Sony Ericsson T715a User Reviews

Battery2.3/10
Display6.3/10
Text input5.3/10

ryanthesound
posted on 08 Oct 2011, 07:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)

A consistently dissapointing Phone

ryanthesound has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The t715a is everything i want in a phone. Small, lots of cool but not over the top features, sufficent internet access and a solid camera.

But it's an absolute nightmare. Whenever the phone is dropped, the back cover comes off and the loose batter goes flying. Secondly, the phone is poorly constructed, so it breaks 'wears and tears' extremely easily. It doesn't turn on very easily, often taking age to recognise that you've been pressing the on button furisously. The charging port has broken twice on my phone, making it not only impossible to charge but impossible to plug in head phones - worse, if the charging port itself isn't broken the charger breaks extremelt easily as well. On screen, i have had consistent problems with the phone going blank, or it's colours becoming mucked up, or some other issue that for a company such as Sony seems rediculous that they were unable to fix. It's battery life is almost as bad as my 15 year old Gameboy.

When the phone works, it's excellent, with the exception of the pathetic word dictionary. But usually there is one problem or another with it. There are a lot better phones on the market, do not buy this one.

Build quality 1/10 Breaks upon drop, scratches extremely easily, whole phone slides very loosely and in a way that it shouldn't. Not a solid structure.

Pros

• Seems nice and cute

Cons

• There is always a significant manufacturing problem with it.

Khoria
posted on 03 Oct 2011, 21:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)

Severly Annoyed

Khoria has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The phone was absolutely wonderful for the first year. Have never been happier... The picture quality was great, and the conversation option was amazing since it allowed me to track everything so much easier in a conversation.

At about two weeks after the one-year warranty was up, I could suddenly no longer plug my phone into my computer via the USB cable that came with it. It simply refused to work with my phone. After trying numerous cables, we established that it was the phone, and not the cables.

It has now been 1.5 years since I purchased the phone, and it decided to refuse sending all text messages and out-going calls, as well as receive anything, today. I had to take out the battery and SIM card, then wait and pray for it to work. It did start working again, yet now it lags when I bring up any type of menu.

Build quality 2/10 After one year, right after the warranty expired, I started having issues with the phone to the point where it doesn't work properly; I need to take out my memory card and upload it using my micro-sd USB to get my photos onto the computer.
Internet 3/10 Internet was good, but the way items displayed on the phone was often very awkward.
UI speed 5/10 Was excellent in the beginning, but 1.5 years later, it has slowed down to a ridiculously slow rate where the text I am writing in a message takes a solid 5 seconds to appear after I've entered in on the keypad.
Text input 5/10 The T9 is great sometimes, absolutely stupid other times. The text also lags in my phone at this point.
Display 9/10 Very happy with the way everything inherent to the phone is displayed, including pictures.
Battery 3/10 Dies after about 1.5 days of texting, no phone calls or pictures taken.

Al
posted on 22 Jan 2011, 02:55

UPDATE on previous review posted on July 2010

Al has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for one year now and it has failed to impress me, mainly because of 1 fatal flaw. 6 months after I had bought the phone, the port for headphones and charger had broken. I got it repaired, but 6 months later, the same problem has occured. My phone is currently broken and I cannot charge my phone and the charger is not at fault, it is the phone. If anyone is aware of how to fix the port then contact me at ahoujan@hotmail.com. If I get no reply I will have to send it to get repaired for the SECOND time.

FINAL WORDS:
This phone is not recommended to people who use and charge their phone often.

Joey230
posted on 30 Sep 2010, 19:47

Not Bad

The phone is pretty good depending on what you're looking for.  It's got lots of great features, but the phone uses a proprietory headphone jack made of flimsy plastic which will break very quickly.  I bought the phone mostly for the radio, but it stopped working after 6 months due to the crummy headphone jack.  Also, the phone is a perfect rectangle which makes it very uncomfortable against your ear.  Battery life is good and reception is good too.

posted on 14 Aug 2010, 22:04

A good phone that feels very comfortable in my hands. I tend to have bigger hands than most people and I find that this phone isn't too small for my hands yet is still a small phone. The screen is nice and the conversation texting is really helpful in keeping track of your text messaging. Sony really makes it easy to connect to the computer and provides excellent software in doing so. Call reception is good and the phone is 3g which is huge for call clarity.

Pros

• Comfortable Keypad
  • Small
  • Stylish
  • Good features
  • Solid design

Cons

• Vibration is a little weak
  • I wish it was a bit louder

posted on 27 Jan 2010, 01:46

Great for Everyone - With Some Minor Problems

When this phone was released, I was curious. It was much smaller than my other phone and it didn't seem my type. But I received one for Christmas and I was really impressed. The size was perfect for my hands and the keyboard is very comfortable, it also comes packed with a charger and headphones. It can also use MicroSD's, unlike other Sony Ericssons. But what about the hardware? Well, the phone has never crashed on me or slowed down and still works perfectly. It includes a 3.2 megapixel camera and has a variety of features for video and photo. It doesn't have a GPS funtion, but comes with built in Google Maps which is just as good. Of coarse, it comes with Sony Ericssons Video, Music and Photo Djs which are great for passing time and messing with your media! It has many internet features as well, including 'PlayNow', for music and games, and 'TrackID', which is similar to 'Shazam' on the iPhone, it can take recordings of songs and tell you what it's called and who it's by. It also has a radio, which is very nice and works better than most other radios that I have. It is also compatible with 'TrackID'.Connectivity to computers is a bit of a problem for Australians, the USB cable doesn't come included with the phone and can only be bought online, but this doesn't seem like a problem in USA or Europe. A program called 'MediaGo' is needed to transfer content, but it can be downloaded from Sony's website for free. Bluetooth...

Pros

• 3.2 MegaPixel Camera
  • Video, Music and Photo DJ
  • Radio
  • Internet Features
  • Comfortable Keyboard
  • Sturdy Hardware
  • Compatible With MicroSD's
  • Nice Size
  • Good Design
  • Cheap Price (In Australia)

Cons

• Doesn't include a USB Cable (In Australia)
  • USB Cable Only Available Online (In Australia)
  • A Small Bluetooth Problem

posted on 05 Jan 2010, 22:45

The Sony Ericsson T715a is so good, that its pointless to talk about it, but I'll do it anyway. Apart from some small Bluetooth problems, the T715a runs almost perfectly and has many features. Its got a relatively good camera and a nice keypad. It is a very good slide phone and feels very comfortable in your hands. For under $150 in Pre-paid, it's really worth it!!

Pros

• Good Camera
  • Nice Design
  • Small and Portable
  • Comfortable Keypad
  • Media Features

Cons

• Not much, some Bluetooth Problems