Sony Ericsson Equinox User Reviews

Ceebee
posted on 14 Jul 2011, 05:17

Nice little phone

Ceebee has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This is the 1st cell I've had in about 10 years. I hated my old one (ya know the one that just made calls?).I've used others but this one was really nice and "cute" as well.
It's small, easy to handle, and I like the light effects and ID.
The reception is not good about 1/2 the time but the reception in my area isn't the best as it is. The call quality is excellent from both the callers point as well as mine.
Internet was quick and no freezing.
The camera takes great outdoor photos, crisp and clear with great detail.Indoor, forget it.Very grainy and dark and yellowish.The camera has many settings including different list settings as well as burst mode for photos.The video is faiurly good as long as you go outside to film.
It's great for every day usage. The texting is awful.No QWERTY and the predictive is a pain.Fortunately it comes with software where you can connect to your computer and text via it.
Battery is poor and the only problem I have had to contact Sony about. Talk time on a full charge is about 3 hours. Standby by is about a day. If you shut off the light effects, it may last longer, but I was very disappointed in the lack in the battery dept.
I've had and enjoyed this phone for over a year now, but it's starting to get sick and I'm having several problems with it now. I was disappointed they have discontinued this phone as I've bonded with it (lol) and now I am currently trying to find something that has the qualities and ease of use this one has.

Pros

• Ease of use, outdoor photos are excellent, great shortcut menu,call quality

Cons

• Horrible battery life, no flash and no qwerty

Ior
posted on 16 Apr 2010, 00:13

That's more than I expected

There are a few con's, but still It is not just good, it's very good phone!What I like - there are pretty much all kinds of software what I need already pre-installed. Include such as voice recorder (what I have used already with my unpredictable customer, about 2 hours of recordings to the memory card!),  coded memo where you can write your passwords and accounts,  GPS works very fast and shows  my position when I start it in my kitchen! First couldn't  find how to install java applications, then just copied them to the memory card and push the button, that's it!  No extra minute spent to  install the phone to the computer for sync! I am not talking about standart things like Calendar, alarm (I use every morning),  to-do list (never used), camera is not perfect, but still ok.  You could expect better of 3.2M, but don't forget - it's a phone, it's not a camcorder anyway!Voice answer works great! At least my voice that thing recognizes very well. The minus is I can't hang up with voice command :-) Would be good to have button on the headphones for to hand up and to answer, like Nokia does.What I don't like - it is a little bit more slippery then I would like it to be. And it's difficult to open with one hand, just not big gap between shells.  May be I need woman's hand to open it :-)Became a little bit better after I bought  a cover/holder.   In that meaning Motorola Razr was out of competition. But...

Pros

• Good reception, sensitive GPS, very good set of additional software, very easy to install to PC.
  • Looks attractive.

Cons

• A little bit too slippery, easy to drop, difficult to open with one hand.
  • Volume button is too small.
  • Lack of On/Off button on the standard headphones.

WR
posted on 11 Nov 2009, 14:07

Sony Ericsson Equinox correction

Sony Ericsson EquinoxYesterday by WR
90%9
out of 10
It is the most complete non-smartphone. It has all the features like 3.2 megapixel camera, FM radio, MP3, video streaming and web browsing with 3G speed. The only features the phone doesn't are the software application like MS word, Excel and other software application. It is almost like the Iphone , T-Mobile Dash or the G1. The reception is great. The phone's software is great improvement probably due it has more memory 175mb I believe than SE TM 506. It freezes less and doesn't restart on its own like the SE TM 506. The best phone I ever had. Replaces my SE TM 506 which has software program like crashing, restarting on its own and laging.

Pros

• Have great features. Most complete non-smartphone.

Cons

• No qwerty keyboard. Doesn't have MS software programs like Word and Excel.

WR
posted on 10 Nov 2009, 13:16

Sony Ericsson Equinox

It is the most complete non-smartphone. It has all the features like 3.2 megapixel camera, FM radio, MP3, video streaming and web browsing with 3G speed. The only features the phone doesn't are the software application like MS word, Excel and other software application. It is almost like the Iphone , T-Mobile Dash or the G1. The reception is great. The phone's software is great improvement probably due it has more memory 175mb I believe than SE TM 506. It freezes less and doesn't restart on its own like the SE TM 506. The best phone I ever had. Replaces my SE TM 506 which has software program like crashing, restarting on its own and laging.

Pros

• Great features as mentioned in the review.

Cons

• Doesn't have software MS software programs and other programs that a smartphone has.

celluvr
posted on 09 Nov 2009, 03:05

Love my S.E. Equinox!

After a bad experience with the Samsung T-659 (which I returned), I bought the Sony Ericsson Equinox.  For it's price, it's packed with features!  The set-up was a snap...was able to load my contacts and calendar appt's in no time.  Love the feature of when you add a B-Day in your contacts, it automatically places them in your calendar!  My Moto RIZR & the last Samsung I had didn't do that!  Like the various app's available, such as the Facebook app, TeleNav, You Tube, etc.  It allows me to get HTML e-mail with my AOL account...and the predictive text for texting works great!  If you manually have to spell something, a little window pop's up as your hitting the key to show you how many hits you have to make to get the correct letter or number...makes texting very easy.  Love the FM radio...that works great!  The browser is very fast, aided by 3G speeds.  Web pages loaded fairly rapidly.  The audio quality is fantastic!  Voices sound very clear with a great range of lows/highs.  No problems with signal strength as well...haven't dropped a call yet!  The phone is light and thin...fit's in my pocket.  Haven't had a chance to use the camera much yet, but from what I've seen so far, it takes great pics!  Again, for the price it has a lot to offer.  Sure this will be a keeper for me!

To answer the previous posters questions, the 2 squares/boxes above or right next to the camera icon...

Pros

• Thin/light design. Good audio quality. Great signal strength. Fast web/3G. E-mail, Facebook, TeleNav, FM Radio, You Tube, etc. Basically a lot of "bang for the buck".

Cons

• Wish it had a full or partial qwerty...otherwise it would be perfect!