Sanyo SCP-7400 / MM-7400 User Reviews

Drew
posted on 20 Feb 2007, 15:35

Sanyo MM-7400

Overall nice phone. I've had mine for 2 years. It has a solid feel to it, and does not feel as flimsy as about 90% of all the other phones I've looked at. My camera and video no longer work but it may be my fault for dropping it so many times, the rubber grip/protectors saved it from a few more scratches I'm sure. The camera quality isn't very good by comparison to newer phones. The sound quality is pretty good, and can be very loud when cranked up full blast. The speaker phone distorts when the volume is too high, but I'd rather have to turn it down that wish I could turn it up more. I do wish it had more memory though. Battery life is better than most. Screens are bright and easy to read and there is a ton of other ways to customize it to your liking. The flash doubles as a flash light which has come in handy in dark situations. Would I buy it again? Sure, if, it had a lot more memory for pictures and downloads, better picture/video quality, and slimmed down a bit, sounds like the new Sanyo SCP-8400 is just that.

kiwibabe
posted on 20 Apr 2006, 18:32

??

I bought this phone just over a year ago now and find that it is very good to use, user friendly for sure. It takes excellent pictures that are easily sent to email addresses, i use that feature all the time.... however i do find that if i record any sound on it then its not the best quality, something that doesnt worry me however. I have it on the telecom prepaid scheme so it is cost effective for me to maintain..... dont think ill be needing a new phone anytime soon as this one suits me down to the ground.

pats
posted on 11 Nov 2005, 20:24

scp-7400

had this phone when i sighed up with sprint i work in construction and was looking for a phone that could hold up the phone does hold up every well i droped it twice down a 80 ft. shipon shaft we were building while climeing up ran it over with my truck witch is no small truck at 9,200 empty again by mistake and it held up every well but when it finely stoped working and i needed a phone that i could use overseas when i went to the philippines in august for my wedding so i picted up the samsung a790 let me tell yeah was a bad move on my part because one i can't stay conected was never able to use it there in the philippines it's just an over all a bad phone the samsung a790 doesn't even come close to the sanyo 7400 wish i still had that phone and thinking of going and getting another sanyo 7400 but only if it will work in the philippines

Jessie
posted on 19 Aug 2005, 18:39

Not to shabby

Bought this phone near a month ago. Love the rubber edges. Feels very lightweight and durable. Speaker is a GREAT add-on. Beautiful color screen. The sound out of the ear piece is a little disapointing at times, but I found that by turning the volume of it down, it does improve. Does have some low signal problems, but have yet to drop or be unable to make a call with it. Camera and video cam are a nice little feature. Easy to use, but find myself having to use the flash alot, especially in poorly or under lit rooms. Definatly happy with it

rbnzdave
posted on 21 Jul 2005, 02:15

best ive had

Firstly, I got this fone on a plan from my countries cell provider telecom. I traded in a vodafone cellphone, tyhe alcatel 735i and got it reduced from $600 retail down to $70. i'm paying 78 a month for the plan, but they start from about 20. It beats the alcatel hands down in every way, but then it is more recent. Happy with the games capability, and the voice recognition is almost perfect. it negates the need for speed dial, as you can say "contact

kmox
posted on 20 Jul 2005, 14:30

Does a nice job

Bought this phone to replace an older non-flip Sanyo. I am a little wary of flip phones because I feel they are not durable. The rubberized edges helps beef up the phone's shock absorbing ability. The camera and video are easy to operate. The phone also seems to power up/down quickly which I like. The signal strength seems to be low a lot of the time, but that might just be the location and Sprint. Overall, a good phone. I would recommend it.

mike
posted on 17 Jul 2005, 23:40

50/50

Makes me want to say "next"!
for the video and picture, not bad - not bad at all. As for just the phone part it sucks ie: sound off speaker realy bad ...speaker the best. only nine speed numbers and two many key to get to any # ..voice number sad..

overall didnt do it for me.

Chad
posted on 25 Jan 2005, 16:51

Super Phone

Had this phone for few weeks. Great phone. Video Camera functionality is very good. Ready Link works great. So far, very impressed. Internet browsing is markedly faster than my previous Samsung VGA1000.