Sony Ericsson T616 User Reviews

RangerDan
posted on 18 Aug 2006, 00:43

Time to move on

After using the phone for two and a half years, it died last week. The red charging light lit, but it refused to power on. Many, many times I cursed the phone and wanted to throw it against a brick wall, but when the time finally came I decided to simply let it rest in one piece.

Let's start with the bad news.
1)Charger design is/was terrible. Two little slivers of copper made up the connection. Over time the contacts became worn and it was a struggle to charge the battery. Often it would be attached to my wall for two and three days without holding a charge. The second thing I will always look at when looking for a new phone is the design of the charger.
2)Battery had little juice. Never had more than four days standby, often had two. I was constantly amazed that when I would leave the house in the morning with half bar, the phone would be useless by lunch.
3)Joystick broke and there was no alternative to searching through menus.

Now the good news.
1)It had a useful camera. Though the pics were often grainy, for its time it came in handy.
2)It was fairly durable. I dropped it a bunch over three years but it kept working for a long time. The only effect was a yellow stain on the screen that I've noticed on acquaintences same phone. Oh, wait. I dropped on Halloween last year and it mysteriously deleted everything I had saved in the phone.

It served my purposes for 30 months, but the bad greatly outweigh the good and I would not buy another.

mopz
posted on 17 Dec 2004, 23:21

mediocre

It's not a bad phone, but it's not great either. All functions work ok. Camera like most is a little cheezy. Weakest link is the weak battery. My old Nokia 6310i could go for many days. (1100 mah) but Sony needs constant recharges with it's ~750mah battery. Thus, I pack the nokia with me for when the battery craters at a critical time. Pop the SIM and I'm back in business.

rajbarath
posted on 28 Oct 2004, 00:41

good fone

the fone is amazing, this is the third of the sony ericsson fones that am owning.. and this is simply THE best.. be it IR connectivity or Bluetooth, voice quality..its outstanding, battery life is good too.

the only problem is, if u bought it for the camera, the picture quality doesnt measure upto the other features, its not bad/ not good either..but hey first of all its a fone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike gerst
posted on 07 Sep 2004, 07:05

Sony T616 way below par

a $200 doorstop, if it will even hold the door.

The phones software is slow, the reception is terrible. Often, the phone requires a poweroff, poweron in order to even see service.

Overall, don't waste your money.