 b, g, n
- Mobile hotspot:
- USB 2.0
- Mass storage device, USB charging
- NFC, DLNA, Tethering, Computer sync, OTA sync
- Music ringtones (MP3), Polyphonic ringtones, Vibration, Flight mode, Silent mode, Speakerphone
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass
- Voice dialing, Voice commands, Voice recording
- Officially announced:
- 30 May 2012
- Stereo portable handsfree, charger, micro USB cable for charging, synchronisation and file transfer, and user documentation.
Despite our efforts to provide full and correct Sony Xperia acro S specifications, there is always a possibility of making a mistake. If you see any wrong or incomplete data, please LET US KNOW.
If you are interested in using our specs commercially, check out our Phone specs database licensing page.